Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 23:07   #1
Senior Member+

n power 1st to go up this year

N power have got in 1st this year to up their prices, gas is due to go up by 17.5 % and electric by 12.5 % depending on where you live, the rest of the suppliers are due to put theirs up aswell. now we were told that by cutting down on the amount of fuel we use will save us money and cut down our carbon footprint. so we cut our usage and the suppliers up the price, its not fair really is it, i would put up a link but i dont know how to sorry
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2008, 23:10   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: n power 1st to go up this year

watched it on the news jacky, think its as well hanging on to see what the rest of these rip-off merchants do.
Old 04-01-2008, 23:13   #3

Notice how wages and benefits dont rise by the same amount to cover the added costs. How the hell are people who are struggling already, supposed to cope. Really annoys me this.
Old 04-01-2008, 23:16   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yer quite correct speedy, but the power suppliers do not give a monkeys how people cope.
Old 04-01-2008, 23:37   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It's simple isn't it. Everyone who is currently with Npower should switch to someone else immediately. Then they will have no customers at all. That would prompt them to reduce the price or shut up shop.
Old 04-01-2008, 23:47   #6

But surely then all the other companies would put prices up due to high demand.
Old 04-01-2008, 23:54   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's simple isn't it. Everyone who is currently with Npower should switch to someone else immediately. Then they will have no customers at all. That would prompt them to reduce the price or shut up shop.
thats true, but like with the i aint gonna pay the poll tax,lol people in general are "barrack room lawyers"
Old 04-01-2008, 23:57   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
But surely then all the other companies would put prices up due to high demand.
I would have thought the other companies would be able to drop prices buy virtue of having a larger customer base, the rest will jump on the bandwagon tho...shop around thats all we can do
Old 05-01-2008, 00:01   #9
Senior Member+

i am with N power and they have been fine up to now, i dont like the service we got from BG or powergen, theres not many more out there left to try, do the suppliers actually buy the fuel from another source or are they actually producing it themselves?, they say its to cover costs of the rise in the price of fuel, but surely they are making a profit from the price hike too?
Old 05-01-2008, 00:05   #10

I dont understand what difference there is between the companies? If your gas and leccy are working and they are reasonably priced then surely they are a good company? So where do the not pleased with service problems come from?
Old 05-01-2008, 00:23   #11
Senior Member+

the customer services that promises to sort out the duplicate bills you have recieved or the wrong meter readings or the red letters you get even though you have paid the bill months before, and the time you have to wait just to get through to C/S is a joke
Old 05-01-2008, 00:26   #12

Ah i understand, so its not to do with the actual products they are supplying, its the customer case thats the issue.
Old 05-01-2008, 00:30   #13
Senior Member+

its all part of the service that you are paying for, it was so much easier when i had prepayment meters, no bills to deal with
Old 05-01-2008, 00:47   #14
God Member

I have lived at this address 5 1/2 yrs and have swopped 5 times - its easy - I have heard that it might become compulsory to stay with a company a year before you can swop.

Prepayment meters always havee the highest tarriff

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:59   #15
God Member

we`ve been with Scottish Power for about 8 years and have been very happy,i`m always looking to swap but when i enter my details on the various sites Scottish power always come back as the cheapest, energy prices rise every year (as does everthing else..EXCEPT WAGES grrrr) apart from last year when the price cuts appeared along with a mass marketing campaign( which we don`t get whenthe prices go up), price cuts don`t fool anybody , we knew last year that this year they would want their money back!!! RIP of britain continues!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..