Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2007, 17:08   #286
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

saying now that they cant tell you who the suspect is, what are they talking about? im all confused now
Old 15-05-2007, 17:10   #287

They saying they have searched 5 houses! saying the people questioned are not suspects !!

Same thing every time they hold a press conference!

'The views expressed here are my own and are not necessarily those of the site'
Traceyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 17:10   #288
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
saying now that they cant tell you who the suspect is, what are they talking about? im all confused now
there laws say they cant name the suspect.......but our reporters can, thats why we have been told who the suspect is.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 18:25   #289
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

ahhhh got ya!
Old 15-05-2007, 19:06   #290
Resident Waffler

I think I can see their point in not saying much because then the suspects are less likely to panic. The child's safety is the most important thing.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 19:26   #291
Senior Member+

I just read that the parents dropped the twins off at a creche. Not having been through anything like this, thank God, but I feel a bit surprised. I'm sure I'd hang on to them like grim death and never let them out of my sight.

What do you reckon?

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 19:27   #292
God Member

I think they're just trying to keep things normal for them and with all the interviews etc it would have an effect on the little ones.
Old 15-05-2007, 19:33   #293
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I hope this all ends with a favourable outcome, but it is beginning to have the Holly and Jessica feel to it.
This was my feeling, quite a while ago. Post #104
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 20:09   #294
Resident Waffler

I feel sorry for the poor parents. Whatever they do now regarding their children will always be criticised. If it was me I'd want them to be with family, grandparents maybe, but certainly not in the media circus which is surrounding the parents. They probably did make the right choice here just to keep them out of the publicity.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 20:18   #295
Passed away 25-11-09

I haven't contributed to this thread up to now because my saying, "I hope they find her" etc., won't help and I don't see the point in repeating what's already in the media. I do feel, however, that the Media concentration on the "suspect" is getting out of hand.

The man in question may or may not be involved, I can't form an opinion because I am not there and I'm not privvy to any evidence, but the Press has already tried him and found him guilty. An article in the Daily Express refers to his having a "steely gaze" (so he must be guilty or, at least, shifty). It does, later, say that he has a glass eye. It refers to his always being around the police and "trying to get involved". It then goes on to say that he used to work as an interpreter with Norfolk Police - which may or may not have given him some impulsion to want to work with the Portugese Police. Most guilty fact of all - he lives close to the holiday complex - so that's it then, all wrapped up in a nutshell.

The impression I get from all this is that the Portugese Police have been inefficient from the start. With no other evidence than a "suspicion" by a British woman reporter they have dilligently searched for clues in this man's home and questioned him. This is nearly 2 weeks after the child disappeared. There is still no charge.

They may have got lucky, this man may be involved and they may solve the case. On the other hand, it may be a false trail and a waste of precious time.
Old 15-05-2007, 20:48   #296
God Member

Very shortly on Sky news they will be showing an interview with the main suspect in the Madeleine McCann case.I wouldn't have thought it appropriate under the circumstances for him to be speaking to the media.It's strange how the police can reveal so little information yet it's ok for the main suspect to be interviewed on television.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 20:52   #297

they seem to have a very funny way the police over there
Old 15-05-2007, 20:56   #298
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta View Post
I just read that the parents dropped the twins off at a creche. Not having been through anything like this, thank God, but I feel a bit surprised. I'm sure I'd hang on to them like grim death and never let them out of my sight.

What do you reckon?
I think it's good that the parents have not lost sight of the fact that most people in life are good and trustworthy and have entrusted their twins to the care of the creche staff despite Madeleine's abduction from their apartment.I think they made a very sensible decision as it would not be healthy for the parents or the twins if they were to never let them out of their sight again.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 21:36   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I think it's good that the parents have not lost sight of the fact that most people in life are good and trustworthy and have entrusted their twins to the care of the creche staff despite Madeleine's abduction from their apartment.I think they made a very sensible decision as it would not be healthy for the parents or the twins if they were to never let them out of their sight again.
totally agree with you on that one lilly! You have to keep a certain amount of normal for the twins sake! I bet it wasn,t an easy decision to make!
lillypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 09:32   #300
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

is there still no news?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..