Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 08:16   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
The fact that Less and Cashman's "credits" represents only the last 6 months makes it even worse. Lol, if all those posts were made in just the last 6 months then the situation for you is worse that I thought. Might want to think "why do so few people like what I have to say" and you can start by looking at the language and vitriol that you throw. As you can tell it doesn't matter to me what you think, but I'm sure it chases others away..
As one who trys to be such a clever begger, yer failure to understand what is actually said to yeh is amazing.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34   #77
JFT96

Quote:
to the pilot's point about an Android app, we would actually launch a product first and then release the Android app in much the same way that Boeing would build a 787 plane and test it before delivering to customers.......ah, sorry bad example please replace Boeing with Airbus.
So let me get this straight, your saying the problem in developing a Smart Phone application which will work on multiple makes of phone is similar to the problems that occur to Aircraft Manufacturers (787 or 380, take your pick), when they are delevoping a brand new way of fabrication with a new type of material. And of course all the millions of money involved.
No wonder you have not developed a app for Android or BlackBerry, the costs involved must be staggering.
I wonder how your competitors did it?

Back on subject I did suggest a few years ago that Guy Fawkes had a pretty good idea.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:43   #78
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Back on subject I did suggest a few years ago that Guy Fawkes had a pretty good idea.
So you are advocating murder on a massive scale eh? BG
Westminster blown sky high and the country in chaos.
The blast would have killed the king, his direct heir [eldest son Henry], the Privy Council, the law lords, the bishops,"

Last edited by DtheP47; 03-07-2013 at 08:46.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49   #79
JFT96

Ahhhh point made D.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:59   #80
God Member

I have a brother who had a career in banking. He passed ALL the subjects in the Institute of Bankers exams (I recall there were 20 or more) and followed those by gaining a banking diploma.
When he became a branch manager in his early 40s he was asked to be complicit in corrupt practice which was/is prevalent - he left banking.

You cannot convince me that the banking system has not corruption at the core of its operating practice -

Central Bank Corruption Insider Trading and Scandals

Banks | Global Witness

Banking scandal: 'the rot was widespread, the corruption endemic' | Vince Cable | Comment is free | The Observer

The moral corruption of the banks is poisoning society | Mail Online

To Entwisi - Is there really any excuse to participate? - that didn't provide an adequate excuse at Nurenburg. Participation implies complicity.

To Grum - I would find it embarrassing if you respected me - I don't seek it, and care nothing of your opinion of me.

You say that banking provides an essential function in our society - it has reduced populations to below poverty levels, yet you find it wholesomely acceptable - a better way of trading must be developed.

Last edited by MargaretR; 03-07-2013 at 09:06.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:21   #81
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I
You say that banking provides an essential function in our society - it has reduced populations to below poverty levels, yet you find it wholesomely acceptable - a better way of trading must be developed.
Can't blame bankers Margaret, the worst thing we can continue to do – globally – is have children at the current rate. If the current global rate of reproduction continues, by the end of this century there will not be 10 billion of us, pushing more hapless souls below the poverty line*.

* measure that as you will.
GEaston likes this.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:32   #82
I am Banned

Quote:
Ahhhh point made D.
A bit like our very own acctyman the plotters left no definitive blueprint as to the way forward should their plan have succeeded. With Elizabeth as puppet queen, a new government would be formed - of whom is not known.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Can't blame bankers Margaret, the worst thing we can continue to do – globally – is have children at the current rate. If the current global rate of reproduction continues, by the end of this century there will not be 10 billion of us, pushing more hapless souls below the poverty line*.

* measure that as you will.
The 'cull' is already underway surreptitiously - but that could provoke more lengthy deviations from this thread.

The Great Culling has begun: Will your genetic lineage survive?

Capitalism (banking and 'democracy') has mutated into a greed based system where the 1% flourish at the expense of the rest of us.
pallyman likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:45   #84
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
The fact that Less and Cashman's "credits" represents only the last 6 months makes it even worse. Lol, if all those posts were made in just the last 6 months then the situation for you is worse that I thought. Might want to think "why do so few people like what I have to say" and you can start by looking at the language and vitriol that you throw. As you can tell it doesn't matter to me what you think, but I'm sure it chases others away.
Perhaps you have hit on a very important way of deciding who should and who should not get a pay rise?

It is a system that I and most long standing users of the internet take for granted, in fact only a few people take any real notice of it, however it may be the fairest way of judging our elected representatives.

When we have spent hours enthralled by the antics within the house on the BBC parliamentary channel we hit the red button go down a list of MP's present, (don't worry it is usually a very small list), and press the yellow button to select the MP we consider the best of the day?

