Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2008, 17:53   #16
Senior Member+

Re: More demands from Islam

thing is when i'm bored or burnin time i just surf about 10 sites at once clicking links jumpin from one site to another - i'm hovering thru my history to see if i can find it
Old 10-03-2008, 18:04   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC View Post
I don't think that was what he was calling you
Maybe not but if that cap fits
Old 10-03-2008, 19:16   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ok,its comedy, but what the guy says (whoever wrote it) is relavant to things, its a pity Politictions dont take on board what these guys say,also the P.C. brigade, cos i reckon many British Voters agree with the gist of it. cos integration would be a damn site easier if they did, its the Multi-Culturalists that have ballsed things up,cos its back fired n bit their asses.
Old 10-03-2008, 19:29   #19
Give, give, give member

Sadly a lot, though not all, abuses of human rights occur in countries that are primarily run by Muslim clerics.

Check out the current human rights violations of countries like Saudia Arabia, Pakistan, and Egypt, on Amnesty International's website.

Amnesty International

It really is quite ironic that when Muslims argue the case that they don't have the right to freely practice their religion in the West, they will be safe in the knowledge that their security will be guaranteed whilst they do it, and is funded by the very people they claim don't allow them to follow Islam here.

If I really felt I was unable to follow my beliefs, I'd move to somewhere that allowed me that choice.

Strangely many of those who claim to despise the decadent West, also seem keen on staying on here. Strange that.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 19:33   #20
Give, give, give member

By the way, I don't consider myself anti-Islamic. I know many gentle, liberal, Muslims.

I would say I'm anti-religion, when the name of that religion is used to supress people's human, and civil, rights.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 19:41   #21

Finally someone that expresses what we all feel!!

Did you know, though, that some GP's can refuse to advise patients regarding abortions (even just to discuss the options)? Yes a very sensitive subject, but these are not even Islamic GP Practices, these are Church of England based practioners.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 19:50   #22
Beacon of light

These GPs will however, refer you to someone who will deal with a request to discuss such issues. GPs who have strong religious beliefs are allowed to invoke the 'conscience'clause.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 19:55   #23

I enjoyed listening to what the man had to say, will view some of his other rants sometime
Old 10-03-2008, 23:43   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
remember a guy approx 20yrs using free speech, he had to go into hiding, summat about a fatwa.
That's so weird you'd say that, I'm reading The Satanic Verses right now. So far nothing explicitly anti-Islam (apart from a Muslim eating ham but it wasn't an up-yours to Islam, just the guy losing his religion), but I won't comment as to whether he was excessively arrogant until I've finished it. So far it's really...metamorphic. Rushdie writes really well, some excellent characterisation, some of the deepest I've ever read.
Rosencrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 00:00   #25
Senior Member+

it wasnt that the book was anti-islamic - its about the flashback/dream sequences that was the large bone of contention - and depicting the prophets wives as prostitutes
Old 11-03-2008, 00:16   #26

I'm less than 100 pages in, so I'm still in the first chapter. It's certainly an interesting read.
Rosencrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:24   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
I'm less than 100 pages in, so I'm still in the first chapter. It's certainly an interesting read.
suggest after finishing that you try 'an Islamic Journey" and other books by V S Niapaul ,
have never been able to take to Rushdie, for some reason he allways reminds me in interviews of Uriah Heep (the character from David Copperfield , not the rock group)
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:35   #28

That made me smile Steely
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:38   #29
JFT96

I hated the bloody book, never got that far into it, that and spy catcher both were really boring to me. Oh well back to the beano then

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:50   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I hated the bloody book, never got that far into it, that and spy catcher both were really boring to me. Oh well back to the beano then
Even with all the hype the book got I was never tempted to read it or Spy Catcher either Boeing, just like yourself, sooner have a James Herbert or Dean Koontz myself

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..