Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 14:45   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Mohamed cartoons.

Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City. No Muslim outrage.

Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia. A Christian school. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt. No Muslim outrage.

A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India. Kills six. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia. Muslims shoot children in the back. No Muslim outrage.

Let's go way back. Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses. Over 700 are injured. No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder innocent Austrailian vacationers in Bali. No Muslim outrage.

Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons. No Muslim outrage

Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge. No Muslim outrage.

Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed. Muslims are outraged.

Dead children. Dead tourists. Dead teachers. Dead doctors and nurses. Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.

Come on, is this really about cartoons? They're rampaging and burning flags. They're looking for Europeans to kidnap. They're threatening innkeepers and generally raising holy Muslim hell not because of any outrage over a cartoon. They're outraged because it is part of the Islamic jihadist culture to be outraged. You don't really need a reason. You just need an excuse. Wandering around, destroying property, murdering children, firing guns into the air and feigning outrage over the slightest perceived insult is to a jihadist what free speech is to a Brit.

I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims.
When, though, do they become outraged?
When do they take to the streets to express their outrage at the radicals who are making their religion the object of worldwide hatred and ridicule?
Islamic writer Salman Rushdie wrote of these silent Muslims in a New York Times article three years ago. "As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming?"

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2006, 23:17   #32
Give, give, give member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4699847.stm

India, 2005.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:08   #33
Give, give, give member

Were their protests outside Indian Embassies throughout the world last year?

Old 05-02-2006, 13:02   #34
Senior Member+

garinda and willow

that comment ur referring to wasnt mine just to let u know - it was a quote i took from the radio i was listenin to
Old 05-02-2006, 14:24   #35

Bazf you put over your view very well and I would agree 100% with your thoughts .true muslims must be ashamed of the face being put forward by these (so Called muslims ) .I congratulate you on your truthfulness.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 14:33   #36

I found them online.

I find it all very boring. How can one disrespect what does not exist? I also think the people offended are capable of much, much worse things as Batf points out so eloquently.

Last edited by Phylum; 05-02-2006 at 14:40.
Phylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 15:25   #37
white rabbits

i wish we had taken enock powell seriously.
Old 05-02-2006, 15:28   #38

We have been regreting that that great man was not still around. All he warned about has happened.
Old 05-02-2006, 15:33   #39
Give, give, give member

It is all ironic really. This is basically about freedom of speech, with the protesters taking to the streets of Britain with placards inciting death.

Where were they last year, protesting about the Indian that produced an image of Mohamed?

Old 05-02-2006, 15:43   #40
white rabbits

i remember enock saying ,there will be blood on the streets,,,he was ssOO right.:engsmil:
Old 05-02-2006, 18:02   #41
I am Banned

If we didnt have religion would we still have hate??
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 18:04   #42

A lot less for sure. Religion has caused more wars than anything else. All for something that nobody can prove.
Old 05-02-2006, 18:04   #43
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Mohamed cartoons.

Yes but not to the same degree baby_boo.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:31   #44
I am Banned

Thumbs up Re: Mohamed cartoons.

apparently if you question anything about islam you die .... no wonder when you actually take the time to research why .... i dont need to ask any questions because the truth is to be found all over the web ... if only
the british people understood how islam was founded and where it is going
then you might realise your little freedoms and customs are slowly being taken away and beheaded....i was led to beleive jesus was the first AND the last ...And it says in the holy bible that no-one (EVER) should add to it...or take anything away from it ....nevermind write another book 600 years after
the death of christ .....so who is wrong? if they want to go on the rampage
everytime their faith is questioned then it will only make people want to ask
why? my mother in law is 78 tommorrow(mon) and i have always admired her for being more graceful and ladylike than most elder women out there...she has never used expletives and is always diplomatic and tactful .... however when she saw the protesting muslims demanding decapitation and rioting she went absolutely ballistic ....i mean its the first time ive ever heard her speak bad of the deluded ones .... "who the 666 666 do they think they are " she said " why dont they just 666 back where they came from" that says a lot to me about the situation ..... she has the patience of a saint and never ever
bad mouthed anyone before ....quite frankly it was a shock to hear her rant and rave like the protestors on the tv ....but i saw how offended and upset
these people made her and that upset me too .... i think things are going to get much worse...especially in this country .... we as british christians are very tolerant towards their religion...who knock jesus and put their prophet above the son of god ...now by rights it is US who should be taking to the streets and asking what is so special about islam .... the one true god is dissed everyday and so is jesus... more so in vain than disbeleif ... i personally loathe retards who exclaim "oh my *** god" and "jesus***christ" .... it has nothing to do with god but their own tiny ego,s ... but still i do not feel the urge to behead them merely through what was said.. a man (or woman) is judged by their works ...not words...
plus i have to adhere to the rules laid down by my maker ...the first and foremost is "thy shall not kill" so to be frank if there are morons out there who feel the urge to kill because they feel their god is insulted then their religious indoctrinations are fundamentally flawed ... big time.....
here are a few examples of stuff you can find for free on the net ...
but dont go down to your local mosque to get the truth ....your likely to lose
your head! I didnt write these words...and come from factual sources
not speculative conjecture ...so if you feel the need to conjure up ways of
killing me then i pity you because your gonna look pretty bloody stupid on judgement day without YOUR head ....

here are a few bits n bobs.... for more just ask jeeves ...

