Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2006, 14:07   #1
Senior Member+

More than 12m adults and one million children will be obese by 2010

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5282446.stm

Wow who ate all the pies?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2006, 14:20   #2

Re: More than 12m adults and one million children will be obese by 2010

Blame it all on the parents like people usually do
Lea
x
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 14:24   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploppysirploppy
Blame it all on the parents like people usually do
Lea
x
well most of the time it is the parents fault unless of course a parent is ruled by their children and cant say no when asked to go mcdonalds
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 14:31   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
well most of the time it is the parents fault unless of course a parent is ruled by their children and cant say no when asked to go mcdonalds
LOL as funny as that sounds its surprisingly true in some cases, whereas i rule in mine hehehehehe so any take away/fast food is a rare treat now & again, be boring eating that sh*te all the time & chewing cardboard is more filling

Its important that children learn the word no now & again otherwise they'd turn out like BB's Nicki ...............
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 14:34   #5
I am Banned

Has anyone watched that 'honey we are killing the kids' on bb3 based on what your kids will look like when they are 40 years old if they're lifestyle continues as it is......scary how they can do that
Old 25-08-2006, 14:34   #6
Senior Member+

One in four children in households where both parents are obese is obese themselves, compared to one in 20 in households where both parents are a healthy weight.

In households where one parent is obese one in eight children is also dangerously overweight.
The report warns that, based on current trends, 33% of men and 28% of women will be obese by 2010.
The government says it is the "most accurate estimate so far" of future obesity rates.
The data is published just days after a "minister for fitness" was appointed. Caroline Flint will be working across all government departments to develop a new fitness strategy for England.
These are amazing figures but what about going to a gym or taking a bike instead of the car.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 14:38   #7
I am Banned

Oh well im in the right weight {BMI Index** category as seems my daughter however my son is under weight - not cos im starving him he just wont blaming eat much & is very active

Though we dont have a car - so its walk & public transport > chasing them keeps ya fit we dont have the funds to eat out - hence rare, altho its not meat n veg dinners all the time but do balance meals & fruit snacks. The kids play out & do after school clubs sports, so suppose thats the reason why.

I think kids inherit a habit, if transported everywhere via car all the time they are not used to walking, mmm even winge about it!! Its all balance of a range of foods but not too much, exercise & motivation to do something & taking mind off comfort eating all the time....easy said than done for most.

Last edited by accymel; 25-08-2006 at 14:45.
Old 25-08-2006, 14:50   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Wow who ate all the pies?
WOW! Looks like it must be us English ... that's if your 'ever so slightly rotund' fellow American country men leave any for us Bazf.
Old 25-08-2006, 14:52   #9
I am Banned

Hehehehehe Tinks now theres a point - the Americans started it & brought it here
Old 25-08-2006, 15:11   #10
God Member

I've just been looking at that bmi chart thingy! It says I'm under weight, I'm 5ft and weigh 7 stone, I think I look in proportion ..... It says ideal weight for my height is 9 stone I'd look like a little barrel at the weight!!!
Old 25-08-2006, 15:28   #11
I am Banned

LOL tinks, thing though its not as simple as just height versus weight, theres your bone structure [build] to take into consideration, you are a small build so 9st would be a bit much on your frame. Im a meduim build so if i lost a st in weight than i am, & have done its makes me look anorexic cos all my bones would poke through even though i would not be anorexic or severely underweight but i'd look it - not nice, in fact no wonder i was ill a lot, now i know im healthier for a bit of padding So i think if you look in proportion & can see your feet without bending over then thats fine you know yourself if you aint right unless you have unrealistic psychological views of your body.
Old 25-08-2006, 15:30   #12

Well according to the bmi chart i need to put on 1 &1/2 stone. No chance of that it's taken me 10 years to put on 7lb's. I'll just have to accept i'm never going to be the 'perfect' weight for my height.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 15:33   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
unless you have unrealistic psychological views of your body.
I always think my bum looks big ..... does that count?
Old 25-08-2006, 15:43   #14
I am Banned

LOL Debbie i was like that i've only just got to my ideal weight & its took a long time to get there, i think a lot of it has been when i stopped worrying about it & accepted myself also lack of high stress then gradually im back to normal lol.

When i was a teen i was overweight & couldnt lose it - gave up accepted that but due to stresses at the time it gradually disappeared, didnt realise i had lost so much till i got chucked out on my ear with only clothes on my back, that tinks gave me what she thought were big jeans @ size 10, i thought a long shot but they fit so i'd gone down from a 16 - a 10 within months & lost just over 2 stone & ever since then hovvered at size 12 till my marraige breakdown & stesses of that i went down to my lowest of 8st - l fit in the skinny clothes i dreamed of but i looked & felt ill & been a battle to put it on 7 years in fact, to up by 1 1/2 st to get to my proper weight for height & build now know im supposed to be a size 14 & look & feel healthier for it, now hope i dont lose any nor put any on im happy as i am Though im not checking nor need the scales here i get mot'd at the docs once a year & they are quite surprised to find someone with right the BMI.

Last edited by accymel; 25-08-2006 at 15:46.
Old 25-08-2006, 15:47   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I always think my bum looks big ..... does that count?
PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats just normal femalism

Men hate that Q cos they never get the right answer - even silence or avoidance dont cut it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..