Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24   #46
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
as far as im concerned theyre public sector employees ... so they should get the same pay rises as them ...
Our Council's chief exec is paid more than our MP. Shall we increase our's MP's wage to match?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:44   #47
God Member

My recent posts have, quite properly, been culled due to advertising the interests of our new esteemed member.

If you want to do the same search that I did, it is easy when you know his first name is Graham, and he uses the shark logo in his advertising.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:57   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston
Reality is that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys
So the bankers weren't/aren't paid enough for the mess they got us into?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:59   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
So the banker s weren't/aren't paid enough for the mess they got us into?
I see that you searched too

Personally I prefer Bermuda over Singapore, if I had a choice

Ps .....don't think 'loan shark'....think 'travel shark'

Last edited by MargaretR; 02-07-2013 at 11:06.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:18   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The sort of non answer I expected.

If you can't decide where they should fit on the employment scale how can you say they are overpaid?
Yeh got what yeh expected simply because of who yeh are, I recall saying they should not be paid 1p more than ordinary voters, was that hard fer yeh to grasp? I was not saying or discussing were they should fit on the employment scale, start another thread about that if yeh wish, I'm starting to wonder if yer related to easton?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:41   #51
God Member

if the pay was that bad tehy wouldnt be doing it because i bet %99 of them wouldnt do the job if it was minimum wage and a travel pass

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:08   #52
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if the pay was that bad tehy wouldnt be doing it because i bet %99 of them wouldnt do the job if it was minimum wage and a travel pass
Stating the bleedin' obvious there MrA
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:09   #53
Senior Member+

One should be aware of the salary and salary structure before applying for any position.

What should anyone be paid? How about what they are worth to the organisation that employs them.

In industry and the military, and no doubt some other classifications, your pay is linked to your performance, if it is good then you can expect a pay rise or a bonus, if performance is poor, for whatever reason - no pay rise (except for across the board annual rises usually at or below the cost of living), if performance is very poor then one can expect to be looking for another job in the near future.

So one must ask, did the Bankers do a good job? Did the BBC Executives do a good job?
Do politicians do a good job? Should any one of them (and numerous other similar categories), receive pay rises and gold plated pensions?

Last edited by Barrie Yates; 02-07-2013 at 12:11.
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25   #54
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
May I just point out that random percentages used on AccyWeb have been set at 95% by our esteemed MP?
We cannot nor should not exceed that amount for fear of exaggeration.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:37   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Oh no, Cashman's calling me a troll again - presumably you can't think of two insults at once.

At the end of the day cashy you've posted nearly 35,000 times and yet you've only been liked 858 times. That's not even 1 in 40 posts. If I took out Less's likes of your posts it'd be worse still. Even his lousy record is 1 in 16. On those metrics I'd retire from the forum altogether as you clearly have nothing of value to add.

I don't think you can be passed the torch as this weeks "dear leader"
That post just goes to demonstrate, another know all, that knows sod all. Worlds full of em, even in Singapore, Bermuda, wherever.
Less likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:47   #56
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Oh no, Cashman's calling me a troll again - presumably you can't think of two insults at once.

At the end of the day cashy you've posted nearly 35,000 times and yet you've only been liked 858 times. That's not even 1 in 40 posts. If I took out Less's likes of your posts it'd be worse still. Even his lousy record is 1 in 16. On those metrics I'd retire from the forum altogether as you clearly have nothing of value to add.

I don't think you can be passed the torch as this weeks "dear leader"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That post just goes to demonstrate, another know all, that knows sod all. Worlds full of em, even in Singapore, Bermuda, wherever.
Keep it up guys I'm enjoying this
Stevie R and GEaston like this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:47   #57

MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dare I like the above? According to one person, that must have looked in great detail at your profile, I've liked you quite a bit already.
Well, go on then, I will, after all what is one more like amongst friends?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49   #58

MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Keep it up guys I'm enjoying this
The traditional thing is to just post a smiley eating popcorn, saves writing.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:59   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
May I just point out that random percentages used on AccyWeb have been set at 95% by our esteemed MP?
We cannot nor should not exceed that amount for fear of exaggeration.
when asked how much people thought MP's deserved as a payrise %95 said %95

i think %95 should be teh standard reply for hyndburn

how much would you like to see the town improved - %95

if kicked in teh balls how much will it hurt - %95

after a curry from blackburn road how much of your bowel is evacuated - %95

what are the chances of getting a parking ticket on blackburn road - Ahhh i see we have hit a problem with the %95 idea

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 13:18   #60
God Member

Many MPs have other jobs as barristers and company executives.

To many of them, their MP pay is 'pocket money'.
To see how prevalent this is, look at the Register of Members Interests.

The majority don't need or earn the rise, since the 'second job' that it is , does not represent a full time job. On the contrary, many use their positions as elected MPs to promote/enhance their other financial interests (lobbying).

Whilst we have broached the topic of 'member's interests', it may well be useful to look at the reasons why some members here have opinions they do.

'Follow The Money' seems to apply, especially when the opinions are expressed by a former offshore banking exec, who spent decades helping the filthy rich avoid tax.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..