Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 12:50   #1

Angry Missing dog

My dog went missing today and I'm wondering if anyone has seen him?
He's a golden labrador, bit on the chubby side.. sniffs a lot, his name is Max but he's usually ignorant.. went missing about 12:15pm today, looked everywhere cant find him.

He went out back gate when the daft binmen left it open, I live up just off new lane.. Anyone in oswaldtwistle area see him please let me know.
Old 09-04-2009, 15:38   #2
God Member

Re: Missing dog

I hope you find him you've had him aaaaaages.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 16:09   #3
God Member

hopefully you have had him chipped and teh dogwarden will return him to ya

try ringingteh dog warden and teh r.s.p.c.a if you havnt already

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 17:48   #4

The warden got him, wants £70.

Idiotic binmen left the back gate open, so we rang the council, they tried to explain to warden and he still wants £70. Can't afford it at all. and Blazey we had him 11-12 years.
Old 09-04-2009, 17:59   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I hope you can find the money to get him back, what happens if you don't collect him? Do you get charge daily for holding him?

I am impressed that Steve got him so soon. I saw him driving past the Spar in Ossy an hour or so ago.
Old 09-04-2009, 18:03   #6
God Member

if the dog has a colar with address on wouldnt it have been easier to try the home adress first before dragging the dog to wherever?

mind you that wouldnt get £70 in the kitty would it

iv sent you a pm with a suggestion it could be worth a shot, its not as though it was your fault the dog got out

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 09-04-2009, 18:03   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
The warden got him, wants £70.

Idiotic binmen left the back gate open, so we rang the council, they tried to explain to warden and he still wants £70. Can't afford it at all. and Blazey we had him 11-12 years.
What I want to know, whats the 70 quid for, the dog wardens services are paid for out of the poll tax, he's got a van and other equipment provided from the same source.

The Idiotic bin men should have their wages stopped if there is any legality in charging, for what should be a free service.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 18:20   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if the dog has a colar with address on wouldnt it have been easier to try the home adress first before dragging the dog to wherever?
Know we have covered this ground before, but does say on the Hyndburn

'The first time a dog is caught straying, the dog wardens will try to trace the owners and return it.
Any other stray will be kept safely for up to seven days.'

The Dog Warden's services only cover 9 a.m. >> 5 p.m. Wonder what time your dog was picked up Jae ? Probably felt had no choice but to take it to the kennels, which will be what the charge is for. Mmmmmm.

Oh, blooming hek, if has been taken to Aspen .. says closed Bank Holidays !!

Last edited by katex; 09-04-2009 at 18:23.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 18:36   #9
God Member

Glad your dog has been found and hope you can get the money together to get it back.

What I don't understand is the bin men leaving the back gate open, thought all bins had to be left out for emptying these days
Old 09-04-2009, 18:37   #10
God Member

Are you sure it was the binmen who left the gate open ? Everywhere else in Hyndburn has to take their bin out to the street
Old 09-04-2009, 19:38   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
The Idiotic bin men should have their wages stopped if there is any legality in charging, for what should be a free service.
How can it be the bin mens fault if the dog is not properly secured?

The gate should have been locked - what if a child had made a mistake and opened the gate thinking it was his friends house?
Old 09-04-2009, 19:41   #12
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
How can it be the bin mens fault if the dog is not properly secured?

The gate should have been locked - what if a child had made a mistake and opened the gate thinking it was his friends house?
Totally agree with that. Surely you would normally keep the gate locked anyway, in case someone nicked your property...or your dog.

Even if they were expecting a bulk collection, when they have to come in the yard..you wouldn't leave the dog loose till the collection had been made, surely?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 19:49   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Glad your dog has been found and hope you can get the money together to get it back.

What I don't understand is the bin men leaving the back gate open, thought all bins had to be left out for emptying these days

Wrong, disabled get their bins done by the binmen.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 20:40   #14
God Member

also if you want somthing removing you have to leave your back gate unlocked to allow access to the item or items so your gate can be unlocked up to two weeks as they cant say when they will be coming

why should a gate be locked anyway its not as though the dog has opposable thumbs and can work the gate ?

if a council employee opens the gate they should shut it on their way out

the old phrase "were you born in a barn" springs to mind

Old 09-04-2009, 22:01   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Wrong, disabled get their bins done by the binmen.

Retlaw.
I hope disabled people don't leave their dogs outside then.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..