Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2009, 01:04   #46
God Member

Re: Multiculteral Britain - A No,No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
never happen mancie i reckon, too many sweeteners here.
Well seems that way.. but I thought any sweeteners were applied to the whole of the EU?... do illegal immagrants get more here than the rest of the EU?.. or is it just the fact that Britian is more attractive to these people because of our self proclaimed nation of freedom and tolerance?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2009, 01:04   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I don't blame the French... to be honest I would like to see a video of illegal immagrants trying to jump on lorries in Dover bound for France!..maybe it will happen soon.
They do already....but sadly they come back when they've bought enough booze to bring back and flog.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 01:13   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The bottom line here is these fanatics feed n make the B.N.P. stronger, n the Big Guns in politics are to dumb to see it.
Old 13-03-2009, 01:22   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well seems that way.. but I thought any sweeteners were applied to the whole of the EU?... do illegal immagrants get more here than the rest of the EU?.. or is it just the fact that Britian is more attractive to these people because of our self proclaimed nation of freedom and tolerance?
'According to the Red Cross, barely 1-2% apply for asylum in France. For the rest, Britain is Eldorado, where the streets are paved with gold'

'What, then, is the attraction? First, unlike in France or Germany, refugees who reach Britain instantly acquire the effective status of asylum seeker. While they wait for their cases to be examined, a lengthy process that gives them every chance to disappear, they are housed and fed and given £35 a week, including £25 in vouchers to be exchanged in the shops.
Then, after six months in the country, they can apply for a work permit. But they can easily find work without a permit, because the black economy in Britain is worth some £80bn a year - four times the size of France's. There is no penalty for an employer who hires an illegal immigrant.'

'Ultimately, only one in 40 illegal immigrants to Britain is repatriated.
Better treatment aside, perhaps the most appealing aspect of life in Britain is its lack of that continental institution, the national identity card. In Britain, nobody has the right to ask you for your papers unless they suspect you of having committed an offence. You can live and work in Britain without the constant fear of a tap on the shoulder.'

Why refugees prefer Britain to France | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 13-03-2009, 01:33   #50
God Member

well one things for sure the BNP do not have a multicutural policy for Britain.. before they evolved from the NF they were more about the race/colour in Britian..these days hopefuly most people see hardly any cutural difference between black,white,asian etc so it boils down to religion and very different standards.
Old 13-03-2009, 01:38   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'According to the Red Cross, barely 1-2% apply for asylum in France. For the rest, Britain is Eldorado, where the streets are paved with gold'

'What, then, is the attraction? First, unlike in France or Germany, refugees who reach Britain instantly acquire the effective status of asylum seeker. While they wait for their cases to be examined, a lengthy process that gives them every chance to disappear, they are housed and fed and given £35 a week, including £25 in vouchers to be exchanged in the shops.

Why refugees prefer Britain to France | World news | guardian.co.uk
How can you disappear when you get £35 +£25 from the Government?..are you saying they still get this payment?.. if so then I can't see how they are not tracked..the mexican geezer did not get the status of asylum..

Last edited by Mancie; 13-03-2009 at 01:45.
Old 13-03-2009, 01:40   #52
Give, give, give member

Quote:
How can you disappear when you get £35 +£25 from the Government?..are you saying they still get this payment?.. if so then I can't see how you are not tracked.
I'm not saying, the Guardian is.

Though if people disappear to work illegally they won't be getting benefits, and so won't be traceable.

Old 13-03-2009, 01:49   #53
God Member

Quote:
How can you disappear when you get £35 +£25 from the Government?..are you saying they still get this payment?.. if so then I can't see how they are not tracked..the mexican geezer did not get the status of asylum..
Soz for the edit..but I reckon the mainland of Europe have a bigger problem with Immagrants than we do... that don't make it better here but I do have the inkling that we do proclaim ourselves as the Nation of tolerance and a refuge for all ..... do you think we should cahnge our stance?
Old 13-03-2009, 01:54   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well i certainly think we should.
Old 13-03-2009, 02:42   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
All of the European Union live by the same rules allegedly.Trouble is we stick by them and the rest of Europe pick and choose. The bits that they like they keep and the ones they don't they ignore.

Our gov.ministers let them get away with it We, like it or not are the laughing stock of Europe,all the Europeans I know and there are many think we have all gone soft.

They could well be right.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 02:51   #56
God Member

I do not believe we are the laughing stock of europe... there is someway that we seem to volunteer to put ourselves down... it maybe time to think of the whole country as a force in europe and the rest of the world..but the dread brigade like to sit on the past and talk themselves into a rotten Britian...according to most posts on here we are done..beaten... but then you are coffin dodgers!
Old 13-03-2009, 04:39   #57
God Member

Quote:
I do not believe we are the laughing stock of europe... there is someway that we seem to volunteer to put ourselves down... it maybe time to think of the whole country as a force in europe and the rest of the world..but the dread brigade like to sit on the past and talk themselves into a rotten Britian...according to most posts on here we are done..beaten... but then you are coffin dodgers!
I agree with some of what you say .... but the coffin dodgers aren't the threat .... think about it, we all know what the threat is; and I think that is the point of the whole thread.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 10:21   #58
Senior Member+

Yes the problem is the way that Islam appears to allow for the growth of extreamists, and because they basically try to operate under the banner of Islam nobody feels safe in directly critisizing this. Is the Islamic culture as a whole, capable of co-existing or perhaps playing "second fiddle" in a Country with a totally different culture base? Or is it a culture that has to be the dominant force. Most other cultures seem to be able to tolerate diversity in quite a good way, i'm really not sure that Islam or the way some interpret Islam does. Again, one should question why Britain seems so popular to them. Surely, on the face of it other countries such as Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Turkey would appear to offer them a more familiar lifestyle base than we do in Britain, yet they are drawn to us as if by a giant magnet! We've basically had a near on open door policy for far to long, and its going to bite us on the Bum!! Part of it may indeed be our own problem because our our Island Nation status, but at the end of the day it is Our Island, and we've a right to express our thoughts and fears. We've always been wary of invasion, and thats perhaps what we are frightened of now...Invasion By Stealth!! Perhaps certain people, many politicians included are rather indifferent to this situation, maybe because they are isolated from any other culture than their own, for much of their day to day lives. I think its fair to say that we, in this part of Lancashire, have our fingers on the pulse, a little bit more than they have, and can perhaps see things now, that others will only start to see in years to come. Yes Multiculturalism is certainly here now, but does it work, and is it likely to work in the future in this Country? We live closely together around here, but in all honesty do we really mix with each other, relate to each other, spend a great deal of time with each other, by choice? Or are we too different?.

Best Regards - Taggy

Last edited by Taggy; 13-03-2009 at 10:23.
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 11:00   #59
God Member

Quote:
Maybe......but not dead from the neck up.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 11:18   #60
Resting in Peace

Re: Multicultural Britain - A No,No?

According to figures released by the United Nations, Britain is heading to become Europe's biggest population,

Its envisaged that annual net populations migration for he period 2010-2050 will be

USA 1,1m
Canada 214,000
GB 174,000
Spain 170,000
Italy 159,00
Germany 110,000
Austria 100,000
France 100,000

The most crowded country in Europe with people per Square Km are:-

England 395
Holland 393
Belgium 341
Germany 232
Italy 195
Luxembourg 177
Czech Rep 129
Denmark 126
Poland 118
Portugal 114
France 111

Looks like this little country of ours is getting just a bit crowded to say the least, we've got to draw a line somewhere or the bloody place will sink

Last edited by jaysay; 13-03-2009 at 11:23.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
when in rome!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..