Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 19:20   #346
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

I see there is now a British Police Sikh Association, how many more seperate associations and unions are we going to have? Wonder what the reaction would be to an exclusive association or union for British White Police Officers. It is things like this that cause the most upset and ill feeling because whichever way you look at it these seperate bodies are discriminating against whites.
Time the powers that be opened their eyes!!!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 21:59   #347

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I see there is now a British Police Sikh Wonder what the reaction would be to an exclusive association or union for British White Police Officers.
Since you asked....

BBC NEWS | UK | ACPO bans police from joining BNP

And quite rightly banned , in my opinion, however its the imbalance and inequality in the approach to the outright banning of membership of one racist organisation and actively recognising and allowing membership of another racist organisation.

What also galls me about the whole Sikh affair is that the judge stated that Greater Manchester Police "should amend its police uniform and equipment policy to take into account the requirement of Sikh officers."

Thats a change to policy because of 3 in 30,000. Thats 0.001%...and guess who will pay for this judgement!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:25   #348
Resting in Peace

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
I see there is now a British Police Sikh Association, how many more separate associations and unions are we going to have? Wonder what the reaction would be to an exclusive association or union for British White Police Officers. It is things like this that cause the most upset and ill feeling because whichever way you look at it these separate bodies are discriminating against whites.
Time the powers that be opened their eyes!!!!!
I've always thought that Bernie, it seems there are sections in British society that have to cater for different ethnic groups, which seems to fly in the face of a multi cultural society, I just wonder what would happen if we had a Music of White Origin Awards
Old 04-10-2009, 09:30   #349
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I see there is now a British Police Sikh Association, how many more seperate associations and unions are we going to have? Wonder what the reaction would be to an exclusive association or union for British White Police Officers.
I thought it was called the Masons
Old 04-10-2009, 09:56   #350
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I thought it was called the Masons
I'll shake your hand anytime Neil
Old 04-10-2009, 12:14   #351

Hi

I am a new member to Accyweb and find some of the threads very intriguing as I work through some of the posts.

I have never been out of work and never relied on the state for support, on top of that I have served in the British Army although for only 9 years, in my time in the army I saw some good things and some bad, but I will never meet a bunch of better people in my life as they were always there for me as I was for them. At no time was colour creed or religion mentioned although there is always barrack room banter and you have a laugh and a joke and you learn to give as well as take.

Someone said that we should train the youngsters to go back and join the local militias, fine is it a good idea, NO, reason - these youngster when they are turned (whether they are muslims, christian, sikhs is immaterial) will come back and use those skills against us, just on a side note who trained the taliban in afghanistan (the American and the British so they could oppose the Russians, what are the taliban doing now fighting the Americans and the British and I have lost good friends in this cause).

Someone talked about integration, my response is you do not clap with one hand it takes two.

I have lived in Accrington for over 40 years, I have a lot of friend from all walks of life, colour, religion and yes Freemasons aswell.

I am also god-father to my friends kids and the family are catholics I am not.

Now if was to tell you that my ethnicity is not British or English and I am a muslim will your views or opinions of me have changed since you started to read this post. Why? you do not know me. The point that I am making is that we need to get to know people as individuals not as groups or what religion or colour they are, but who they are as themselves and yes this must work both ways.

There is a lot more I could say but for now I will leave it at this as each person must conduct themselves in life as they see fit, after all we do live in a free and democratic country.

I hope I have not offended anyone with my comments as these are my personal views.
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 15:31   #352
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've always thought that Bernie, it seems there are sections in British society that have to cater for different ethnic groups, which seems to fly in the face of a multi cultural society, I just wonder what would happen if we had a Music of White Origin Awards
The sooner the better as the crap churned out by the black rap groups is absolutely bloody awful and a gross misrepresentation of what is perceived by normal people as 'music'.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 16:23   #353
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hi

I am a new member to Accyweb and find some of the threads very intriguing as I work through some of the posts.

I have never been out of work and never relied on the state for support, on top of that I have served in the British Army although for only 9 years, in my time in the army I saw some good things and some bad, but I will never meet a bunch of better people in my life as they were always there for me as I was for them. At no time was colour creed or religion mentioned although there is always barrack room banter and you have a laugh and a joke and you learn to give as well as take.

Someone said that we should train the youngsters to go back and join the local militias, fine is it a good idea, NO, reason - these youngster when they are turned (whether they are muslims, christian, sikhs is immaterial) will come back and use those skills against us, just on a side note who trained the taliban in afghanistan (the American and the British so they could oppose the Russians, what are the taliban doing now fighting the Americans and the British and I have lost good friends in this cause).

