Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 12:51   #391
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

breaking news....
Suspect Quizzed Over Madeleine |Sky News|MADELEINE

probably will become nothing again
Old 10-07-2007, 13:02   #392
Resident Waffler

How odd that they keep coming back to him.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 13:10   #393
Resting in peace

They must know something about this chap, they are not allowed to disclose anything about the case, maybe DNA evidence has turned something up
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 13:57   #394
God Member

Hope she turns up soon, you'd think if he had anything to do with it they'd have found it by now.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:54   #395
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

A Portuguese newspaper has claimed that traces of blood have been found in the apartment from which Madeleine McCann was taken.
Detectives have so far refused to comment on the report that appeared in the Jornal de Noticias.
It said blood was discovered on a wall last week after a scent was picked up by British sniffer dogs specially trained to find remains of bodies.
Police now believe it is most likely the four-year-old is dead, having been killed accidentally, the newspaper said.

But there has been no official confirmation of this !!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:59   #396
God Member

I've been hoping that the DNA taken last week would be a positive sighting, results due in the next couple of days.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:19   #397
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

funny it had to be a British sniffer dog who sniffed it out, why didnt the Portuguese police find this??
Old 07-08-2007, 08:24   #398
God Member

If I was ever in court and looked at the jury to see you lot I would panick..
Old 07-08-2007, 08:25   #399
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
If I was ever in court and looked at the jury to see you lot I would panick..
why?...lol
Old 07-08-2007, 15:27   #400
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
funny it had to be a British sniffer dog who sniffed it out, why didnt the Portuguese police find this??
That blood should have been picked up on day one.Think how the parents felt when they were told what these dogs had found.It's terrible that it's taken 3 months.Also the search the Portugese police did of Robert Murat's garden was very very poor.The British police have now looked in bushes and shrubs,which the Portugese police failed to do.In the paper today there is a long list of blunders made by the Portugese police who do not deal with these sort of crimes and are so blatently out of their depth in this case.It's great that the British police have now intervened and hopefully the truth about what happened to Madeleine is not far from being discovered ,but why have the Portugese blundered on on their own for 3 months?This will only have added to the family's distress.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 15:30   #401
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
That blood should have been picked up on day one.
According to the lunchtime news on the BBC, it's still being tested to see if it is indeed blood.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 16:16   #402
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
According to the lunchtime news on the BBC, it's still being tested to see if it is indeed blood.
I heard that as well, once again speculation is rife. Surely if there is blood it would have been found before now. If the Portugese police are so incompetent why oh why has it taken British police so long to get involved?
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 20:56   #403
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Ah right.The papers are saying it is blood.Anyway,if it is found to be blood I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean it is Madeleine's blood.The Portugese police have been so lax in their treatment of that apartment,not sealing off the area,not searching thoroughly for evidence,they've even allowed other families to stay in that apartment since Madeleine's abduction,so the blood or whatever it is could have come from one of these other people and be nothing to do with Madeleine.What a mess.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 21:06   #404
Senior Member+

i think it says something about us as a society, that our police ARE much more experianced at this sort of thing, wouldnt it be nicer to live in a place where the police are not used do carrying out this work day after day?
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 21:10   #405
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
That blood should have been picked up on day one.Think how the parents felt when they were told what these dogs had found.It's terrible that it's taken 3 months.Also the search the Portugese police did of Robert Murat's garden was very very poor.The British police have now looked in bushes and shrubs,which the Portugese police failed to do.In the paper today there is a long list of blunders made by the Portugese police who do not deal with these sort of crimes and are so blatently out of their depth in this case.It's great that the British police have now intervened and hopefully the truth about what happened to Madeleine is not far from being discovered ,but why have the Portugese blundered on on their own for 3 months?This will only have added to the family's distress.
It is supposed to be 'minute' specks of blood, please be patient and allow the authorities to decide whose/what type of blood it is! Until it's tested no-one knows somebody may have cut themselves shaving! Until they test it we don't know, by the way, if it is her blood who is to say a stranger spilled it, speculation leads to rumors and rumors lead to the innocent being blamed!

I don't know what happened but I will await the official report because none of us know.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..