Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 16:32   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Music Zone

yeah the company closes down and all the stuff thats left gets sold cheap-only reason why i have a computer at the moment is cos a company called dugdale davies went bust last year and they auctioned all there stuff off-got my comp,a printer and loads of cartridges for £20 altogether
its sad, its happening alot now.i know loads of people who were made redundant for this reason.Its mainly because its so much cheaper to get stuff produced abroad then shipped over here.

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2007, 16:35   #17
Senior Member+

so there's gonna b some cheap dvd's goin eh?

i feel sorry for the staff

on a different note - i drove past glynwebb and they're reopening apparently after a store refit

or its gonna b a totally differnt store
Old 05-01-2007, 18:23   #18
God Member

When I was in town on Wednesday Music Zone was closed with a sign on the door saying 'Closed due to technical problems' then in the LET it said about the chain going into administration but that they were looking for a buyer & the shops would remain open for the time being. Really hope it doesn't go out of business.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 18:35   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Hang on a minute while I order my Olympian Breakfast from Little Chef Online

You might laugh but you can order Dominoes pizzas online!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 18:57   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
Hang on just been looking on the pizza hut website and they have a delivery menu online!! Yippeeeee!!!! I never have to leave the house again.
You can order pizza/kebabs online locally (Abbey Street)

www.santaspizza.com

haven't tried it yet but its free delivery over £7 as well
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 19:04   #21
Senior Member+

My mate was in MZ this morning & said the sale was even better than the ones they usually have Problem for me is i'm flat broke after Crimbo
Old 05-01-2007, 19:52   #22
God Member

It would be a real shame to see this shop go, we have very few decent shops in Accy.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 18:37   #23
Senior Member+

Afraid it's all true folks;yet more classic mis-management from on high that will probably see our 4 full timers and 2 part timers out of a job by the end of the month. The administrators are looking for a buyer,and to be honest the Accy shop has a decent chance of finding one as we actually make money here! But having been in the same boat just 3 years ago when the same thing happened to Our Price I am not being too optimistic and have just been working on my cv. It's really sad as we had a great Christmas and actually would have won a flatscreen tv and £500 for our efforts if this hadn't just happened. 3 of us in the store have will have been made redundant twice in 3 years if it all goes down the pan.
Needless to say if anyone else tells me to "cheer up" in the shop I will not be responsible for my actions!
(and to top all , the child's rabbit died on Thursday!)
Old 06-01-2007, 19:20   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
Oh no!! It can't close down. Always buy my chart Cd's & Dvd's from Asda. Coz its cheaper. But I have quite strange taste in music & films, so its good for the obscure stuff, including the rare Hed Khandi stuff. If it shuts down then i'll have to go to HMV which I really dont want to do, as its expensive.

Looks like i'll be shopping online in future then.
So you won't support it when you buy chart stuff but want it there for the eclectic stuff. and you wonder why its shutting down???

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 19:48   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
So you won't support it when you buy chart stuff but want it there for the eclectic stuff. and you wonder why its shutting down???
whats wrong with that...different folks, different tastes...the world would be a boring place if we all had the same tastes in music etc....
one mans meat and all that...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 21:24   #26
God Member

I think you've mis understood my post. I said that they wouldn't buy the chart stuff there because ASDA is a bit cheaper yet they winge when the shop closes so they can't buy their 'obscure' stuff. I'm quite happy that people listen to 'different' music. I'm a big fan of a massive range of music myself

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 22:25   #27
Senior Member+

Lindsay,i'll support you & your staff all the way,you do the music loving people of Accy a great service.But if the **** does hit the fan can you stick me an Editors t-shirt under the counter Only jokinng,all the best.P.S.....Large please
Old 06-01-2007, 23:11   #28
Give, give, give member

I wouldn't dare tell you to cheer up now Lindsay, but just take comfort in the fact if they don't get a buyer, someone with your considerable skills should be bloody well snapped up straight away by some other company.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 23:19   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I wouldn't dare tell you to cheer up now Lindsay, but just take comfort in the fact if they don't get a buyer, someone with your considerable skills should be bloody well snapped up straight away by some other company.
EAR'hear,but go it alone Lynds,get a business loan or whatever,the townsfolk need a music outlet like i know you want to be involved in,and you know the town wants it.Gis a job
Old 06-01-2007, 23:24   #30
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
EAR'hear,but go it alone Lynds,get a business loan or whatever,the townsfolk need a music outlet like i know you want to be involved in,and you know the town wants it.Gis a job
Good idea.

Put your sugar Daddy in a soap, and start up your own business with the dosh.

(I nearly said there could be a whole chain across the northwest of 'Lindsay's 12" Speciality' shops, forgetting of course that it's all cds and downloads now.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..