Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2005, 14:49   #1

Angry Mobile Mast Application In Clayton

Apparently Vodaphone have applied to put a mast up on Clayton St in Clayton Le Moors. This is the street that runs down the side of the motorway onto Atlas St. Not only do we have an O2 mast across the road at the top of Henry St and one near the canal but yet another near local residential housing again.
Enfield Residents Assoc are holding a committee meeting Monday night at 8.00 pm at the Greyhound pub & a petition is being organised by local residents against the proposal. However there are only several days left for objections to be raised so action is needed now! Plans are on view at Scaitcliffe house & objections can be directed to the planning office at the same place. We have won & overturned the tip proposals by people power so lets do the same by saying enough is enough-Clayton is not the countrys dumping ground for all & sundry.
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2005, 16:11   #2
I am Banned

Re: Mobile Mast Application In Clayton

they shouldnt be allowed to put these up in residential areas in my opinion

theres strong evidence that they cause illnesses in some people although the mobile phone companies soon have their people draw it up as inconclusive whenever evidence is found
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 20:01   #3
Resting In Peace

It is a difficult problem to sort out because we all want all singin' all dancin' latest model mobile phones with cameras and internet access and the phone companies are in so much competition with each other that they only see the way forward to be performance, but at what cost. I understand that the effects are minimal if any, from these types of installations but I for one wouldn't be too happy if I had a mast outsude my house. I think if I was in the position that the folks who live in close proximity to the mast I would write to the company concerned and explain my fears and hopefully they would understand my position in the matter and do something about it.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 07:58   #4
Resident Waffler

I wonder how many people in Clayton complain about the poor reception on their mobile phone?

Here where I live the only mobiles which work seem to be O2.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:24   #5

Your reception Will is probably enhanced as the one above our house, on Henry St is O2. Seems I was right about Clayton carrying for the good of the whole area! Until there is an opner believable report as to the full effects of these devices stick em out in the countryside away from mass head of population. Three masts within half a mile cannot be good news. Look how long it has taken for authorities to admit a link between power lines & cancer in kids!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:47   #6
Resident Waffler

How close do they have to be to the area they serve? I know there's an Orange mast almost in a back garden in Baxenden.

I may have confused you a bit there. I don't live in Clayton myself. I'm up Willows Lane and I don't know where our nearest masts are but I know reception is lousy and Busman needs to be reachable on his mobile by his boss at all times and O2 is the only service that works here.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:56   #7
I am Banned

you know what makes me laugh is when people complain about not been able to get a good signal in their homes lol

use the landline
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:03   #8
Resident Waffler

Have you ever considered the possibility that there might be someone trying to reach a visitor to the house with a poor signal, on the visitor's mobile phone, not knowing where they are?When someone needs to be contactable at all times (ie on call with work) it can be a real problem.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:28   #9
Senior Member+

My company supplies my mobile phone and covers the cost of all calls.

That's why I use my mobile phone at home

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..