Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2007, 18:36   #181
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Music Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Hi chaps !
Sorry I've not been on in ages. I got a job at Boots before the store closed the other week;the company are blaming "unviable rents" . Make your own minds up on that one but given the number of empty units in town and the possibility of negotiating with the landlords I am more than a bit dubious ! The staff have ben made redundant yet again;all a bit odd since only 4 weeks ago the regional manager was offering me money to stay.
It's very sad not only for the town but for the team who came back into the business when Music Zone shut and we all thought it as going to be ok.
I haven't worked with a nicer bunch of people and I wish Vicky,Andrew,Christian,Neil and Michelle all the very best.
shame, glad you got fixed up linds. prob see you in boots, its the only shop in accy that sells me nasher cleaner.
Old 23-04-2007, 18:39   #182
Senior Member+

Am not there yet;still doing my training ! Another 5 weeks before I take the helm in Accy !
Old 23-04-2007, 18:57   #183
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Am not there yet;still doing my training ! Another 5 weeks before I take the helm in Accy !

So Accy is safe for a while yet then.

Good luck Lindsay and I hope it works out ok.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 20:19   #184
God Member

Good luck in your new job Lindsey - real shame about the way you've been treated first by Music Zone & then by Fopps but hopefully it's all turned around for you now.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 22:36   #185
Give, give, give member

Good luck in your new job Lindsay.

If Boots goes bust within the next few weeks we'll know it's you, and that you're jinxed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 22:40   #186
Resident Waffler

Good luck with the new job Lindsay - real shame about Music Zone though but I can believe it about the rents because other retailers have had the same grumble.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 22:53   #187
God Member

Good luck in your new job Lindsay Hope all the other staff have managed to get sorted out too

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..