Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 08:57   #31
Senior Member+

Re: More demands from Islam

omg i sooo agree with this bloke.
Im not against the people, im against their religion
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2008, 09:53   #32
Beacon of light

Yolanda, you can't be against one without being against the other......Muslims ARE their religion...they live it every day and are ruled by its dogmas.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:59   #33
Senior Member+

im sorry margaret but i dont agree with you, is the same about people who are jehovas witnesses or simply catholic, i dont agree with it but i get on with the people
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:06   #34
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yolanda, you can't be against one without being against the other......Muslims ARE their religion...they live it every day and are ruled by its dogmas.

I'm sorry, I disagree with you too.

Islam is as wide a religion as Christianity is, for instance.

There are geltle Christians, who spend their lives helping others, and there are those who bomb and kill those who work in abortion clinics, for example.

In my experience there is as wide a spread of followers in Islam.

Saying that, I think all religion is a load of mumbo jumbo, and it creates more problems that it solves.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:27   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm sorry, I disagree with you too.

Islam is as wide a religion as Christianity is, for instance.

There are geltle Christians, who spend their lives helping others, and there are those who bomb and kill those who work in abortion clinics, for example.

In my experience there is as wide a spread of followers in Islam.

Saying that, I think all religion is a load of mumbo jumbo, and it creates more problems that it solves.
I see your point Rindi, but I think that followers of Islam, are far more dedicated than your average, say, chatholic or christian overall. I'm a chatholic, but it doesn't rule the way I live my life and never has, I think about religion on a Sunday, due to my health I don't attend mass on Sundays these days, but some one does comes from church every Sunday morning, which I suppose keeps me focussed on my faith.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:59   #36
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I see your point Rindi, but I think that followers of Islam, are far more dedicated than your average, say, chatholic or christian overall. I'm a chatholic, but it doesn't rule the way I live my life and never has, I think about religion on a Sunday, due to my health I don't attend mass on Sundays these days, but some one does comes from church every Sunday morning, which I suppose keeps me focussed on my faith.
There are moderate Muslims though, not everyone supports a holy war against the infedels.

I do think the moderate Muslims should be doing much more to allay people's fears about extremism, and they have let themselves down by not being more vocal in their condemnations.

As stated earlier, personally I think the crutch that is religion, has a lot to answer for.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..