Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2009, 21:40   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Most depressing street

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Cheers for that Kate,it doesn't reach as far up as where I am but anything that makes Water street and Park St, (lower end) look better has my vote!
Yeh .. like Bernard said was in the Peel Ward .. but not aimed politically at all the Peel Ward if you understand, only the areas which needed priority attention.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2009, 21:41   #62
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
LOL .. must have been a rotten day then.
He's smiling because of the great weekend he's got lined up...a home win at Stanley tomorrow, then a bit of multicultural mixing in Oakhill Park on Sunday.
Old 14-08-2009, 21:47   #63
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
He's smiling because of the great weekend he's got lined up...a home win at Stanley tomorrow, then a bit of multicultural mixing in Oakhill Park on Sunday.
Don't forget Liverpool v Spurs 4pm Sunday

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 21:52   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Well, Wynonie ... if he would honour us with his presence at the Accyweb meet tomorrow night .. would be a 'weekend from heaven' for him.

Last edited by Mick; 28-12-2014 at 21:18.
Old 15-08-2009, 08:48   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Don't forget Liverpool v Spurs 4pm Sunday
That might just be the blackspot of the weekend Bagpuss wasn't Spurs one of only two teams to beat Liverpool last season
Old 15-08-2009, 11:50   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yeh .. like Bernard said was in the Peel Ward .. but not aimed politically at all the Peel Ward if you understand, only the areas which needed priority attention.
Anyone who knows Peel ward like you do, know that these are the areas that are in the greatest decline.

You're becoming bit cynical. Apparently it can at times be a trait of people who live south of the Load of Mischief in Clayton.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 11:50   #67
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That might just be the blackspot of the weekend Bagpuss wasn't Spurs one of only two teams to beat Liverpool last season
I think we all know where the blackspot will be this weekend, don't we Gayle?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 15-08-2009, 12:00   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Anyone who knows Peel ward like you do, know that these are the areas that are in the greatest decline.

You're becoming bit cynical. Apparently it can at times be a trait of people who live south of the Load of Mischief in Clayton.
Sorry Bernard .. don't understand the 'cynical' bit ... I am not commenting at all on the plans, just trying to explain did not cover Peel Park as a ward (which some people may be confused with) ... just an area of Peel Park which requires the most attention ...
Old 15-08-2009, 12:08   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sorry Bernard .. don't understand the 'cynical' bit ... I am not commenting at all on the plans, just trying to explain did not cover Peel Park as a ward (which some people may be confused with) ... just an area of Peel Park which requires the most attention ...
Apologies Kate, My comment wasn't meant seriously. Just my poor attempt at humour. You're right about the plans for the ward. It's an attempt to deal with the worst areas.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 12:29   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Apologies Kate, My comment wasn't meant seriously. Just my poor attempt at humour. You're right about the plans for the ward. It's an attempt to deal with the worst areas.
Stick to the day job then ...

All a matter of money isn't it ? .... that's why can only deal with one area at a time, before anyone asks.
Old 15-08-2009, 21:47   #71
Senior Member+

As long as that "area" covers the bottom quarter of Water St it will be an improvement...
Old 15-08-2009, 23:51   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
As long as that "area" covers the bottom quarter of Water St it will be an improvement...
Demolition would be the best improvement fer that bit.
Old 16-08-2009, 16:30   #73

Iv lived in Hudson St, Royds St, Rothwell Ave and Hopwood St before moving to Ossy. I doubt I could live any them streets ever again. But the neighbourhoods was ok, just the houses and areas run down.
jac68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 17:07   #74
Accy Red

Quote:
Look on here Lindsay ... Seemingly Chris Taylor at HBC is a really top guy who knows his stuff, and would not be averse to speaking direct about this scheme to any of the residents.

East Accrington Masterplan/Supplementary Planning Document - About the Masterplan/Supplementary Planning Document

As you can see public consultation is open until 7th September, so still plenty of time to ask questions and offer your view.

They should also now be on display as you go into the Town Hall, on yer left.
I went to the town hall after work but there was nobody to talk to only a display of the same stuff available on HBC website, I really wanted to talk to someone just to stop the wifey nagging as from the plans it looks like we could lose our house. I have asked at least 10 people from the peel ward and nobody knew of any meeting not even the residents who live across from Cambridge St Church where the meeting was held, this makes me very wary. Lindsay did you know of this meeting beforehand?

Old 17-08-2009, 17:49   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I went to the town hall after work but there was nobody to talk to only a display of the same stuff available on HBC website, I really wanted to talk to someone just to stop the wifey nagging as from the plans it looks like we could lose our house. I have asked at least 10 people from the peel ward and nobody knew of any meeting not even the residents who live across from Cambridge St Church where the meeting was held, this makes me very wary. Lindsay did you know of this meeting beforehand?

I don't know Bagpuss .. not involved whatsoever, just interested ... seems this has been on the website, advertised in the press and I understand there was a leaflet drop (maybe only the bottom half though ?). Best to ask Bernard or Graham.

Like I said Chris Taylor seemingly is a very enthusiastic Housing Regeneration Manager, and is willing to talk to anyone about this scheme.. can E-mail or ring the number. No, I don't know him myself .. just someone who does that's all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..