Someone talked about integration, my response is you do not clap with one hand it takes two.

I have lived in Accrington for over 40 years, I have a lot of friend from all walks of life, colour, religion and yes Freemasons aswell.

I am also god-father to my friends kids and the family are catholics I am not.

Now if was to tell you that my ethnicity is not British or English and I am a muslim will your views or opinions of me have changed since you started to read this post. Why? you do not know me. The point that I am making is that we need to get to know people as individuals not as groups or what religion or colour they are, but who they are as themselves and yes this must work both ways.

There is a lot more I could say but for now I will leave it at this as each person must conduct themselves in life as they see fit, after all we do live in a free and democratic country.

I hope I have not offended anyone with my comments as these are my personal views.

Certainly didn't offened me.

An excellent post.

The media love the idea of having a new scapegoat, and for the past couple of years it's been Islam, even though the majority of British Muslims are peace loving, hardworking citizens.

We certainly didn't brand all Catholics as potential terrorists, when for decades we were attacked by a tiny minority of people.

Until a decade ago the most famous Muslim in the world wasn't Bin Laden, it was someone who always tops the polls of the most popular sportsman of all time, Mohammed Ali.

Last edited by garinda; 04-10-2009 at 16:31.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 16:29   #354
Senior Member+

agreed^ great post phoenix
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 21:52   #355
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Certainly didn't offened me.

An excellent post.

The media love the idea of having a new scapegoat, and for the past couple of years it's been Islam, even though the majority of British Muslims are peace loving, hardworking citizens.

We certainly didn't brand all Catholics as potential terrorists, when for decades we were attacked by a tiny minority of people.

Until a decade ago the most famous Muslim in the world wasn't Bin Laden, it was someone who always tops the polls of the most popular sportsman of all time, Mohammed Ali.
Certainly makes one sit up and re-examine one's values and opinions - though I have no regrets about raising the issue in this thread as it has provided much food for members to consider and discuss. Thank you, Phoenix.
Old 05-10-2009, 16:49   #356

Hi

This discussion appears to have come to an end. My post was meant to stimulate more discussions and thoughts from our virtual community on this site.

Please do not stop the discussions/posts.

We need to keep topics like this live in order to understand each other, then maybe we can become truely a Multi-cultural hyndburn at least.
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 17:05   #357
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

think if you do a bit of research you will find that that the 'branch' of Islam that Muhammed Ali belongs to .....(Elijah Mohammed, Malcom X etc.) has about as much in common 'true' Shia/Sunni Islam as the Mormans do with Christianity .
Apart from recieving funds from the Saudi Wahabies (Sp?) for their own proselytizing agenda in the US the Black Muslims are nothing more than a prison gang

check out the attached link ...this is my local area
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Black_Muslim_Bakery

Last edited by steeljack; 05-10-2009 at 17:10. Reason: addendum
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 17:52   #358
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hi

This discussion appears to have come to an end. My post was meant to stimulate more discussions and thoughts from our virtual community on this site.

Please do not stop the discussions/posts.

We need to keep topics like this live in order to understand each other, then maybe we can become truely a Multi-cultural hyndburn at least.
I very much doubt that we have seen the end of this hotly debated subject - and long may we be granted the freedom to continue doing so with the many and diverse threads introduced by the membership. Well done Accy!
Old 06-10-2009, 04:00   #359
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Stumped;[/B]750416]The sooner the better as the crap churned out by the black rap groups is absolutely bloody awful and a gross misrepresentation of what is perceived by normal people as 'music'.
this thread,started by Stumped was questioning "multi-culture" but has once again boiled down to skin colour...and even degrading the music and artist that are black.. how are we all supposed to live in this world when you regard awards for music or most everyday stuff as a threat..?..seems to me the problem Stumped has.... is not culture.. but colour!

Last edited by Mancie; 06-10-2009 at 04:10.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:58   #360
Senior Member+

I cant see how rap music has anything to do with a multiculteral society. Is it racist to have musical taste if you happen to like more music that is produced by white artists?. It is ignorant to say rap artists have no talent. A few of them are on equal par with bob dylan for literal value. True myself i do not like rap music but i like to challenge anybody to remember 50-100 songs that have about so many words. I have a friend that is into rap music(hes white) and he writes a lot. But he can freestyle, i dont know many people that can rhyme adlib like that
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..