Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2004, 15:56   #1

More Hurricane fun

Well, it looks as if Frances is going to slam straight into St. Augustine according to the storm trackers. I sure hope they're wrong. The damn thing needs to be heading out into the Atlantic rather than deciding to pay me a visit.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2004, 17:01   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: More Hurricane fun

When is Frances expected to 'drop by' John??

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 18:21   #3
Member.

It's named after a lady John that makes her "female" if she wants you there’s no escape. Same as last time John keep your head down mate and I’m sure we all wish you well

God lad you must have some b**l’s to live in such an active area, you’ve got my respect. A couple of questions:

How many do you get a year?
How far you from Polk City airfield?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 18:58   #4
Resident Waffler

Hope you come safely through this one too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 19:26   #5
God Member

Ooo-er ere we go again. Batten them hatches down good and tight pal.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:56   #6

Frances could be dropping in for a cuppa on Saturday night/Sunday Morning Lettie.

One of the payments one has to make for living in a place that has over 300 days of sunshine every year I suppose Doug, there are usually 12-18 or so named storms I suppose and around 4-6 of them become serious hurricanes. Florida gets hit more than any other state but, happily, not always with a high category hurricane. This area I live in hasn't been seriously hit since 1964 when Dora came knocking. I think Polk City Airfield is down around the Tampa area isn't it? That would be.somewhere near Bazf. I would think I am over 250 miles N.E. of it.

I have included the latest storm track. It looks now to be going slightly to the west of us which is not good because the strongest winds and most tornados are on the S.E. side of the hurricane. This track can always change up to 200-300 miles over the next 4 days though, hopefully it will give us a miss.

JohnW

Last edited by JohnW; 01-09-2004 at 16:08.
Old 01-09-2004, 15:29   #7
Senior Member+

Hi JW, your right polk airfield is near to us and got a hammering in the storm, looks like your in for the big one, my mother inlaw lives in Vero Beach and is loading up to leave. After seeing the devistation of Charley I would not recommend to anyone to stay put through it. I hope you stay safe and it does what Charley did to Tampa miss by 100 miles.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 20:42   #8

Hope you guys and your families stay safe over there. Good luck and stay safe.

Take care.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 20:55   #9
Senior Member+

Thanks Sara its not due in our area (gulf of Mexico) until about 2am on sunday morning and then the winds should only be about 70mph but we should get lots of rain they estimate about 12ins ( if a man did the estimates then it should be about 6ins ) (Hurricane humor.) I will try and get more photos if I can.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 20:57   #10

Can quite understand what you mean about 12inch could turn out to be 6inch. Anyway once again take care.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 20:57   #11
Member.

Good on you Baz, Love the humor. Again stay safe.............

Sure one of us could show you sara...........
Old 03-09-2004, 21:37   #12
Senior Member+

Yeh take care people out there........
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:25   #13

Well, we came through pretty well unscathed although we have had no power at the house since Sunday afternoon. We had a house full of friends from the more southern parts of the state. They rolled up on Friday evening and went back home on Monday morning. From what we have heard, their dwellings were OK with the only damage being non-structural. Anyone heard from Bazf?

JohnW
Old 07-09-2004, 10:55   #14
Member.

Nothing yet John, Glad your back with us mate.
Old 07-09-2004, 13:15   #15
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Glad you're safe John W. Haven't heard from Bazf yet though..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..