Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 22:40   #1

More Scum

I have just seen on the news that a cenotaph, recording the names of those that have fallen in battle, giving their lives that we may live in freedom, has been defaced with swastikas. What sort of low life have we in this country, that could carry out such an appalling act. I am one of those who served in her majesties forces, and am here to tell the tale, but I have friends who did not come back. I only pray that the scum who carried out this disgusting act are swiftly caught, and made to pay for it.
Old 11-11-2006, 22:44   #2
God Member

Re: More Scum

BBC NEWS | England | Southern Counties | Nazi graffiti daubed on memorial

Theres the link for it TC. I cant believe it either especially at this time of year. They said on the news that it appeared this morning. If the people who fought in the war hadnt given their lives what would the world be like if Hitler had won?
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 23:13   #3
white rabbits

In a word " DISGUSTING.."
Old 11-11-2006, 23:19   #4
God Member

i WILL SECOND THAT GRANNY..
Its the low life scum bags that do such things tha get away with a slapped wrist if they are caught... bl***y wrong ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 23:20   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its a sad indictment of the society today T.C. and whats really sad is its not surprising.
Old 11-11-2006, 23:32   #6
God Member

the little bleeps.... replace bleeps with any word you care for Don't know what else to say it makes my blood boil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:06   #7
Len
God Member

No need for words, as it speaks for it's self.... sad.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:58   #8

I see this morning the News of the World is offering £1000-00 reward to bring the perpetraters to justice! What will be the punishment? A bit of a hullaballoo, a smack on the wrist, and a go away and don't do that again. They should be handed to the lads who have just come back from Iraq.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:07   #9
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Or to the families of the lads that didn't come back.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:08   #10

Dead right Mitzy.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:13   #11
Resting in Peace

They should be made to go round and clean all the cenotaph's in that area as well.
I really cant see what they get out of doing a thing like this
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:15   #12
Resident Waffler

What goes on in ther heads? Somehow there's a need to get through to the people who would do this sort of thing. Punishment probably wouldn't work. They'd only end up resenting those who punish them and do some more damage in reprisal. They need to be made to see what people suffered at the hands of nazis and see if that can get through to them somehow. How would they like to have been in Auchswitz or Belsen, had all their family killed and be the only survivor with terrible physical and emotional scars?

No, come to think of it, it's probably impossible to get through to the sort of mindless idiots who do things like this. I hope they are caught.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:43   #13
God Member

It makes me sick acts of what to me is a form of desecration!!! What is wrong with these people that think it is clever to commit such a heinous act against the memory of those who paid the ultimate price for the freedoms we take for granted today. When they are caaught I hope the courts sow them no mercy or leniency and throw the full wieght of the law and maximum sentance at these useless pieces of detritous that are palaguing our society. Its a pity they cant be sen to Iraq or Afganistan to get a real life insight into what a soldier goes through to provide freedoms for others!!!!!!!!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:49   #14

SPUGGIE.............
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:50   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
It makes me sick acts of what to me is a form of desecration!!! What is wrong with these people that think it is clever to commit such a heinous act against the memory of those who paid the ultimate price for the freedoms we take for granted today. When they are caaught I hope the courts sow them no mercy or leniency and throw the full wieght of the law and maximum sentance at these useless pieces of detritous that are palaguing our society. Its a pity they cant be sen to Iraq or Afganistan to get a real life insight into what a soldier goes through to provide freedoms for others!!!!!!!!!
Here Here, the yobbo's of today haven't an ounce of bravery cos then least they'd give themselves up, i think whoever done it should be facing our firing squad & see how brave they really are - bunch of flipping weaklins!! My grandfather served in WW2 & my great grandfather WW1 i have the hugest respect for those that represent our country fighting to protect & the freedoms we have today, that the waste of spaces of this country abuse!! makes me sick!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..