Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 21:20   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Mr. Roy Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Thank you Dave and Flashy and for these posts.

Ah yes, Roy and Sylvia and their wonderful family - my ex and I had many happy times with them and always comfortable in their company.

I last saw him a few months ago in the Doctors. He was telling me about
Sylvia and her ill health, which saddened me greatly. He didn't look that much different to be honest, still the same spikey haircut.

I suspect 'my ex' knew Roy initially through their fishing interest, not the others.

He did tell me he was putting on file his 1,000's of photographs and was sweetening him up to probe for pictures of Accrington, etc., but gathered most were family and friends.

Thanks for the details, Dave, would definitely love to go and pay my respects, but not too hot myself at the moment.

Will take some time to think about our very 'interesting' discussions instead.

Once again, thank you.
I think he was the last man in Accrington still getting a crew cut.

We spent many a week sorting his photo collection out, and putting then on the computer and the external hard drives, and yes they were mostly family content.
The ones he took for the Observer were work photos, so were retained by Garth Dawson.
Look after yourself, and keep warm, and its a nice thought that you will give a moment or two to think of Roy. dave mac
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2013, 21:21   #17
Senior Member+

Great to see that you have posted on here Kate. I am looking forward to the day when I can call you 'Tubby Kate.' Feel the vibes from all of us XXX
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 08:03   #18
Senior Member+

Obituaries All these years and I never knew his middle name, if I had known I would have mentioned it once or twice, well perhaps more.
Old 13-11-2013, 12:33   #19
Resting In Peace

Dave I presume this is the friend you had been visiting for the last few weeks. So sorry to hear of his passing. I'm sure he will have appreciated your visits, and your friendship and dare I say love for him shine through. I'm sure you will miss him greatly but you must have many good memories to help you through. And what a wonderful middle name... there must be a story there somewhere!

Judging by the comments on here he had friends in several spheres and was well liked by all. I wish I had come across him. My brother John Creasey G3 or 4 FSD and my partner Richard Gammage G6 BVR are both radio hams but like the late Mr Taylor have moved on to other things. And the other Mr Taylor on here, Russell is one too - I never knew that!

Flashy you are privileged to have heard his stories about Accywebbers. I was in hosp myself when you started your new job but you seem to have settled in well and be enjoying yourself. I am so pleased for you.

Kate it's good to hear from you, please post when you can. Sorry to hear about your illness, hope you are back on your feet soon, I know what it's like, been there, still wearing the T shirt! All the very best from me and keep on the road to recovery
Old 13-11-2013, 16:01   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Dave I presume this is the friend you had been visiting for the last few weeks. So sorry to hear of his passing. I'm sure he will have appreciated your visits, and your friendship and dare I say love for him shine through. I'm sure you will miss him greatly but you must have many good memories to help you through. And what a wonderful middle name... there must be a story there somewhere!

Judging by the comments on here he had friends in several spheres and was well liked by all. I wish I had come across him. My brother John Creasey G3 or 4 FSD and my partner Richard Gammage G6 BVR are both radio hams but like the late Mr Taylor have moved on to other things. And the other Mr Taylor on here, Russell is one too - I never knew that!

Flashy you are privileged to have heard his stories about Accywebbers. I was in hosp myself when you started your new job but you seem to have settled in well and be enjoying yourself. I am so pleased for you.

Kate it's good to hear from you, please post when you can. Sorry to hear about your illness, hope you are back on your feet soon, I know what it's like, been there, still wearing the T shirt! All the very best from me and keep on the road to recovery
How is your John going on Sue?He was in my class at one time at A.G.S.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 22:38   #21
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=susie123;1083589]Dave I presume this is the friend you had been visiting for the last few weeks. So sorry to hear of his passing. I'm sure he will have appreciated your visits, and your friendship and dare I say love for him shine through. I'm sure you will miss him greatly but you must have many good memories to help you through. And what a wonderful middle name... there must be a story there somewhere!

It was, although the weeks became months, and it was difficult to watch his condition worsen, and to hope for the best but expecting the worst.

I have to say I have shed a large amount of tears since his passing, and in the unguarded moments think he is still here and have to correct myself.

His call sign was G0LQO, and his wife Sylvia is M1CVX, although they have not been transmitting for a number of years now. Your brother is G4FSD I looked it up, and your partner has a Wiltshire address on the database.

His middle name was not known to me and I only found out after his death, so didn't get to quiz him about it, perhaps it will be revealed some time in the future.
Old 13-11-2013, 23:11   #22

My sympathies for the loss of your friend Roy, davemac.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 23:16   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
My sympathies for the loss of your friend Roy, davemac.
Thank you, it has devastated his family as well.
Old 13-11-2013, 23:30   #24
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
How is your John going on Sue?He was in my class at one time at A.G.S.
Hello Frank yes John's doing very well, he's just retired after being semi retired for a while, decided to quit altogether. He was a lecturer in electronics etc at Fleetwood Tech and now spends his time walking his dogs and messing about with Hilllman Imps - a nasty habit he picked up from his children.

He is marrid to Liz who is 7 years younger and still working as a classroom assistant. They live at the very top of the hill in Belthorn opposite the Dog Inn. They used to live at West End. They have two children, Angela who is also a classroom asst who lives in Ossy with her son Alastair who is nine and the product of her second marriage and she has been divorced twice. She is 38, her brother Simon was born in 1980 and lives in a Northants village with his girlfriend Nikki. They have no children and don't think they ever will. As I said they all play with Imps.

Simon has a master's degree in electronics and took over my partner Richard's job as tech manager at Line 6 in Daventry which is a well known American co in the field of electronic guitars and amps when Richard got sacked. That's how we ended up in Morecambe after he got a job here in 2006.

You may have left AGS by the time John went to Birmingham Uni but did you know his girlfriend got pregnant and they married and had a son, Ian. The marriage soon broke up and I'm not sure what happened to Ian.

I asked John once whether he had thought about joining Accyweb but he said he didn't like spending time on computers. I'll mention you to him next time we speak, he would love Max, he had a collie until recently.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 08:25   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
He was for a time, very active with Raynet, but when he gave this up I think radio took a back seat.
I am sorry to hear Katex is not well, I did wonder why I had not had a reply to my PM.

His funeral is at Accrington Crematorium this Friday at 11.30 am.
A slight correction to the time, it is 11.40am. not as I said originaly. There is a nice tribute to him in the Accrington Observer this morning.
mobertol likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 21:00   #26
God Member

Sincere condolences Dave - I didn't know him personally but appreciate that it must be very hard to lose a life-long friend, may he rest in peace.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 19:38   #27
Senior Member+

The funeral was well attended, and the service was a fitting tribute to my friend, and may I thank, on behalf of his family, all the people who paid tribute and who offered their condolences, and to those who took a moment to remember him, thank you
flashy, maxthecollie and susie123 like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..