Why have conservative Muslims largely refused to discuss al-Tabari's account of the "Satanic verses"? The simple reason seems to be that it presents a messy picture of the Prophet as fallible, and a Qur'an capable of being temporarily distorted by his human inclinations to win over his tribe. More importantly, the immense body of Islamic Law is based upon the reports (Hadith) of the Prophet's life and teachings. However, if even the Qur'an, which is held to be pure divine revelation, was subject to the fallibility of the Prophet, then the Hadith are even more so, since they are explicitly his words and not God's. The Qur'anic verses regarding abrogation can in fact be seen as a divine guarantee of the revelation; in spite of the fallibility of the prophet, God ensures the correctness of the Qur'an by replacing incorrect verses. However, there is no such guarantee of abrogation for the Hadith. Conservatives find such questioning of the Hadith and Islamic Law to be unacceptable. So why all the fuss about Rushdie's book? Would al-Tabari himself be eligible for a death sentence if he were alive today, even though in his own time the question never arose? The answer possibly has less to do with al-Tabari and more to do with the injured pride of Ayatollah Khomeini, who proclaimed the death sentence upon Rushdie. Unfortunately, Rushdie's book was banned in most Muslim countries, so most Muslims never got a chance to read his vicious satire of Khomeini as a mullah who literally rides to power seated on the back of the angel Gabriel. If in fact it was simply Khomeini's annoyance at Rushdie's parody that brought on the death sentence, Muslims around the world have been pawns in an unfortunate contest of egos
Both the Bible and the Qur'an agree that God's word cannot change, and certainly must not contradict that which has gone before. Why then do we find all these contradictions? If Muhammad is responsible for receiving these contradictory revelations from God, does it not put suspicion on his veracity as a true prophet? Certainly it does. If God had got the story right through the thousands of generations from Abraham to Jesus, with each successive prophet agreeing with and verifying that which had preceded him, then why all of a sudden did God get it so wrong less then 700 years later with the prophet Muhammad? If a prophet's message goes against previous predictions, he then can no longer qualify as a true prophet. Jesus is the only one who is both infallible during his life, and when conveying divine revelations. There is no recorded evidence in the Bible or the Qur'an of Jesus sinning, both privately or publicly.

According to Sahih Muslim (pg.716) Aisha reported that Muhammad married her when she was seven years old, and she was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, along with her dolls. When Muhammad died she was only eighteen As an outside observer, we find it incredulous that Muhammad is permitted to live outside of the very rules which he has ordained for the believers (i.e. permitted to marry more than four wives, or permitted to marry the wife of his adopted son, or permitted to consummate a marriage to a girl of only NINE).

