Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2003, 15:50   #1
Caz
God Member

Post Mobile food

Just had a leaflet delivered. Advertising delivery of pizzas, curries, etc. They only do it by delivery, not from a shop. I can't see an address on it anywhere. Not casting aspersions on anyone's business, but I think I would prefer to know where my food is being made. Anybody any opinions?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2003, 17:24   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: Mobile food

Sounds like a good idea.. saves on shop overheads...  However they must have a kitchen somewhere.. Am I right in thinking by law you must have access to inspect ? I guess they kow this and if you ask then they have to give you the address.

Like I say.. on the whole it looks like a good idea..

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 17:37   #3

Seems like a good idea - I think I know how they do it. When I was in russia there was a company called Restaurant Taxi, and basically a few guys took orders then just went to famous restaurants that they had a deal with and delivered to you. They make a slight amount on the food and obviously charge for delivery and they can deliver absolutely any type of food you want.  I am sure that these people are just doing the same, using a few of the establishments in Accy. Although I would like to know where they source their food from before I ordered.
ukbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 17:39   #4
I am Banned

Blimey.. even better plan than I thought...

But most places have there own delivery service nowerdays dont they?

They should ahve a web page and sell online
Old 17-08-2003, 18:11   #5

Now your talking. Online ordering for a curry or kebab, add optional off licence and it's definately a winner.

I think If you had one number to call and could get everything you wanted without having to pay to much extra it would work. How many times have you wanted a curry and the wife a chinese..... (for example)
Old 17-08-2003, 18:13   #6
Caz
God Member

The leaflet I've got says that is phone orders only, so that they can provide an Express Delivery. Which is OK, if as you say Harry, we are entitled to view where the cooking is done, or maybe that only applies to EH though, dunno.

If they are doing as you say, ukbug, I think we should still be able to know what they're sources are, like you said. They could be collecting from an outlet you'd prefer to stay away from anyway.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 17-08-2003, 18:17   #7
I am Banned

I wonder if it is possible to sell Alcahol like that? Hmm sure it is becasue I got sent a case of bitter and cases of wine through the internet at crimbo...

If someones monitoring the website none stop.... You could use ASDA even.. Take order... go order the food.. nip to ASDA for alcahol and back in time for food ready and deliver....

4 pints of lager and a curry please....

Not a bad idea......

cazza... the people ordering will be the ones just in from a night out who want just one last drink or 3 and summat to scran... cant see them bothering where the food comes from  Al;though as we all agree.. they should declare if asked
Old 17-08-2003, 18:22   #8
Caz
God Member

Re booze! Somebody's actually  already doing it!

Had a leaflet somewhere about that too. You have to order a certain amount though, like a case of lager. They'll even bring cigs & crisps if you've ordered the booze. OK for impromptu parties, they deliver after pub hours as well.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 17-08-2003, 18:26   #9
I am Banned

After pub hours?  Hmmm whats the number...seriously ???  Parties that run out of booze is also helpfull for... A handy number to ahve
Old 17-08-2003, 18:38   #10
Caz
God Member

Thought you might say that [smiley=lol.gif]

Ill try and track it down and let you know!!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 17-08-2003, 18:46   #11

C C C C..

Curry, Cider, Cigs, Computer....

MMMmmmm.....
Old 17-08-2003, 18:50   #12

hmmm indeed, come on cazzer wheres that number, i might give them a try right now.
Old 17-08-2003, 18:55   #13
I am Banned

I have a couple of cans of smooth chilling in the fridge from last night.. that and whats left of the wifes white wine should see me through

Gave up smoking about 6 years ago after over 25 years of abuse

Love a curry ... supposed to be watching my wieght (yagh yagh beers fattening) but a curry.. hmmmmmm you lot are killing me
Old 17-08-2003, 20:14   #14

Only way to lose weight Harry is to eat as much as you want......

Just don't swallow it.... ;D
Old 17-08-2003, 20:33   #15
Caz
God Member

Food on the move - 888883, delivery free on orders over £6.00

All Night booze - 720625 Thursday through Sunday Not sure how much you have to order though as I can't find the leaflet.

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..