Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 21:35   #526
Resting in Peace

Re: "Maddy"

I keep my yellow ribbon (as Lilly) in the hope that she will be found at some stage (good or bad news) .. it will stay there until some conclusion as far as I am concerned.

I do not believe for one minute that the parents were involved here at all, and agree they have suffered enough for what I feel was not too bad a crime to leave them, checking every half hour, as would a child-minder. Ok, wouldn't have done it myself, but bet lots of folks have.

The major criminals are the Portuguese police with their inadequate, bad responses to this case. Good point Danny re. the supermarket report .. feel just people jumping on the band wagon of this case.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2008, 21:38   #527
Passed away 25-11-09

So many sightings - and they've all come to nothing. Many people on holiday in Malta "saw" the child. The Maltese police (who operate like the British police) investigated and none of the sightings were true.

A woman in Holland says the child was in her shop and said, "My name is Maddie." Kate McCann has said, over and over again, that her daughter called herself Madeleine. The abreviation, Maddie, was made up by the British Press and was never used by the McCanns. The Dutch woman is either lying or deluding herself.
Old 08-08-2008, 21:51   #528
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post

A woman in Holland says the child was in her shop and said, "My name is Maddie." Kate McCann has said, over and over again, that her daughter called herself Madeleine. The abreviation, Maddie, was made up by the British Press and was never used by the McCanns. The Dutch woman is either lying or deluding herself.
Really Westender ? Just goes to show, doesn't it !

In heart of hearts, I do not believe that this child is still with us, and that it was just a pervert of some sort that saw an opportunity to carry out his fantasies .. not organised paedophile crime or anything... a 'working alone' nutcase.
Old 08-08-2008, 22:16   #529
Passed away 25-11-09

Whether the poor child was taken by a loner or a paedophile ring I think, like you Kate, she's no longer alive. The horror is unimaginable but I hope, for their sake, the parents find out what happened to her. Heartbreaking as it is, they can have no "closure" until they know for sure.
Old 08-08-2008, 22:21   #530
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Don't you think these people..The parents..have suffered enough for leaving the child alone?.. If anyone has evidence that this was a crime commited by them then give it up!..don't rely on the newspapers for gods sake...
Must be agree with Mancie night.The law relies on fact not fiction and if the police of several countries can't solve the crime I don't think the good people of Accy Web can.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 22:25   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Must be agree with Mancie night.The law relies on fact not fiction and if the police of several countries can't solve the crime I don't think the good people of Accy Web can.
Good post, Karma sent x
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 22:31   #532
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I know Benipete, it's just that it is human nature to speculate ... just because we are human and have emotions, and feel for this child and the parents.
Old 08-08-2008, 22:48   #533
Resting in Peace

And just like the Portuguese police branded the McCanns as supects due to inconclusive DNA testings on the blood spots in the hire car ... that was not 100% fact, was it ?
Old 08-08-2008, 23:11   #534
God Member

Well I personally think shes still alive. Dont know why I think it, just a gut feeling and the fact no body has been found.

I like many pray that she is found safe and well.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 23:24   #535
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Well I personally think shes still alive. Dont know why I think it, just a gut feeling and the fact no body has been found.

I like many pray that she is found safe and well.
Hope you are right Cherokee.
Old 08-08-2008, 23:31   #536
Senior Member+

if like some of your say the parents arnt to blame for the child going missing! than why didnt the mother answer all the 40 question the Portuguese police asked here! why did some people refuse to speal at all and all this about the tapas! if you are that innocent than you will do anything to prove you are by not answering these questions than something is not right! the way they were when they were on tv talking to the media something just does not add up! i think the parents had something to do with it not on purpose may i add i think it was an accident and seeing as they were both had very high jobs they could of easy got rid of the body, but i hope am wrong and that she is still alive

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 00:31   #537
white rabbits

Its so long ago now , I think she will look totally different...I really hope she finds her mummy and daddy before she starts to forget them,,,,,
Old 09-08-2008, 08:07   #538
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
The parent's of this child are well educated people and don't need the speculation that surrounds this case.
If they are so well educated why did they neglect her while they went out for a meal?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:52   #539
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If they are so well educated why did they neglect her while they went out for a meal?
I don't think its a question of whether they were educated or not.
And i think neglect is a strong word for what happened.
They made a huge mistake that will haunt them for the rest of their lives but at the time they genuinely thought that she would be fine as they were in a family resort checking on her regularly.
What happened was a tragic yet unlikely event that they could never have imagined in their worst nightmares.
I think its time to stop vilifying them for what happened.
Surely the fact that they don't know where their daughter is and whether she is alive or dead is enough for them to try and cope with?
They will no doubt blame themselves to a degree forever.
I'm sure comments like yours and others in the media make them feel even worse than they do already and all the speculation in the papers is out of order in my opinion too,raising false hope over and over again.
Leave them to continue the search for Madeline,hopefully the media can still help them without the speculation and hopefully one day we will all find out what happened to that beautiful little girl.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45   #540
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Don't you think these people..The parents..have suffered enough for leaving the child alone?.. If anyone has evidence that this was a crime commited by them then give it up!..don't rely on the newspapers for gods sake...

No I do not think they have suffered enough.... they should be charged with CHILD NEGLECT...
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..