Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 10:31   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Music Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Did there used to be two of those or was one an adult video shop? I just recall the sign saying "enter round the back"

No comment.

I shall leave another comic to play the straight man to that line.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2007, 17:58   #47

As Julian Clary always likes to say " I do like a warm hand on my entrance" or maybe it refered to the jailer in Monty Python's Life of Brian who said "We've got lumps of it round the back"
Old 08-01-2007, 21:52   #48
Junior Member+

I hear the "new" shop opening in market way opposite "cash generator" is going to be yet another charity shop. If so how come a so called charity shop afford the rent and rates. By the way these shops are owned by a private company and only the business rates are set by the council. The council sold the land when they knocked down the old market.
Old 11-01-2007, 17:12   #49
Senior Member+

Well here some news gleaned from the tight lips of the administrators;all bids for the Music Zone chain have to be in by this Saturday so we should know if we have a buyer or not by early next week.Fingers crossed as the job market doesn't look like an appealing place at the moment!
Old 11-01-2007, 17:18   #50
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
No comment.

I shall leave another comic to play the straight man to that line.
i can only recall 2 sex shops in accy , one on blackburn road and one on kings street i think it is where the observer used to be based

teh latter if you look through the letter box says peep on it when you look through lol

i know this because i used to deliver papers to it but never got so much as a dirty mag for a christmas tip
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 15:25   #51
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Well here some news gleaned from the tight lips of the administrators;all bids for the Music Zone chain have to be in by this Saturday so we should know if we have a buyer or not by early next week.Fingers crossed as the job market doesn't look like an appealing place at the moment!
Fingers crossed for you and the rest of the staff. And for us inhabitants of Accy too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 15:33   #52
God Member

I nipped in the other day and noticed Back to the Future Trilogy for £12 odd, I thought oww that's cheap, took it to the counter it wasn't £12 odd like it was marked up, it was actually £19 odd.

Made mthead chuckle though when I said it's the best way to make it look like you have a sale on, mark all the products wrong and only tell the customer when they get to the till
Old 14-01-2007, 15:37   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
I nipped in the other day and noticed Back to the Future Trilogy for £12 odd, I thought oww that's cheap, took it to the counter it wasn't £12 odd like it was marked up, it was actually £19 odd.

Made mthead chuckle though when I said it's the best way to make it look like you have a sale on, mark all the products wrong and only tell the customer when they get to the till
Tinks,don't know wether you bought it or not but i'd have kicked up a bit of a stink if i went to buy something at the marked price then found they wanted more at the counter.Thats just not on.
Old 14-01-2007, 15:39   #54
Resident Waffler

Isn't there some sort of rule about selling things at the advertised price?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 15:41   #55
God Member

I know and if I was on my own I would have done but mthead doesn't like things like that, He won't even let me barter prices I didn't want to traumatise him to much

Yes I did buy it, it's still not that bad. All 3 films and a bonus disc for just under £20
Old 14-01-2007, 15:50   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know and if I was on my own I would have done but mthead doesn't like things like that, He won't even let me barter prices I didn't want to traumatise him to much

Yes I did buy it, it's still not that bad. All 3 films and a bonus disc for just under £20
Out of curiosity does anyone ever watch these bonus discs with all the extras on I know i dont,got the Terminator set with all the making of bits on,it would have taken a month to watch it all Just give me the film,no frills thank you
Old 14-01-2007, 15:54   #57
God Member

LOL! No I never watch them.

Although .... I do have a number of music DVD's with bonus discs were the band are giving interviews, I do sit through those.
Old 14-01-2007, 15:59   #58
Senior Member+

Thats another one,music dvd's.I have several,but watch them once & they're stashed away,whereas the album/cd i'll play over & over again.I suppose it's like the live gig it's a one/off experience.
Old 14-01-2007, 16:03   #59
God Member

Hmmm, I have to say that I have my favourite music DVD's that are watched regularly, at least once a week. I usually put them on at weekends when I'm on the pc, it's background music and something to watch when it's quiet on accyweb
Old 14-01-2007, 16:09   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hmmm, I have to say that I have my favourite music DVD's that are watched regularly, at least once a week. I usually put them on at weekends when I'm on the pc, it's background music and something to watch when it's quiet on accyweb
Fair enough, i just don't share your'e enthusiasm for them.The music alone will do me,without the visuals

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..