Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2007, 16:18   #61

Re: Music Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
i can only recall 2 sex shops in accy , one on blackburn road and one on kings street i think it is where the observer used to be based

teh latter if you look through the letter box says peep on it when you look through lol

i know this because i used to deliver papers to it but never got so much as a dirty mag for a christmas tip
LOL... im devastated for your ungiving tip lol.

I ust to do a paper round but quit just 1 week before xmas tips - something i still dont get about me !! lol
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2007, 16:37   #62
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Tinks,don't know wether you bought it or not but i'd have kicked up a bit of a stink if i went to buy something at the marked price then found they wanted more at the counter.Thats just not on.

Legally a retailer can sell at any price they want, regardless of what a product is marked at.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 16:41   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Legally a retailer can sell at any price they want, regardless of what a product is marked at.
BA*****S
Old 14-01-2007, 16:47   #64
God Member

So is it just an urban myth that the retailer has to honour the price if that's what it's marked up as, even if it was a mistake?
Old 14-01-2007, 16:55   #65
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
So is it just an urban myth that the retailer has to honour the price if that's what it's marked up as, even if it was a mistake?
Afraid so.

Anyone planning to peel off the price off a tin of beans, and stick it on a top of the range flat screen telly, you have been warned.

Old 14-01-2007, 17:02   #66
Give, give, give member

'What if something is marked with the wrong price?
If something is wrongly marked with a lower price, you can’t insist on buying it at that price. The law says that a retailer can refuse to sell anything to you, at any price, without giving a reason. But if a retailer sells you something at too low a price by mistake, they can’t later make you pay the extra, unless they can show you knew the price was wrong.'

http://www.clsdirect.org.uk/legalhel...tion=4&lang=en

Old 14-01-2007, 17:07   #67
I am Banned

Bloody hell so that means retailers can make ridiculous claims in order to get custom or sale only to find out different at the counter & some people end up buying to save face. Same thing happened in woolies a marked down price then upon scanning was higher & i told them to get stuffed if they aint selling it at the marked price & a lecture loud enough to boot then walk out to get it elsewhere!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 17:11   #68
Give, give, give member

It works both ways though. If they charge you less for something, say ringing into the till or credit card machine £1.99 instead of £199.00 for a telly, they can't legally charge you the difference afterwards.

Old 14-01-2007, 17:17   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It works both ways though. If they charge you less for something, say ringing into the till or credit card machine £1.99 instead of £199.00 for a telly, they can't legally charge you the difference afterwards.
OK, but not many cashiers are so ready to lose their jobs,as no doubt they would for an error like that(i know it's only an example).Does it mean that those who mark up lower & sell at an higher price get promoted Should be a case for trading standards if you ask me.
Old 14-01-2007, 17:18   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
OK, but not many cashiers are so ready to lose their jobs,as no doubt they would for an error like that(i know it's only an example).Does it mean that those who mark up lower & sell at an higher price get promoted Should be a case for trading standards if you ask me.

Errors like that happen every day.

Old 16-01-2007, 19:40   #71
Senior Member+

Trading standards will quite happily back the retailer,we can withdraw an item from sale at any time if it has been priced up wrong.The main issue is people swapping the prices;it happens a lot.If it's a genuine mistake by us and only a couple of quid I will usually override the price to whats on the packaging but if it's more I have to refuse the sale.Mistakes happen,especially over the Xmas period with temps in and I am sure most are mistakes.
Either way it's nice to have our priorities right here;a few quid on a dvd or the jobs of 6 staff and your only music store down the pan. The administrators closed 31 of our stores yesterday including Bolton and Oldham,I have no doubt we will be on the next closure list.
So to the saddos who keep asking me "when do you shut ?" and the t*t who said today "so your shutting down,that's cool" me and my team say...GET A LIFE! Stop whining at us that you will have to go to Blackburn now;it's not our fault! By the way my redundancy will be less than a months wage.

(rant over ,more beer required )
Old 16-01-2007, 19:57   #72
Resident Waffler

sad to hear that it doesn't sound like you've got a buyer, a real shame.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 19:58   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Either way it's nice to have our priorities right here;a few quid on a dvd or the jobs of 6 staff and your only music store down the pan.
I hope that wasn't directed at me, I've spent a fair enough amount of cash in Music Zone since it opened. As I already said £20 for The Trilogy wasn't bad or I wouldn't have paid ... simple as that and it made us chuckle.

I sympathise with the situation but blame the internet Lindsay, it's the music download websites that are running music stores into the ground. Yes I use them too but usually as a taster for listening to a newly recommended band but if I like what I hear on download a CD can't be beaten for quality.
Old 16-01-2007, 20:01   #74
Senior Member+

made a mistake double post
Old 16-01-2007, 20:04   #75

So, Maxwell Silver, you pretend to have an ounce of decency by saying things like "it's really bad that your shop is closing" , ask in a cheeky chappie half serious way if Lindsay can get you a cheap Editors t-shirt and a Queen Sheer Heart Attack CD (and I believe you went into her shop and purchased it) then slag her and her staff off because of a simple error and start talking about getting trading standards involved. I trust you've never made an error at work????? Don't you think her and her staff have one or two more important things on their minds.....like redundancy? YOU DISGUST ME AND YES IT'S ME TAKING KARMA OFF YOU.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..