Do we find any of the other prophets so obviously controlled by sex, or even engaged in this sort of lifestyle? Of course not! We would be appalled if a prophet would allow his carnal desires to so completely control him that he would even use the Word of God to escape from difficult circumstances (such as we noted with Zainab or the incident with Hafsa and Aisha). In Suras 40:55 and Sura 47:19 we find written, "...and ask forgiveness for thy fault..." This seems straightforward, until you read Yusuf Ali's note at the bottom (4428), which explains that due to the prophet's responsibilities he asks forgiveness in a representative capacity. Leaving Yusuf Ali's "eisegesis" aside it seems evident that Muhammad, a weak and sinful man, pales in comparison to Jesus, the sinless and perfect incarnate God Himself.
We are deeply interested in the question of true prophethood. It is and always has been in our best interest to delineate who exactly is a true prophet, for we have been warned to be watchful for false prophets who will come our way (Matthew 24:24).
In light of that we ask whether Muhammad follows the standards by which he has set for himself; and we find him to be wanting. The historical record shows us that he abrogated his call to the Jews when he exiled them from Medina and executed the males of the Kurayza tribe. His claim to be the Seal of the prophets rings hollow in light of his carnal inadequacies, especially in comparison with the other prophets who preceded him. At the onset he received visions via the angel Gabriel in the Hira cave, outside Mecca, when he was 40 years old. Interestingly, it was his Nestorian Christian uncle who first told him that his visions were authoritative. Yet initially there were few people who took him seriously, or believed in him as a prophet. In fact, when he finally fled to Medina 8 years later, in 622 C.E. (known as the Hijra), he had less then 100 followers with him (not even a good-sized church by today's standards). Because of his power-base in Medina and Mecca, Muhammad's authority was in no doubt 1,300 years ago, but it is in doubt today. There are many who are now asking where exactly Muhammad received his authority as a prophet? Previous prophets were authoritative first of all because they belonged to the line of prophets (the Israelite tribe), and secondly, because what they revealed coincided with what had been revealed before; and indeed, continued the same theme, which was: the promise of a Messiah who would come to save the world from sin, and thereby bring God's children back in relationship with Him.
Yet, when we look at the revelations which Muhammad gave the world, we find many contradictions with the scriptures which preceded him. Some of the more common ones you know quite well:
the claim that Ishmael instead of Isaac was the son who was to be sacrificed by Abraham, and the two of them then building the Ka'ba in Mecca
the erroneous burial account of Abel by Cain
the rather humorous account of king Solomon meeting the queen of Sheba by talking to a Hoopoo bird
the miraculous birth of Jesus, which according to the Qur'an took place under a palm tree
and even the story of Jesus speaking as a baby
and later breathing life into birds of clay.
But probably the most damaging contradictions in the Qur'an is its refusal to accept not only the doctrine of the Trinity, but to reject the divinity of Jesus as well as his crucifixion and resurrection. These are absolutely central to the Biblical testimony.
Because so much of that which is important is at a variance with that which came before one has to ask for proof of his authority in making such claims. And this is being done today. It is for this reason that Muslims are attempting to come up with a ready defense .(such as threats of death to anyone who questions the koran) Initially, Muslims held the view that the differences between the Bible and the Qur'an could be blamed on the Jews and Christians, who, they believed, conspired to corrupt their scriptures in order to reject the claims of the prophet of Islam. One must ask how the Jews and Christians would have known what to change considering they would have had to do their work hundreds of years before the arrival of the Qur'an, as we have thousands of manuscripts which predate the Qur'an in our possession today, all of which remain true to the scripture which we hold in our hands today
So why do Muslims continue to cling to the erroneous rendering of this word? Obviously, as we have mentioned before, Yusuf Ali and his friends have a deep desire to find any prediction for the coming of Muhammad in the Taurat and Injil. Not only does the Qur'an mention that the predictions exist, but more damaging for today, without it the sole criteria for Muhammad's authority takes on an invalid circular reasoning, which goes something like this: Muhammad receives his authority from the Qur'an, which receives its authority from Muhammad, who receives his authority from the Qur'an...so on and so forth. There is no outside authority which can provide him with the credibility he needs The evidence for any prediction by Jesus concerning Muhammad just does not exist in the Injil, creating a problem for Muslims who must, therefore, produce some further external criteria for the authenticity of their prophet. It's an unenviable task, one which I wouldn't want to have to do myself.
From there it was only natural to ask whether Muhammad could be understood as the seal of the prophets? In comparing him with Jesus and the former prophets we soon found that he didn't even come close. Not only did he concede his revelations to the people around him, but he had an enormous sexual appetite, while elevating himself almost on par with Allah. And finally, he, himself, realized that he had sinned and needed forgiveness Muhammad's word worked fine in the heady days of the seventh century, where no-one dared counter his claim to prophethood, and where convenient revelations "descended" regularly to give him credibility before his people. But today, outside the realm of Islamic jurisdiction, and on the heels of an invigorated and ongoing literary criticism, the critics demand more proof. Without it the authority for the beliefs of over one billion Muslims then hangs on the single testimony of this one finite man, Muhammad. And many of those beliefs go diametrically against the intrinsic revelations espoused in the scriptures which preceded him, the very scriptures which Muslims must now use to find a prediction for their prophet in order to give him credibility.
Because Muslims do not understand God within these parameters, it is no wonder that they are confused to find that it is Jesus and not Muhammad who is prophesied to carry on the mission of reconciliation, and that it is the Holy Spirit who has been promised to continue that same mission today, right here and right now, until we will all be with Him together for eternity; providing we believe.

the real michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:58   #45
I am Banned

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006060070,00.html

i think these pictures are plain sick.
It scares me as to what the banner that says the "fantastic 4 are on there way" who and what that is seems very threatening and alarm bells tells me i should be worried.
There is also a placard not shown but in the sun newspaper with a muslim man holding it and it says " europe you will pay,your 3/11 is on its way!!!" again alarm bells start to ring.
I must say these people are shamful to their religion.
It sickens me to see a muslim dressed up as a suicide bomber when all the flack started up over a cartoon of a "Prophet" dressed as a suicide bomber. Britain will go mad over these people and alot of discussions will be hot on the topic but yet it wouldnt surprise me if we all get called racists??
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..