Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2008, 20:10   #16
God Member

Re: More Ads on TV.

I watch tv .... usually in winter, in the middle of a blizzard .... but it seems to me that many of the shows I watch are worse than the ads.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2008, 09:52   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I watch tv .... usually in winter, in the middle of a blizzard .... but it seems to me that many of the shows I watch are worse than the ads.
Well in this country we just can't win Eric, if they come up with a decent ad, some puritanical do gooder complains and they take the bloody thing off, myself I've always had an answer to things I don't like its called the off button
Old 26-07-2008, 14:48   #18
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: More Ads on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
A new Scheme governing TV advertising comes into force on Sept 1st, under the old rules there had to be 20 minutes between ads, thats why a program which has only been on for a few minutes goes to an ad break, sometimes before the titles have finish. In new rules anounced by Ofcom, there can be adverts every 30 minutes in films instead of 45 minutes, and restrictions will also be scraped during curret affairs shows and programs about religion. Thank God for Sky+
It seems to me that someone has jumped the gun because the Freeview digital channels will have four or five lots of adverts in an hour and it’s been like this for ages. And the same old boring ones to boot.
Old 26-07-2008, 14:51   #19
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: More Ads on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoman View Post
Dont forget in theory adverts subsidise the cost of the programmes etc.
Yes and we who buy the product subsidise the advert. So we are in fact paying for the programme twice. Well you really because I won't subscribe to pay to view TV.
Old 26-07-2008, 15:17   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
It seems to me that someone has jumped the gun because the Freeview digital channels will have four or five lots of adverts in an hour and it’s been like this for ages. And the same old boring ones to boot.
which channels are those JB. I sometimes go onto freeview and can't say I've notied
Old 26-07-2008, 15:29   #21
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: More Ads on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
which channels are those JB. I sometimes go onto freeview and can't say I've notied
Star Trek on Virgin 1 is notorious for adverts.

The prog credits come on then some ads, then about every 12 minutes or so more adverts.

Other commercial channels have a similar pattern but not quite so advert orientated.
Old 26-07-2008, 16:55   #22
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

Most american programmes are notorious for ad breaks. I think thats wgy star trek is like that. A lot get edited for uk viewing to stich them back together
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..