Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2017, 16:18   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: murder of dogs in jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Who has said that these dogs were a threat to human life.
Some of the dogs which have been exterminated were family pets. No attempts were made to find out if they were strays or pets.
And if a dog is a threat to human life, then yes, it should be put down, but this should be done humanely.
As I said,how we treat animals is indicative of how society and civilisation has fallen.
Did I say it shouldn't be put down humanely?

Take a look at the title of this hysterical thread, aimed at the heartstrings of people who consider dogs to be equal in the food chain, they are not.

I would never consider putting a useful friendly obedient disease free dog down, however I get ****ed off when someone describes their (the dogs) death as murder, we can kill dogs humanely or otherwise it may be a disgusting act when it isn't needed but it can never be murder, that is the act of one human depriving the life of another human, they are dogs, no need to be over the top with the description.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2017, 16:18   #32
Beacon of light

From the point that even pet dogs (there was no attempt to determine whether these animals were feral or pets...residents were reporting that their animals had been shot indiscriminately)were exterminated in an inhumane way.
And yes I realise that the Middle East has a different type of society.

If an animal is a danger to humans then of course it has to be dealt with, but surely this can be done humanely.
That this was not done, it is a measure of the society in that country.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 16:27   #33
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Did I say it shouldn't be put down humanely?

Take a look at the title of this hysterical thread, aimed at the heartstrings of people who consider dogs to be equal in the food chain, they are not.

I would never consider putting a useful friendly obedient disease free dog down, however I get ****ed off when someone describes their (the dogs) death as murder, we can kill dogs humanely or otherwise it may be a disgusting act when it isn't needed but it can never be murder, that is the act of one human depriving the life of another human, they are dogs, no need to be over the top with the description.
No Less, you did not...can you point me to the post where you think I did?
I know I am getting on in years, but I cannot remember posting that.

I was just making the point that any cull(because that is what it was) should be carried out humanely.
Maybe you disagree with how the cull has been described/worded.
It was just a way of someone bringing to the attention of those who may know nothing of this, to the fore.

You may consider it to be inconsequential, but the forum needs new threads.
It is fast becoming a forum which is mainly about football.
For some that may be acceptable, but for others it holds little or no interest.
Old 15-12-2017, 16:29   #34

Quote:
it is a measure of the society in that country.
Of course it is, but there are societies that murder people on a far more regular basis and often not as humanely.

Lets get real, we are a **** species.
Old 15-12-2017, 16:33   #35
Beacon of light

Yes, Less...I live in the real world too.
If these societies think nothing of human life, we cannot really expect them to value the lives of animals.
That does not make it right.
(And before you say anything, I am not saying/implying that you think it is)
Old 15-12-2017, 16:36   #36
Beacon of light

Wasn't it Edmund Burke who said ' For evil to triumph, all it takes is a good man to stand by and do nothing'?
Old 15-12-2017, 16:45   #37

Quote:
Wasn't it Edmund Burke who said ' For evil to triumph, all it takes is a good man to stand by and do nothing'?
Perhaps it was, but maybe some good man is out there taking up arms against diseased dogs and being criticised for it by people that wear their hearts on their sleeves?

We are lucky our dogs in general don't suffer major infections nor do they usually bite the hand that feeds them, but, we have plenty of folk here that treat them horrifically. Lets sort our own cruelty out?

Wasn't it Christ that said 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'?

we have a bad record ourselves, if we hadn't we wouldn't need the R.S.P.C.A. Battersea dogs home and all the other places neglected animals unfortunately get dumped on.
Old 15-12-2017, 16:55   #38
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right Less, but Barrie thinks that we have an admirable record for taking care of our animals.(and it is not right if that good man is not doing the right thing be dealing with these animals humanely)
And I agree that we need to sort out our own cruelty issues...there was a recent case on Nelson street in Accrington where a man left a cat and a dog to starve to death.
That is not right, but then neither is it right that the plight of animals in other countries can be ignored.
While this story obviously did not pluck at your heart strings(and this is not to say you are heartless), it has proved a topic on which people have posted, so it struck a chord with them.
cashman and hilleluk like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 15-12-2017 at 16:57.
Old 15-12-2017, 17:02   #39

Quote:
Yes, you are right Less, but Barrie thinks that we have an admirable record for taking care of our animals.
And I agree that we need to sort out our own cruelty issues...there was a recent case on Nelson street in Accrington where a man left a cat and a dog to starve to death.
That is not right, but then neither is it right that the plight of animals in other countries can be ignored.
While this story obviously did not pluck at your heart strings(and this is not to say you are heartless), it has proved a topic on which people have posted, so it struck a chord with them.
I was plucked far more than a harp next to those tranquil gates to enter heaven, however I disagree with going overboard in the way the thread starter did with their title that was over the top and unneeded, we don't need such tripe.
Old 15-12-2017, 17:05   #40
Beacon of light

The thread starter did it in his own way.
It might not have been the way that you would have put it.
Old 15-12-2017, 17:55   #41

Quote:
The thread starter did it in his own way.
It might not have been the way that you would have put it.
As usual you are right, it isn't how I would have put it I would also have looked for a link that put it in a factual rather than emotive manner.

We all know there is wrong in the world there is also bias, we are just as guilty as any Muslim in the way we treat animals where cruelty and ignorance is allowed to dominate, as can be read in many an email or on twisted web sites.
Old 16-12-2017, 10:14   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I was plucked far more than a harp next to those tranquil gates to enter heaven, however I disagree with going overboard in the way the thread starter did with their title that was over the top and unneeded, we don't need such tripe.
how is stating a fact going overboard. is not killing an animal for no good reason unless is forms a danger to you is not murder then i do not know what is. a life of an animal is important to them and to plenty of pet owners throught the world. will not apologise for anything to do with animal cruelty. just do not read it.
cashman and hilleluk like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 10:50   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
how is stating a fact going overboard. is not killing an animal for no good reason unless is forms a danger to you is not murder then i do not know what is. a life of an animal is important to them and to plenty of pet owners throught the world. will not apologise for anything to do with animal cruelty. just do not read it.
Have to agree 100% wi that.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 16-12-2017, 15:42   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
Where is the fact? We only have an email to base this thread on it wasn't repeated in the thread so we have no solid basis that makes this a fact.

As usual I have to state that I abhor any unnecessary harm being applied to any animal, however I will not give way to sentiment that isn't backed by facts.

Why shouldn't I read it? How can I avoid misspent sentiment it's posted so I read it, no problem, then I give my opinion, am I not allowed to?

Let me shout it at you.

I DO NOT CONSIDER ANY ANIMAL CRUELTY TO BE A HUMANE THING.

However I do not consider an ill thought out thread with no proof to be worthy of much consideration, post proof not sentiment.

Last edited by Less; 16-12-2017 at 15:47.
Old 16-12-2017, 16:23   #45
Beacon of light

Less if you want a link to the story here you are.
https://networkforanimals.org/petiti...n-the-country/
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..