Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 10:54   #91
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps you have hit on a very important way of deciding who should and who should not get a pay rise?

It is a system that I and most long standing users of the internet take for granted, in fact only a few people take any real notice of it, however it may be the fairest way of judging our elected representatives.

When we have spent hours enthralled by the antics within the house on the BBC parliamentary channel we hit the red button go down a list of MP's present, (don't worry it is usually a very small list), and press the yellow button to select the MP we consider the best of the day?

Or would the MP's that don't get many likes become obsessive about the one's that have the most points and try to use the system against them?

Too trivial? a rather silly suggestion that what a person is like can be gleaned from this method?

Well yes, I think so as well, but there are some here in the virtual world that actually do attempt to use a little bit of fun just for that sort of purpose, are these people to be condemned or pitied for their stupid behavior?

I personally would pity anyone that thinks there is any importance whatsoever in such a system.
Addendum to the above, instead of press the red button they put out one of those text voting thingamees, like for big brother.
Press MP#1 if you wish to vote for the Prime Minister.
Press MP#2 for the Home Secretary.
and so on down the list, this will make them performance related and remove the need for a pay rise.

The monies raised against the MP's number, say, £1 per text (paid by the sender), goes to them so the better they perform the more they make and only the idiots with more money than sense will be financing a better Parliament.
At the end of every week there could even be a vote for which MP should be evicted from the house, it works with BB it should make politics more interesting.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2013, 10:56   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The problem with that cashy is 5% of nowt is nowt...while 5% of a million is worth having.
Belt tightening should be a universal pursuit...it should apply to everyone.
Yeh am well aware of that margaret, But its my opinion n what i reckon, I reckon many of the ordinary folks whilst not happy, would accept things better if the knobs got the same.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:06   #93
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
just a pitty this corrupt lot dont have a system restore to a previous date wher ethey had morals
Rightyo Mr a .... you have control of the red button and the time machine when would that date be?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:11   #94
God Member

just as an example of how corrupt this lot we have are does anyone remember the expenses scandal an dhow angry people were about it

some may be aware thaqt the person whos name i dont recall whos decision it was as to if criminal charges shoudl be brought forward was also entangled in the expenses scandal.If he had said yes to criminal charges been persued he himself would have faced been charged with fraud.theft of whatever so is it any suprise he made the decision that criminal charges not be pressed.

even if there was no solid plan in place shoudl they be chucked out surely we are better off without them

mind you teh fact that both me and cashman have said theres nothing wrong with teh system its them that are playing it that is the issue seems to have been overlooked and we are accused of having no alternative plan.We dont need an alternitive plan we need a fresh lot of MPs and a few tewaks here and there to deter corrupt or illigal actions by MP's
Boeing Guy and pallyman like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 03-07-2013 at 11:14.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:12   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Rightyo Mr a .... you have control of the red button and the time machine when would that date be?
good point best to format and start again

maybe even a linux version of parliament that isnt as vulnerable to outside interference and viruses
DtheP47 likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:11   #96
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh am well aware of that margaret, But its my opinion n what i reckon, I reckon many of the ordinary folks whilst not happy, would accept things better if the knobs got the same.
If MP's got paid by results then they would be paying us.

They just don't get it!
We are still not 'over' the expenses scandal...well, perhaps some of us are...but I'm not.
I do not trust MP's...any MP's whatever their political persuasion.
The only MP I trust is myself...and there are times when I need watching!
Boeing Guy and BERNADETTE like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:26   #97
I am Banned

Quote:
If MP's got paid by results then they would be paying us.

They just don't get it!
We are still not 'over' the expenses scandal...well, perhaps some of us are...but I'm not.
I do not trust MP's...any MP's whatever their political persuasion.
The only MP I trust is myself...and there are times when I need watching!
Can't deny they should be paid on attendance MP
As far as the expenses scandal what has anybody really, really done about it?
Zippo...
If it was Turkey or Egypt we'd be manning the barracades ...the French would have had the tumbrills greased and ready to go.

Complacency gets you the officialdom you/we deserve or as my old mate Walter used to say " You pee with the hicks you've got" or something very similar.
Boeing Guy likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 13:24   #98

Quote:
And is that why you address me in the same manner?
This, despite my polite and respectful request for you not to use that term of address...and also despite the fact that I have never posted anything which was remotely disrespectful of you?

It seems to me that your perception of yourself is that you are far too good for this forum.......and there is nothing wrong in having a high opinion of yourself, if that opinion is justified.
Please don't expect us to share your elevated opinion of yourself......well, that is , not until you can be a bit more respectful in what you post.
(This does NOT mean I want you to have the same opinions as me.....or believe the same things. A diversity of opinions on a forum is what keeps it interesting)
Good manners costs nothing.
He has a downer with the whole site, you are tarred with the same brush as all the other members of the site.
He believes none of us deserve respect or courtesy because we are so much below him and our opinions count for nothing.

He is of course right, I for one know my place and am pleased nay grateful that he wanders the town buying up all the properties our own Private Landlords don't want to touch with the proverbial barge pole.

I also wish him success in his venture though I do hope that when he calms down and realises what an ass he is making of himself he will learn a little humility towards the people of the town he is willing to buy, after all, he doesn't know whom may just be his potential customers...

Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 03-07-2013, 15:50   #99
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Can't deny they should be paid on attendance
Agree with that
Old 03-07-2013, 16:00   #100

Quote:
Can't deny they should be paid on attendance MP
Several years ago there had been a documentary on the House Of Lords, one of these men had a small flat in London and went home to his pile at weekends, during the week he would go to the house, sign in for his days pay (quite a large sum even back then), then he would turn around leave the building and spend the day at his club.
Anyone think our MP's would be above doing similar?
Old 03-07-2013, 16:10   #101
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Several years ago there had been a documentary on the House Of Lords, one of these men had a small flat in London and went home to his pile at weekends, during the week he would go to the house, sign in for his days pay (quite a large sum even back then), then he would turn around leave the building and spend the day at his club.
Anyone think our MP's would be above doing similar?
You know, Moats cost a small fortune to keep clean......

I am sure our local MP would never dream of treating his constituents in such a way

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 16:37   #102
God Member

It appears that MPs cannot afford toilet paper.

Today's Twitter reports that Ed Milliband left his PM Question Time notes in a public toilet

They were rescued before use and can be read here
Read Miliband?s PMQs Briefing Notes In Full - Guy Fawkes' blog

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 16:48   #103
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Today's Twitter reports that Ed Milliband left his PM Question Time notes in a public toilet
Probably hoping to meet George Michael to offer him a job as a the equality & diversity Czar seeing as they're ramming home same sex "Marriage".
Old 03-07-2013, 16:51   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Probably hoping to meet George Michael to offer him a job as a the equality & diversity Czar seeing as they're ramming home same sex "Marriage".
More likely he was expecting Tony to drop by

OPERATION ORE: THE GAMBLE CONNECTION: Tony Blair on sex offenders list...

http://www.seancopland.com/articles/...ne_search.html

Last edited by MargaretR; 03-07-2013 at 16:53.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 17:03   #105
Senior Member+

ramming home same sex "Marriage".
Hell dave thats a bit much . Making my eyes water thinking about that
Boeing Guy and DaveinGermany like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..