Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2006, 02:17   #1
Junior Member+

motor bikes

does anybody get hassel of the police when trying to ride their motor bike on a field cuz i do .
they always come to my house even if we havent been on the bikes its like there harrasing us. we have been going on a field behind my house for about 7-8 years and we have ad little trouble with the police but now in this recent year they have been coming to my house more often and threatening to take all the bikes we have been good by pushing the bikes down church to go on a track down there but when we come back they always nearlly come to my house and say that there have been complantes about noise and motor bikes being ridden, but we have permisson to go on the track down church the police are thick as pig ****e.
the thick ****es think that a off road bike needs to have a number plate TAX MOT insurance log book, but you need all of that for a on road bike. we said to them why make off road bikes when you cant even ride them off road without being stopped and aske for all the details and wheres the number plate ETC. If you buy an off road bike from the shop they dont say you need TAX MOT insurance and dont offer you a number plate .

The police could do someting better than to annoy us, we aint do nothing wrong they try to fine us about the bikes and thats just a money scam they never get their fines paid from us, they could focus on crimes because all that we do is go on the motor bikes and try to have a good time without any hassel but we end up getting it we go on the bikes to keep us out of trouble but the police cause the trouble .

all that mite not make any sense but im tired at the min and wanted to say summet bout the bikes.

cheers
sledden is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2006, 06:15   #2
God Member

Re: motor bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledden
does anybody get hassel of the police when trying to ride their motor bike on a field cuz i do .
they always come to my house even if we havent been on the bikes its like there harrasing us. we have been going on a field behind my house for about 7-8 years and we have ad little trouble with the police but now in this recent year they have been coming to my house more often and threatening to take all the bikes we have been good by pushing the bikes down church to go on a track down there but when we come back they always nearlly come to my house and say that there have been complantes about noise and motor bikes being ridden, but we have permisson to go on the track down church the police are thick as pig ****e.
the thick ****es think that a off road bike needs to have a number plate TAX MOT insurance log book, but you need all of that for a on road bike. we said to them why make off road bikes when you cant even ride them off road without being stopped and aske for all the details and wheres the number plate ETC. If you buy an off road bike from the shop they dont say you need TAX MOT insurance and dont offer you a number plate .

The police could do someting better than to annoy us, we aint do nothing wrong they try to fine us about the bikes and thats just a money scam they never get their fines paid from us, they could focus on crimes because all that we do is go on the motor bikes and try to have a good time without any hassel but we end up getting it we go on the bikes to keep us out of trouble but the police cause the trouble .

all that mite not make any sense but im tired at the min and wanted to say summet bout the bikes.

cheers
If you are pushing your machine to the field via ANY public road then it must be MOT'd, numberplate ect......thats the law.

So the police are quite right to stop you and ask to see your documents.

As for complaints, well if you were riding them near me then I would complain if the noise was bad.............off road exhausts are bloody noisy.

Oh and before you start saying 'you dont understand bikers' I have been riding Bikes since I was 16, both on and off road and am still enjoying it 27yrs on!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 07:32   #3
God Member

As UKCowboy says, pushing along the queens highway needs all the same docs as riding it. You need to trailer it to/from whereever you ride. As for riding on fields, do you have the landowners permission and more importantly as the Police see it has HE got permission and insurance to allow you to do so? Then there is teh issue of noise, off road bikes do tend to have exhausts that are louder than road bikes and with teh current bias on antisocial behaviour and noise then I'm afraid you are always going to be a target. The other thing worth considering is that a lot of road going trials bikes that get stolen often end up as field bikes and teh Police have a duty to check(you would want them to be checking every single one if it was your bike that was nicked!)

If you want to ride offroad legally then there are places to go, theres a place in preston and you could always start doing Motorcross/trials riding properly at organised events. It would also improve your riding.

Oh and as per UK, I've been riding since I was about 10 and similarly still enjoy my fix as often as possible

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 07:56   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I would be careful if I was you mate. The Police only need to warn you the 1st time about riding your bike where you should not be. The 2nd time they can take your bike and dispose of it. In this area several bikes have been confiscated using the new ish powers the Police have. The same law can be used not only for bikes but also 4x4's, cars etc.

For the record I do not ride a bike as I think they are unsafe on the road and large number of bike riders are empty heads.
Only yesterday as I was stopping at a pedestrian crossing with a young mum and pushchair crossing, a bike overtook me on the white zig zags, went through the crossing and missed them by about 3 feet. Before you bikers start moaning there are also a lot of caar drivers not fit to get behind the wheel as well.
Old 29-07-2006, 11:04   #5
God Member

They can't confiscate it for him pushing it without documents though can they?
I think this is unfair, if they've got permission then why shouldn't they be allowed. As for the insurance, I'll take your word for it but I never knew that.

It's a shame we can't get a reply from the police to this thread to tell us exactly why he's getting visits to his home.
with people riding them on the road, and canal towpaths, I think the attitude is a refreshing change.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 16:29   #6

Totaly agree about the laws they are all true. It is hard to find places local to ride off road bikes and if you don't have transport then its even harder. When i have the chance i go to Whitworth quarie for my prescription of 2 wheeled action, well organised place and not badly priced last time i was there although i do believe he put his prices up. i will try to remember the name and put a link on.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 17:01   #7
Junior Member+

but the police said they cant do nothing if we push them.
sledden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 17:05   #8
God Member

I don't think they can, which is why I'd like some clarification
Old 29-07-2006, 17:34   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The Police have confiscated some bikes in this area.
Old 29-07-2006, 17:45   #10
God Member

they have in all areas havent they and so have british waterways. people using mini motorcycles on the tow path .
Old 29-07-2006, 19:19   #11
God Member

Those mini moke riders run up and down the paths here in the early hours of the morning. One day the rider will go one way and the bike the other.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 21:04   #12
God Member

is that a threat or promise spuggie
Old 30-07-2006, 02:01   #13
Always EVIL within us

My personal opinion is that the sooner bikes are removed from public areas the better!

Is the "high" that the rider gets worth the cost of hitting a toddler and killing or maiming him or her? Sledden may well be a considerate rider but most are not. Hills are taken at a fast speed - - but who knows what is on the other side?

It is unfortunate Sledden that you feel that you are being victimised, If you had explained to the police exactly what you were doing and where, it is likely that they too would be reasonable but going by your attitude in the thread starter, you would be unlikely to win any friends from the police force. They are there to protect the innocent (mostly ) and other people would expect them to do just that.
Old 30-07-2006, 11:58   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
is that a threat or promise spuggie
Lets just say that a public footpath outside my place and the grass at the side of the burn have become their race track. Same with the park and I am a little P'd of as the police are doing SFA dispite complaints. They want to catch them in the act.How they mean to do that while in there spam cans beats me.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 12:26   #15

lends spuggie a rope to tie on one side of the footpath....and puts the loose end in his hand ready...........
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..