Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2011, 17:12   #1
Senior Member+

Morrisons new store in Accrington

Well, I have just looked in the "search engine" and cant find owt about the new store on Accyweb, so here goes.

The old NETTO store near Home Bargains is to become a Morrisons. Think most of us knew this, but its now got the opening date on view - MONDAY 6th June, 2011.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-05-2011, 17:17   #2
God Member

Re: Morrisons new store in Accrington

I mentioned this a few months back, i think it will be a great move for Morrisons, i live near Tesco in Blackburn but i don't like the place, i always get the bus to town and go to Morrisons, i think they should have built a big one of those instead of the crappy Tesco that the built
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 17:18   #3
God Member

good

Morrison's chicken meat doesn't look like it died from drug abuse for starters like asdas does so it will be good to have better quality food closer to home

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 17:31   #4
Full Member+

Don't know how true it is, but I have heard on the grapvine (rumour mill) that the failing carpet place next door to the current Netto store is to close, enabling the two buildings to combine and form a foyer/ entrance into the new Morrisons Store. Sounds like a good idea to me if the rumour is correct.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 17:41   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Don't know how true it is, but I have heard on the grapvine (rumour mill) that the failing carpet place next door to the current Netto store is to close, enabling the two buildings to combine and form a foyer/ entrance into the new Morrisons Store. Sounds like a good idea to me if the rumour is correct.
That could be right because i spoke to one of the netto staff a few weeks ago and he told me that the morrisons store would have a deli and hot food outlet chickens etc so i dont think the store as it is would be big enough ,for all that and everything else as well.
Old 17-05-2011, 21:46   #6

Lynn likes the Morrisons at Ramsbottom and I think Burnley are getting one as well
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 23:06   #7
Resting in Peace

It did seem to get mixed up with the Tesco thread, Atarah.

Mentioned on this thread that they had applied for signage (granted), and can see the site plans, as they stand at the moment. Thanks for letting us know re. opening date:

Application No:11/11/0134Registration Date:06 Apr 2011Location:EASTGATE RETAIL PARK EASTGATE ACCRINGTON BB5 6PWDevelopment:Advertisement application: Display of 2 No illuminated signs for Morrisons

Case File
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 18:25   #8

aslo morrison looking to have one ossy.aslo the area manger moan about weigt of cake
and do not open small induve crisp box if you can not reach and he dose not like staff have to tell him personly when come or cacth at it i work there
new accy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 17:07   #9
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Oooh im gonna be spoilt for choice!, but if its out like Tesco, i will probably go back to Asda
Old 20-05-2011, 17:13   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by new accy View Post
aslo morrison looking to have one ossy.aslo the area manger moan about weigt of cake
and do not open small induve crisp box if you can not reach and he dose not like staff have to tell him personly when come or cacth at it i work there
Could some one translate this into English for me please. Im into Lanky and Double Dutch, but this one has me beat.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 18:59   #11
Resting in Peace

I wonder how many of these stores we need.... what's missing Sainsbury's and Booths... at the end of the day we only have so much to spend on food... so how do they make a do....
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:32   #12
Bee
I am Banned

Its not going to be Morrisons checked today..it's a church store called
THE ACCRINGTON CHURCH STORE

Last edited by Bee; 04-06-2011 at 11:41.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:42   #13
Bee
I am Banned

THE ACCRINGTON CHURCH STORE
Opens on 25 July 2011
Old 04-06-2011, 11:44   #14
Bee
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Well, I have just looked in the "search engine" and cant find owt about the new store on Accyweb, so here goes.

The old NETTO store near Home Bargains is to become a Morrisons. Think most of us knew this, but its now got the opening date on view - MONDAY 6th June, 2011.
No it isn't.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:46   #15
God Member

It is going to be morrisons, it was advertised in this weeks observer
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..