Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 18:16   #31
Senior Member+

Re: MPs Pay Rise

Thats very noble of Mr Clegg the multi millionaire
Accrington Web
Old 01-07-2013, 18:19   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Discreetly and MP in the same sentence accyman, don't be silly

i can make a sentence containing the words dicreetly and MP

"the MP discreetly slipped the brown evolope of cash into his inside pocket "

see it can be done

perhaps when they arnt preceived to be lying ,back stabbing,crooks they could consider a payrise but when they cant even grasp the most basic concepts of decencey i dont see why they should even get paid at all nevermind a payrise

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 18:21   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Thats very noble of Mr Clegg the multi millionaire
to be fair some of these MPs have private education to pay for so their kids can have the best...

....while government makes further education even more out of reach for the working class and their kids

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 23:33   #34

MPs Pay Rise

So cashman you propose to pay the people that run the country less? That's really smart. Think of the savings...... In fact if we had no one running the country, you'd save all the salaries and the maybe appoint yourself as the "dear leader" as you have here on Accyweb?

Maybe we should put a footballer in charge? Rooney earns £300k a week, which is 4 MPs. So you can have 2 footballers for the year or the entire political setup. We can argue about the merits of the current flawed political system, but not about the relative value of the governance of the country versus 2 people kicking a bag of inflated leather around a field.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 23:58   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
So cashman you propose to pay the people that run the country less? That's really smart. Think of the savings...... In fact if we had no one running the country, you'd save all the salaries and the maybe appoint yourself as the "dear leader" as you have here on Accyweb?
Could you please quote the post in which cash man posted the above proposal?
I've had a quick look through the thread couldn't find it.
As for him being AccyWebs 'dear leader', he didn't appoint himself, it's his turn, an honorary roll like being the towns mayor.
It'll be jaysay's turn next week for his unceasing dedication to expanding the English language.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:13   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
So cashman you propose to pay the people that run the country less? That's really smart. Think of the savings...... .
As i never said that or anything resembling that, Easton, as well as being a troll, yer also a liar, one who i would never trust, Thinking about it, that may well be the reason yeh spend much of yer time far away.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:02   #37

Oh no, Cashman's calling me a troll again - presumably you can't think of two insults at once.

At the end of the day cashy you've posted nearly 35,000 times and yet you've only been liked 858 times. That's not even 1 in 40 posts. If I took out Less's likes of your posts it'd be worse still. Even his lousy record is 1 in 16. On those metrics I'd retire from the forum altogether as you clearly have nothing of value to add.

I don't think you can be passed the torch as this weeks "dear leader"
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:05   #38
Resting in Peace

can I just point out the site has been running nearly 10 years and there was over 1 million posts already on site before the site was updated to include "LIKES"
which was done about 6 months ago
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:11   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Oh no, Cashman's calling me a troll again - presumably you can't think of two insults at once.

At the end of the day cashy you've posted nearly 35,000 times and yet you've only been liked 858 times. That's not even 1 in 40 posts. If I took out Less's likes of your posts it'd be worse still. Even his lousy record is 1 in 16. On those metrics I'd retire from the forum altogether as you clearly have nothing of value to add.

More lies unsurprisingly, I will explain in simple english why i regard yeh as a liar, First whilst i have a great dislike fer you as a person, I do not regard yeh as stupid, So therefore by posting people said things, which obvious to all who read the forum, that they did not, can only constitute a liar to me. also that makes a troll to me.

Last edited by cashman; 02-07-2013 at 09:13.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:11   #40
God Member

Don't you sometimes wish there was a 'loathe' button?
Turtle likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:13   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Don't you sometimes wish there was a 'loathe' button?
Don't bother me much, prefer to tell em straight.
jaysay, MargaretR and Turtle like this.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:29   #42
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

Once more I agree with Cashy, you aren't thick, but you don't do yourself any favours by assuming everyone else is, (and your main downfall seems to be that you assume rather than actually talk facts about most things).
By the way, likes are a little like karma, we can't spend them at the shop so we don't mind if we get them or not, it is only the newbies that would like to be popular that place any importance on likes and do you know usually they aren't.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:37   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:

So you've made a value judgement on somebody based on a set of statistics, which as Mick has just shown are largely worthless anyway. You know nowt about Cashy, what he's like at a person, his relations with other members of the group and what he's contributed to the group over the years.

Instead, you judge him on your own skewed reading of some statistics. The quote "he knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing" could have been made for you!
Turtle likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:13   #44
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If yeh don't know that yer dumber n i thought.
The sort of non answer I expected.

If you can't decide where they should fit on the employment scale how can you say they are overpaid?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23   #45
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Also with an increased wage there should be no expenses. It will be a case of "you earn well...pay for it yourself".
I agree with a lot you said except that bit. No one should have to pay their own way for doing their job.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..