Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 19:30   #91

Re: Mohamed cartoons.

Kinda what I want. Get this thing settled, one way or the other.
Phylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2006, 20:03   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylum
Kinda what I want. Get this thing settled, one way or the other.
All these stupid laws our govenment signed up to makes it hard to tackle some of this stuff and these people know it. If it comes down to human rights then mine are being infringed by these people advocating killing as I might be a target.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 20:08   #93

This government stinks. The law stinks too. Sentances stink also. I am beginning to hate living here. Our culture is being eroded by the minute. We must, must start to stick up for ourselves, with or without the government.
Old 08-02-2006, 21:39   #94
God Member

Quote:
This government stinks. The law stinks too. Sentances stink also. I am beginning to hate living here. Our culture is being eroded by the minute. We must, must start to stick up for ourselves, with or without the government.
Lets all pile of to their countries and try the same carry on and see if we get away with it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 08-02-2006, 21:39   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Lets all pile of to their countries and try the same carry on and see if we get away with it.
Hang on can that idea the American military is already doing that.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-02-2006, 14:15   #96
Give, give, give member

The saga continues.

Sixteen were people killed this weekend in Nigeria, following riots protesting against the catoons.

This follows the eleven deaths in Libya, that were sparked by the Italian reforms Minister wearing a t-shirt with one of the cartoons on.

Fifteen deaths after protests against the cartoons of Mohamed in Borneo.

Who said the pen was mightier than the sword?

An interesting side note was that according to a survey of British Muslims in the Sunday Telegraph, forty percent of those questioned, want Sharia law imposed into parts of Britain which have a Muslim majority. Expect to be stoned if you've ever committed adultry in parts of the country soon.

Happily according to the same survey 91% felt some loyalty to Britain, and only 1% actually backed the London bombings last July. Mind you, one percent of the one million British Muslims is still 10,000.

Last edited by garinda; 19-02-2006 at 16:00.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 16:26   #97

Everyone should wear one of those T-shirts! Where can I get one? And pass me a crucifix.
Old 19-02-2006, 16:32   #98
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Mohamed cartoons.

Roy – I accept that you have to do what you think is best for this forum and its members but don’t you see by removing that picture you are bowing to the bully. “Offend me and I will bash you”

The Muslims have got us on the run and people are fearful of speaking up in case there will be violent repercussions.

Sooner or later we are going to have to make a stand or go under. Now is as good a time as any.
Old 19-02-2006, 16:36   #99
Roy
Administrator

Fair enough, you go and publish the pictures on a website that has your name and address tied to it... Not a risk I am willing to take for me and my family thank you very much!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 17:15   #100
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
By phlegm:Everyone should wear one of those T-shirts! Where can I get one? And pass me a crucifix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty

Sooner or later we are going to have to make a stand or go under. Now is as good a time as any.
Tsk, Tsk, it seems the Muslims are not the only ones that have their violent minority, if you two go to fight in the name of Christ, (do you remember him that guy that suggested turning the other cheek!).

We can have our own 21st century crusades, may I suggest that you start by having your very own Crystal Nacht? You can start off with the shops along Blackburn Road, but please don't be too selective there you shouldn't ignore the Chinese in their chippies they have been getting along far too peacefully in my opinion! I'll be behind you on this one, waaaaay behind and trying to get on with my next door neighbours both Muslim and Christian.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 17:24   #101

Quote:
We can have our own 21st century crusades, may I suggest that you start by having your very own Crystal Nacht? You can start off with the shops along Blackburn Road, but please don't be too selective there you shouldn't ignore the Chinese in their chippies they have been getting along far too peacefully in my opinion! I'll be behind you on this one, waaaaay behind and trying to get on with my next door neighbours both Muslim and Christian.
I hope any jews among us are suitably offended by this remark from BrainLess.
Old 19-02-2006, 17:29   #102
Apprentice Geriatric

I couldn’t agree with your more Less – we should and do get on with our neighbours whatever their creed.

But if were to become a guest in your house to stay how would you feel if I slowly started to take over everything until such times that you felt your own house wasn’t yours any more? I’m sure that you would show me the door pretty damn quick before we reached that point. I would in your place.

BTW the Chinese are not Muslims and in any case they integrated into our society quite well.

In 20 years time, when the works canteen or coffee bars and restaurants were not allowed to serve meals during the day during Ramadan and all pubs had been closed and your weekend was changed from Sat and Sun to Fri and Sat, you might begin to wonder how it all happened. By then it will be too late.
Old 19-02-2006, 17:35   #103
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty

BTW the Chinese are not Muslims and in any case they integrated into our society quite well.
I know the Chinese are not muslims, but if you want the streets running with blood I don't see why you should ignore them, their blood is just as red as everyone elses. The advantage of brainless violence is you can always attack the weak and innocent as well as your main target.

Last edited by Less; 19-02-2006 at 18:47.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 18:36   #104

Quote:
I know the Chinese are not mulims, but if you want the streets running with blood I don't see why you should ignore them, their blood is just as red as everyone elses. The advantage of brainless violence is you can always attack the weak and innocent as well as your main target.
Nobody wants the streets to run with blood, anybody's. But, I personally want to be able to wear a T-shirt with any image I choose on the front (with some obvious taboo's), I want to wear a crucifix if I so choose, I want to fly my country's flag. All of which, in one way or another have been banned in area's of this Christian land. Even Christmas is at risk!

Last edited by Phylum; 19-02-2006 at 20:28.
Old 20-02-2006, 02:25   #105
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Nobody wants the streets to run with blood, anybody's. But, I personally want to be able to wear a T-shirt with any image I choose on the front (with some obvious taboo's), I want to wear a crucifix if I so choose, I want to fly my country's flag. All of which, in one way or another have been banned in area's of this Christian land. Even Christmas is at risk!

What taboos?

Surely if we are to have free speech, and show scant regard to anyones beliefs, there should be nothing that can't be seen?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..