Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2009, 09:36   #151
Resting in Peace

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The benefits system is there...and it is the fault of the government if people come here and play the system.
The system should require that you have paid into it to get benefits.(In which case some of our own population would not qualify for benefits)
Some truly destitue people should get limited help....and they should have to pay back the cost once they are working.

There should be economic rules for migrants - they must be able to show that they have 1) a job.
2) enough money to sustain them for a period of two years
3) somewhere to live - be that a home that they have found before coming
into the country/or family members who they can live with.
If they cannot show proof of these things then they should not be allowed in.......someone has got to get real pretty soon, or our island is going to sink.

But then implementing such measures would require better skills than this governmemt has(for all its posturing and tinkering at the edges - the benefits system requires radical reform.....and they haven't got the cojones to do it).
Spot on Margaret, I can remember a few years ago, I was in E3 at Queens Park and they brought this elderly Asian gentleman into the next bed, he couldn't speak a word of English. Then the doctor came around his son-in-law was there to act as interpreter, they pulled the curtains round as usual, but you could still hear what was said. The doctor asked how long this man had been in the country, the reply nearly had me falling out of bed. Well, he said, he never wanted to come to Britain until he started being ill, wonderful
Old 24-03-2009, 09:41   #152

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

I recognise that Jaysay.
planetsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 12:28   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Spot on Margaret, I can remember a few years ago, I was in E3 at Queens Park and they brought this elderly Asian gentleman into the next bed, he couldn't speak a word of English. Then the doctor came around his son-in-law was there to act as interpreter, they pulled the curtains round as usual, but you could still hear what was said. The doctor asked how long this man had been in the country, the reply nearly had me falling out of bed. Well, he said, he never wanted to come to Britain until he started being ill, wonderful
Well said Maggie
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 13:02   #154
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Well said Maggie
It would be very interesting to know.
Are you on leave from Broadmoor or high on Kellogs?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 16:17   #155
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Roy just ignore him, he goes away or gets ratted again and goes back to sleep
Old 25-03-2009, 15:02   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Who rattled your cage girlieboy I see your also in the flying hand bag brigade,
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 17:30   #157
Full Member+

According to todays Daily Express (27.3.09) the post-clerk has been told by his employer that his services are no longer required. He is quoted as stating that he will look into opening his own business and ensure that his policy of not serving non-English speaking customers will be applied. Ah well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 17:46   #158
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
According to todays Daily Express (27.3.09) the post-clerk has been told by his employer that his services are no longer required. He is quoted as stating that he will look into opening his own business and ensure that his policy of not serving non-English speaking customers will be applied. Ah well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He can do what he wants when he has his own business, and not employed by someone else to serve the public.

Though if he next decides disabled people take too long buying their stamps, and decides their custom is no longer welcome, they like other groups are protected by law from discrimination.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 17:56   #159
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
mind you it could have been worse....I mean just imagine...the bloke could have been German for gods sake!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 18:13   #160
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
mind you it could have been worse....I mean just imagine...the bloke could have been German for gods sake!
The difference there, being that if the man had been German then there would be a very good chance that he would not need an interpreter.......he would probably speak English very well as it has been part of the curriculum in school over there for a very long time.

And you tar the members of Accyweb with the racist brush....well pardon me, but isn't that post just a little bit racist...or does the smiley absolve you from that crime?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 18:16   #161
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The difference there, being that if the man had been German then there would be a very good chance that he would not need an interpreter.......he would probably speak English very well as it has been part of the curriculum in school over there for a very long time.

And you tar the members of Accyweb with the racist brush....well pardon me, but isn't that post just a little bit racist...or does the smiley absolve you from that crime?
Perhaps we aren't all racists until a certain amount of alcohol or chemical substances have been consumed?

Old 27-03-2009, 18:31   #162
God Member

Quote:

of course I was making a point in a sarcastic manner..... and you have just proved my point by jumping to the defence of my reference to Germans... I haven't notice you be so quick to defend asians or black people when they get slagged off on here!
Old 27-03-2009, 18:36   #163
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps we aren't all racists until a certain amount of alcohol or chemical substances have been consumed?
Speak for yourself mate...you been snorting the cleaning powder ?do yerself a favour...buy the real stuff it's better for you in the long run.
Old 27-03-2009, 18:45   #164
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Speak for yourself mate...you been snorting the cleaning powder ?do yerself a favour...buy the real stuff it's better for you in the long run.
I already have to take enough prescription drugs to help me to fuction to a lesser extent, so I'll pass on the cocaine thanks.

I'd hate to end up like you...mate.

Old 27-03-2009, 20:57   #165

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
In the light of recent events where a fanatical bunch of no-marks have barracked our troops during a welcome home parade at Luton, is it not time that we re-evaluated our supposedly tolerant approach to the policies of multicultereralism that recent governments have hammered us with.
Simpls should have shot them all and the fue million that complined afterwords

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..