Or would the MP's that don't get many likes become obsessive about the one's that have the most points and try to use the system against them?

Too trivial? a rather silly suggestion that what a person is like can be gleaned from this method?

Well yes, I think so as well, but there are some here in the virtual world that actually do attempt to use a little bit of fun just for that sort of purpose, are these people to be condemned or pitied for their stupid behavior?

I personally would pity anyone that thinks there is any importance whatsoever in such a system.

I really must stop thinking for myself it hurts, far better I leave such things to superior beings!
Boeing Guy likes this.

Last edited by Less; 03-07-2013 at 09:48.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04   #85
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The 'cull' is already underway surreptitiously - but that could provoke more lengthy deviations from this thread.

The Great Culling has begun: Will your genetic lineage survive?

Love one of the survival tips Margaret. Why did I think of you???

#9) Train yourself for mental adaptability. In order to survive, you must not allow yourself to ever be locked into the "tunnel vision" of narrow thinking. To survive, you must be able to adapt, solve problems, and use resources in innovative ways. Training for this can include solving mental puzzles (including playing "problem solving" puzzle video games), exploring the outdoors, learning new skills (such as juggling), and trying out new hobbies. Do not let your mind stagnate. You will need it to be flexible.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:24   #86
JFT96

Quote:
A bit like our very own acctyman the plotters left no definitive blueprint as to the way forward should their plan have succeeded. With Elizabeth as puppet queen, a new government would be formed - of whom is not known.
Goodness me, I made a joke, maybe a bit crass but there you go.
The whole of society is filled with corruption from MP's to Entertainment Celebs, I don't have the answer, I don't think anyone on here has.
I would not be a MP, they are underpaid, but seeing Westminster is full of those who are playing the system for what they can get, remember the Expenses Scandal? the public are not going to be happy with any pay increase.
Maybe the problem is with the type of people who want to enter politics?

Old 03-07-2013, 10:30   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Goodness me, I made a joke, maybe a bit crass but there you go.
The whole of society is filled with corruption from MP's to Entertainment Celebs, I don't have the answer, I don't think anyone on here has.
I would not be a MP, they are underpaid, but seeing Westminster is full of those who are playing the system for what they can get, remember the Expenses Scandal? the public are not going to be happy with any pay increase.
Maybe the problem is with the type of people who want to enter politics?
As far as i'm concerned "If were all in it together" as Cameron n his turds tell us, Then "Everyone" should get the same % rise, as fer who is underpaid/overpaid, thats a different question.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40   #88
Beacon of light

Quote:
I call you Marge because you don't like it. While you desperately seek some something negative towards me I shall treat you with a similar level of respect. Treat others as you expect to be treated yourself.

I have no regrets in relation to my former profession. Your sweeping statements show a level of ignorance about it that is staggering, but undoubtedly will be popular on this forum. Hardly representative of reality though.

I neither want, seek, nor expect to receive your respect.
And is that why you address me in the same manner?
This, despite my polite and respectful request for you not to use that term of address...and also despite the fact that I have never posted anything which was remotely disrespectful of you?

It seems to me that your perception of yourself is that you are far too good for this forum.......and there is nothing wrong in having a high opinion of yourself, if that opinion is justified.
Please don't expect us to share your elevated opinion of yourself......well, that is , not until you can be a bit more respectful in what you post.
(This does NOT mean I want you to have the same opinions as me.....or believe the same things. A diversity of opinions on a forum is what keeps it interesting)
Good manners costs nothing.
MargaretR and BERNADETTE like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 03-07-2013 at 10:46.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42   #89
God Member

Quote:
for the record i aint a yorkshire man that T kinda insinuates i am lol

when teh monarchy was overthrown i dare say some people were wondering what would happen next but it turned out ok for a while.Sadly teh same greed and lust for power that teh monarchy had is now present in our government.Evey now and then its good to wipe teh slate clean and make a fresh start.A bit like formatting yor computer and upgrading the operating system.You dont know if its going to be any better but something new is needed or you get left behind

just a pitty this corrupt lot dont have a system restore to a previous date wher ethey had morals
MargaretR and pallyman like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 03-07-2013 at 10:46.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45   #90
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As far as i'm concerned "If were all in it together" as Cameron n his turds tell us, Then "Everyone" should get the same % rise, as fer who is underpaid/overpaid, thats a different question.
The problem with that cashy is 5% of nowt is nowt...while 5% of a million is worth having.
Belt tightening should be a universal pursuit...it should apply to everyone.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..