Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 19:53   #571
Resting in Peace

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

I have not forgotten Madeleine, and about to watch the programme on Channel 4 now following her parents' efforts to create a normal life.

In the meantime, sure you have all seen this picture of how she may look now at age 6.

Madeleine aged 6.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2009, 23:34   #572
Give, give, give member

I watched the programme too.

There's always hope that she'll return to her family one day, as has happily happened in a few similar cases.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:32   #573
God Member

What's annoying about the case is that it's only now that they're suggesting that she wasn't snatched from her room but had possibly wandered out of the apartment looking for her mum and dad.

That changes everything about the evidence and probably the profile of who they were looking for. Some serious mistakes have been made with this case.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:09   #574
God Member

it really doesnt seem like 2 years ago since she went missing
Old 08-05-2009, 09:25   #575
Resting in Peace

Having had girls myself I often wonder what I would have done if that had happened to one of mine, I think I would have gone crazy to say the least, I think Maddy's parents have handled the situation, in public, in a calm and logical way, where lots of people would just have fallen to pieces, and I include myself in that too
Old 08-05-2009, 09:29   #576
God Member

i would have been the same as you Jay, it would have killed me
Old 08-05-2009, 09:52   #577
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
What's annoying about the case is that it's only now that they're suggesting that she wasn't snatched from her room but had possibly wandered out of the apartment looking for her mum and dad.
That wasn't one of the possibilities being looked at in last night's programme. Though of course it makes sense.

Her father did admit that with hindsight they were wrong to leave the children whilst they ate, and that's something they have to live with.

It showed him walking from their apartment to the tapas bar, and it was one hell of a long way. Even if the children woke up, and were crying they wouldn't have heard them.

We've been in that position on holiday, and no way would we have left our children. We took it in turns to stay in and baby-sit.

I still think what they did was wrong, but I hope beyond hope she'll be returned to her family, who I guess are having to live with the consequences of their actions.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:03   #578
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That wasn't one of the possibilities being looked at in last night's programme. Though of course it makes sense.
I had never heard this theory either, but like you say is a possibility ... but am sure a 4 year old would have known in which direction to go in search of her parents.

They did the reconstruction whereby witnesses saw a man carrying a sleeping child near the apartment and about half a mile away. This puzzles me ... surely Maddie would have woken up in these circumstances ?

Did not want to get into any recriminations again on this sad loss, the stress was certainly showing on the mother's face I thought. They are not going to give up though.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:12   #579
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I had never heard this theory either, but like you say is a possibility ... but am sure a 4 year old would have known in which direction to go in search of her parents.
Not necessarily in a strange bed on holiday, if you were still half asleep, and it was dark, and the doors were unlocked.

Which it was in the daytime, with the curtains closed, when her father returned to the apartment in last night's programme.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:21   #580
Resting in Peace

Ok ... but surely someone would have spotted a youngster wandering around looking lost at some stage, and nobody reported this. She would have very unlucky to have come across someone with bad intentions within a short distance.

I just feel like those detectives do, someone in that resort knows something.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41   #581
Senior Member+

The two sightings didn't seem to add up to me. The second one was about half a mile away and 40 mins later. well surely someone would'nt have been walking round in public for that length of time with a girl that had been abducted? Also it wouldn't take that long to walk that distance, may be timings are not correct.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 13:05   #582
God Member

I didn't watch the programme so can't comment on what was said in that. It's just something that I read on the web a couple of days ago.

It's quite possible for a four year old child to get out of an apartment and try to find their parents - but it's equally possible that she wouldn't have known where to go. It was a strange country, not her own home and she could easily have wandered off.

I'm just surprised that it wasn't considered a little more at the time. It could have changed any number of parameters in the case.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 18:15   #583

Not sure what i think about this situation it something doesnt add up.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 18:26   #584
Resting in Peace

See the McCanns are using the law to stop a book on sale by the Officer who was in charge of the investigation in Portugal, which suggested they buried the body. Is the best selling book in this country at the moment, and will certainly hinder any other line of thought, and close people's minds.
Old 17-05-2009, 18:34   #585

I guess the first fact is i cant just cant comprehend anyone contemplating leaving their children alone whilst going out its just way beyond my imagination and especially two doctors, i never left sight of mine for a minute whilst abroad on holiday.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..