Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 11:00   #541
Resting in Peace

Re: "Maddy"

News bulletin just now saying yet another sighting in a bank in Brussels .. suppose will go on for ever this. Some people will be well meaning, others, well, you just don't know.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2008, 11:27   #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
No I do not think they have suffered enough.... they should be charged with CHILD NEGLECT...
Why? What punishment count be given thats worse than losing their child. You think charging them would help anyone?????
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:30   #543
Resting in Peace

If she is still alive and I pray she is... I don't think anyone would be that stupid to take the little one out in public... its like oh she's in the papers everyday, lets take her to the bank for a trip out... I think not:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:30   #544
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Why? What punishment count be given thats worse than losing their child. You think charging them would help anyone?????
there are two other children in their care ( are they fit parents) NO
Old 09-08-2008, 11:41   #545
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
i would say it may deter others from doing the same, i'm 100% with magpie on this.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48   #546
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
No I do not think they have suffered enough.... they should be charged with CHILD NEGLECT...
I bet if it was a single mum from a dodgy council estate, you know like up Huncoat then they would be.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:50   #547
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Yes I do. I think it would make other people be more careful.

Its like when the HSE fine you for chopping off a leg in an accident at work.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:50   #548
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I bet if it was a single mum from a dodgy council estate, you know like up Huncoat then they would be.
yeh like the girl in greater manchester,
Old 09-08-2008, 11:51   #549
Senior Member+

goes to show that education doesnt make you a good parent........
I have friends that dont have GCSE's and they wouldnt leave their kids alone!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 15:12   #550

I;m not saying what they did was right, all i'm saying is, in my mind, they are suffering the worst possible punishment imaginable
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 15:14   #551
Loz

Quote:
I;m not saying what they did was right, all i'm saying is, in my mind, they are suffering the worst possible punishment imaginable
I agree entirely,nothing could possibly be worse than what they have to live with everyday of their lives.
Old 09-08-2008, 15:29   #552
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
No they aren't but due to their neglect the poor child may have!

In the original thread I mentioned and stand by the fact, (despite the bleeding hearts that said I was wrong), with responsible parents this wouldn't have happened and that had the parents not been 'middle class', they would have suffered the full weight of the law, yes a slap on the wrist, but they were protected by the very newspapers that would have crucified parents from a blue collar background.

Again I repeat, I hope with all my heart that the child is found safe and well, but no way would I forgive a relative of mine that went with friends for a meal leaving their vulnerable children on their own espescially in a strange apartment, in a strange town, in a strange Country.

I am glad to see there are still members on site that have similar feelings, child neglect even had it been the Queen would still be child neglect.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:01   #553
Resting in Peace

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

I have merged the two threads on this subject.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:25   #554
Resting in Peace

Quote:

so what you are saying to other people who may do the same is:
Hey its ok if you leave your children alone , whilst your on holiday or at home ... you have a nice few drinks... if anything happens:

You won't go to prison or have your other children taken off you:

you will have suffered enough... there there there..........
Old 10-08-2008, 09:35   #555
Resting in Peace

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

In my oppionion young children shouln't be left on there own, but how many parents went to Butlins and left ther children nowing there was a shally patrol, how many parents have just nipped to the corner shop? Hind sight is a great thing and I'm sure the Mackanns will rue their decision for the rest of their lives

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..