Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 18:35   #16
God Member

Re: Moorhead = Accrington Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romps View Post

wow that looks wicked Romps, so is it definately going to become a sixth form too?
Old 04-04-2008, 18:37   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
wow that looks wicked Romps, so is it definately going to become a sixth form too?
Yeah September 2009

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 18:57   #18
Senior Member+

Yeah in 2009, all year the surveyors, how been checking the grounds out for a sutible site. Wish they could make it for september then i might go, then again i think i will miss it . Got my places sorted fingers crossed.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 16:25   #19
Junior Member+

whats your sons name? ill keep an eye out for him x
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.
rishtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 19:31   #20

Smile Re: Moorhead = Accrington Academy

I go accrington Academy, it's quite good, although i prefer moorhead because it is not as strict, hehe, but i suppose they have to be strict to make sure that everything goes right!! accington academy is actually amazin school, ACCY ACADEMY RULES!!!!!
loubii-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 19:33   #21

Also there has been rumors going round that they are trialing some pupils with laptops to see if there grades are better and if they are then everyone gets one, not definate but a rumour
loubii-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 19:35   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I wonder why Moorhead have been permitted to have a sixth form when not too long ago, St Christopher's revealed plans to open a sixth form and there was a lot of opposition and it didn't happen?
Why is there an opposition to a sixth form?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 19:43   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
No Cresh
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 20:28   #24
God Member

Quote:
The reasons given by those who were against St Christopher's opening a 6th form were that by offering such a facility in Hyndburn (something we did not have) we would take students away from Blackburn College and St Mary's college, Blackburn.

This would mean that these two colleges may not fill some courses and therefore possibly not be able to run them.

Why this should be taken into consideration I don't know. I would rather my children were able to study A levels in Hyndburn than have to travel to Blackburn.

For some reason Moorhead (Accrington Academy) was not met with the same opposition.

Why, I don't know.
Old 09-10-2008, 21:44   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
For some reason Moorhead (Accrington Academy) was not met with the same opposition.

Why, I don't know.
Don't forget the change on leaving age. Our kids have to stay in education now until they are 18. If Accrington does not provide several 6th form facilities where will all our children go at 16?

Why Moorhead would get it anyway is another mystery.
Old 10-10-2008, 19:49   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
No Cresh
What is a "Cresh"
Old 10-10-2008, 19:52   #27
God Member

Quote:
The reasons given by those who were against St Christopher's opening a 6th form were that by offering such a facility in Hyndburn (something we did not have) we would take students away from Blackburn College and St Mary's college, Blackburn.

This would mean that these two colleges may not fill some courses and therefore possibly not be able to run them.

Why this should be taken into consideration I don't know. I would rather my children were able to study A levels in Hyndburn than have to travel to Blackburn.

Why, I don't know.
Thanx ... that clarifies it some.
Old 10-10-2008, 19:55   #28
God Member

I personally think Sixth Forms at school are a bad idea as they take away pupils from the local colleges, which then lose money and have to start cutting back on expenditures in other government funded courses which aren't as popular but integrate other types of student into the education system such as mature learners and part time learners such a young mums.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 20:27   #29
Caz
God Member

From what I can gather, Accy college is mainly vocational anyway. You can do degrees there I know. But they stopped doing A levels in most subjects while I was there a few years ago. (I stand to be corrected as I know things change quickly lol!)

Don't think it matters whether it's Accy Ross or Moorhead as long as they have the opportunity to do it in Hyndburn.
My 2 couldn't study A levels in Accy and had no choice but to go to Blackburn...and they chose St Mary's as opposed to Blackburn college, as the better option.

Given the choice they would have preferred to stay local and go straight on from year 11 and study there.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 20:29   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
What is a "Cresh"
Sorry Eric spelled it wrong (creche)
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..