Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2012, 23:11   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Mitt Romney

Disagree mate, Romney cocked up big time on his recent tour in quite a few places, he managed it quite easily without prompting by the media, he annoyed n upset quite a few people all by himself, perhaps yeh were never shown that oer yon? The mans a balloon.
Old 23-08-2012, 23:30   #77
Senior Member+

Who next for presidency candidate... Fred Phelps? not much worse of a choice than this wannabe mass murderer-- isn't that what the previous republican presidents are? The bush idiots most certainly.

Brian. I think your posts are refreshing and its good to hear a point of view from across the pond. I ain't getting at your for your political beliefs. I just want to get that out of the way so you don't think I am personally attacking you.

But there is being a republican and BEING a republican. Some of these guys are religious maniacs. They get blood on their hands and wipe it on the pages of the bible to cleanse them.

Voting a religious maniac into presidency of the USA scares the hell out of me.
Old 23-08-2012, 23:45   #78
Super Moderator

...plus of course his running mate who thinks that an NHS system is a "threat to democracy".

Paul Ryan profile: The brains behind Presidential candidate Mitt Romney who is pro-gun, anti-abortion, hates the NHS and hunts deer - Mirror Online

Well, I don't. Whatever its flaws (and our NHS has many) a health system that is free at the point of delivery is a hallmark of a civillised democracy which looks after everyone including the old and needy. To my mind Romney and Ryan and their Republican fellow travellers display a laissez faire, I'm alright Jack attitude that I don't like.
Old 26-08-2012, 17:27   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Although I was hoping Herman Cain would have been the Republicans choice, Mitt Romney has the experience, character, and plan to fix the horrible mess the liberals have made of things. Sounds like you guys are being fed a boatload of ideas that are not totally factual. Plus our mainstream media continues to attack Romney but has hidden obama's many, many flaws.
Brian

I, too, was a supporter of Herman Cain. Although Romney was not my first choice, he'll do. The thought of President Slash n' Burn getting another four years is scary. He is very anti-American. I did my homework on him in 2008 and knew right away that I could never vote for such a man. He fooled a lot of people at that time. Let's see how many will buy his swill this go around.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 17:55   #80
Resting in Peace

Looks like people living in the States have a poorer opinion of Obama than we do, but after all they have to live with it
Old 29-08-2012, 01:46   #81
God Member

The Republicans, those guys who arranged a National Convention to take place in Florida in hurricane season, sure have some winners in their camp. First we had Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin; and now this clown:

NH Sheriff Candidate Would Use Deadly Force To Stop Abortions CBS Boston

If the Republicans win, I forsee an increase in tourism in Canada.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 05:07   #82
Senior Member+

Haven't heard much this week from all those bible bashing Republicans who argue that natural disasters like earthquakes and hurricanes are a judgement from God and a warning to mankind to change its ways.

Even they must see the irony of the Republican Party Convention being delayed by Hurricane Isaac.

But typical of their narrow minded, selective minds, they choose to keep quiet!

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 05:12   #83
Senior Member+

......and WTF was that speech from Romney's 'er indoors all about?

She had all the sincerity of a barrel of treacle, and bringing MS and Breast Cancer into it was just plain cynical.

Pass the sick bag, Alice!
Old 29-08-2012, 08:13   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
......and WTF was that speech from Romney's 'er indoors all about?

She had all the sincerity of a barrel of treacle, and bringing MS and Breast Cancer into it was just plain cynical.

Pass the sick bag, Alice!
You have to make allowances gynn after all she was reading a script and is was a blond airhead

Last edited by jaysay; 29-08-2012 at 08:16.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:01   #85
Senior Member+

If we think Romney is bad, what about his absoluely appalling running mate, one "Paul Ryan"?

His speech to the Republican Party Convention was full of inaccuracies and downright lies.

He attacked the President for making cuts to the Medicare healthcare programme, but did not say that his own budget plan includes the same savings.

He complained that proposals by a budget commission were not adopted, but did not mention he was on the commission and opposed its report.

He was also accused of misleading his audience over the timing of the closure of a GM plant in his home town of Janesville, Wisconsin,
having failed to note that the plant closed under the previous administration of President George W Bush.

And to confirm that he can't be trusted, he has boasted that he has run a marathon in under three hours. The fact is that his one and only marathon took over four hours.

The man is a compulsive liar and a cheat, probably the ideal person to lead a party that has these sort of people attending iits convention:

GOP Convention Attendees at RNC Ejected For Throwing Nuts At Black CNN Camera Operator and Saying 'This is how we feed animals'' - Speakeasy - WSJ

If they get elected, God help us!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:03   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
If we think Romney is bad, what about his absolutely appalling running mate, one "Paul Ryan"?

His speech to the Republican Party Convention was full of inaccuracies and downright lies.

He attacked the President for making cuts to the Medicare health care programme, but did not say that his own budget plan includes the same savings.

He complained that proposals by a budget commission were not adopted, but did not mention he was on the commission and opposed its report.

He was also accused of misleading his audience over the timing of the closure of a GM plant in his home town of Janesville, Wisconsin,
having failed to note that the plant closed under the previous administration of President George W Bush.

And to confirm that he can't be trusted, he has boasted that he has run a marathon in under three hours. The fact is that his one and only marathon took over four hours.

The man is a compulsive liar and a cheat, probably the ideal person to lead a party that has these sort of people attending iits convention:

GOP Convention Attendees at RNC Ejected For Throwing Nuts At Black CNN Camera Operator and Saying 'This is how we feed animals'' - Speakeasy - WSJ

If they get elected, God help us!
gynn he's a politician nough said
Old 02-09-2012, 10:04   #87

Sounds like politicians behaving normally to me.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:22   #88
God Member

He cheated in order to get the nomination.

Ron Paul Supporters Revolt in Tampa - NYTimes.com

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:42   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
gynn he's a politician nough said
True, jaysay, but no politician I've ever come across has been such a blatant liar!

(sounds like an invitation to give examples of other politicians behaving badly!)
Old 02-09-2012, 10:43   #90
God Member

PS more nasty tricks

Bullets Planted in Luggage of Ron Paul Delegate at 2012 RNC - YouTube!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..