Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 18:28   #31
God Member

Re: Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I haven't seen much of Romney but since the dear ol' folks of the USA officially elected George W Bush (possibly the most dangerous man who ever walked the planet) as their premier citizen TWICE it wouldn't surprise me to see Obama replaced with an inferior candidate.

God bless America.
Romney is worse than Bush. GW was merely a power hungry, amoral, opportunistic sonofabitch riding on the rep of his daddy. Romney quite probably believes the bs he is spouting. Under a Romney administration, the US will once again be undisputed biggest threat to world peace and security ... And don't forget, you folks who are familiar with how the system works down there, he will have two years with the benefit of a GOP dominated Congress.

If there is a bright side, a Romney win will benefit Canada (I know, that really doesn't turn anyone's crank over on that side of the pond) ... Keystone pipeline will win quick approval, which means that bitumen from the Athabasca tar sands will be flowing to US ports and refineries. One only has to take a quick glance at the Middle East to understand why the yanks prefer to buy our oil And there will be strong US support for Canadian claims in the Arctic.

And it is important to see what kind of neo-fascist, gun toting, born again, nigger hating (but only in private), gay basher he chooses as his running mate. But, he could fool us all on that one and pick someone like Con Rice. Of course, it wouldn't matter all that much, the VP is still a cipher. John Nance Garner, FDR's VP, once observed that the job wasn't worth "a bucket of warm p(ee)" ... thing's ain't changed much.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-08-2012, 09:26   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Romney is worse than Bush. GW was merely a power hungry, amoral, opportunistic sonofabitch riding on the rep of his daddy. Romney quite probably believes the bs he is spouting. Under a Romney administration, the US will once again be undisputed biggest threat to world peace and security ... And don't forget, you folks who are familiar with how the system works down there, he will have two years with the benefit of a GOP dominated Congress.

If there is a bright side, a Romney win will benefit Canada (I know, that really doesn't turn anyone's crank over on that side of the pond) ... Keystone pipeline will win quick approval, which means that bitumen from the Athabasca tar sands will be flowing to US ports and refineries. One only has to take a quick glance at the Middle East to understand why the yanks prefer to buy our oil And there will be strong US support for Canadian claims in the Arctic.

And it is important to see what kind of neo-fascist, gun toting, born again, nigger hating (but only in private), gay basher he chooses as his running mate. But, he could fool us all on that one and pick someone like Con Rice. Of course, it wouldn't matter all that much, the VP is still a cipher. John Nance Garner, FDR's VP, once observed that the job wasn't worth "a bucket of warm p(ee)" ... thing's ain't changed much.
Thought Condi had quite politics, mind you that doesn't stand for much, Tony's trying to make a comeback over here Eric
Old 07-08-2012, 20:24   #33
God Member

For those of you who actually have an interest in the run up to the election, and in US politics in general, keep an eye out for celebrity endorsements. We don't have such things in our politics, and I doubt you have them in yours; but in the US they carry a lot of weight. So far, Brad Pitt and his gorgeous old lady have endorsed Obama (altho' Pitt's mom has come out in support of Romney) Clint Eastwood has endorsed Romney ... Dirty Harry, go figure, eh No doubt, other celebs will clamber on one or the other bandwagon. I've no doubt that Oprah will come out for Obama; and that is a biggie ... Oprah has a large and loyal following.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:15   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
For those of you who actually have an interest in the run up to the election, and in US politics in general, keep an eye out for celebrity endorsements. We don't have such things in our politics, and I doubt you have them in yours; but in the US they carry a lot of weight. So far, Brad Pitt and his gorgeous old lady have endorsed Obama (altho' Pitt's mom has come out in support of Romney) Clint Eastwood has endorsed Romney ... Dirty Harry, go figure, eh No doubt, other celebs will clamber on one or the other bandwagon. I've no doubt that Oprah will come out for Obama; and that is a biggie ... Oprah has a large and loyal following.
That's always been the same over the pond, I mean one big star told his fans I'll Be Back, then sodded of to be the Governor of California
Old 08-08-2012, 09:29   #35
Super Moderator

Bit surprised at Clint endorsing Romney. Always thought he was a well-sussed sort of feller. Obviously not!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:32   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Bit surprised at Clint endorsing Romney. Always thought he was a well-sussed sort of feller. Obviously not!
He is getting on a bit Wyn
Old 08-08-2012, 09:55   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Oprah has a large and loyal following.
You mean she's come off her diet AGAIN?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 15:08   #38
Resting In Peace

Another slip up by the next president...

BBC News - Romney slips up by introducing Ryan as 'next president'
Old 11-08-2012, 15:15   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Sounds like he's George W with the brains removed
Old 11-08-2012, 15:25   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
His mam made the biggest slip up. By having him.
Old 11-08-2012, 18:19   #41
God Member

Quote:

The biggest slip up is choosing Ryan. I think dumbass Romney has just guaranteed Obama's re-election.
Old 11-08-2012, 20:34   #42
Super Moderator

Quote:
The biggest slip up is choosing Ryan. I think dumbass Romney has just guaranteed Obama's re-election.
One bit of good news then!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:14   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
One bit of good news then!
Its just great to hear good news occasionally
Old 12-08-2012, 18:57   #44
God Member

I have to admit that I enjoy American politics; so, I made a point of understanding it. You can have fun following the campaign. See how many scandals come out. (Read the first line of Rochester's "Ramble in St. James' Park." In fact, read the whole poem ... it's a hoot) And you can have fun figuring out how many times a candidate can fit "God" into a short speech. See all the unfaithful and divorced Congressmen praising the "Family". It's a blast ... and, like WWE, so obviously fake.

But the yanks lap it up (as long as it doesn't interfere too much with football and the World Series)) However, there are several million US voters who are commited to neither party. And this is the constituency that determines who is elected Prez. What Romney needed to do when he selected his running mate was to appeal to these voters. Instead ... and it has most political commentators shaking their heads (I wonder how many have more than one head) ... he chose someone who appeals to folks who would vote for him anyway. And someone who, at the same time, will alienate the voters he needs to put him over the top.

I may be wrong, but I don't see anything that can stop Obama now. Hell, not even if Michelle posed nude for "Hot Chocolate" It will be close because, for too many yanks, Obama is still a nigg ... Oops, almost said it.. But I don't see the swing voters supporting a ticket of far right and lunatic right.
Old 13-08-2012, 13:19   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
I may be wrong, but I don't see anything that can stop Obama now........I don't see the swing voters supporting a ticket of far right and lunatic right.
Watching Sky News over here, we tend to see a bit of Fox News coverage of American politics (same owner, the 'humble' Rupert Murdoch). That gives us the impression that Obama has made a complete mess of the Presidency, and the only possible solution is for him to be ousted in November. The Tea Party have been presented as the solution to America's ills.

So it's somewhat surprising to see the Tea Party completely overlooked by the Republicans when they came to select a candidate, and it is surprising too (although refreshing also) to see them make such a complete and total mess of their selection of candidate and his running mate.

Once again, God Help America!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..