Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2013, 14:48   #1

National Lottery

Is anyone still doing the Lottery? The reason I ask is that since the ticket price went up to £2.00 there is hardly any increase in the jackpot. So it seems that lots of people have stopped doing it. Also they have introduced prizes of £20000 to 100 players each week.But who are these winners as there is no list telling us.I feel that Camelot have made a big mistake in all this and I am seriously considering pulling out of it. Does anyone agree?
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2013, 14:51   #2
Senior Member+

Re: National Lottery

I still do it, used to get 4 lucky dips on a Saturday, now I get 2.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 15:28   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I stopped when it was increased,on principle was brassed off also wi a lot of the crap it funds n good things it don't.
Old 25-11-2013, 15:32   #4
Senior Member+

I stopped when it went up. I do the Health Lottery now
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 16:04   #5

I gave up in the first year. I didn't have a single win, not even a tenner. I'll stick to Premium Bonds. At least you get your stake back.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 16:17   #6
God Member

i dont play it regular i just do an occasional euro lottery when its a big one

richard branson offered to run the national lottery on two occassions as a non proffit deal yet the americans still got to run it and make money for themselves

im pretty sure a lot more causes could be helped if the percentage camalot take was used as well but im sure hands were greased and envolopes of cash exchanged to make sure camalot got and remained able to keep the contract

very nice also for camalot to increase the price of teh lottery knowing that times are hard and more people are gioing to be tempted to try their luck

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 16:35   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

richard branson offered to run the national lottery on two occassions as a non proffit deal yet the americans still got to run it and make money for themselves

im pretty sure a lot more causes could be helped if the percentage camalot take was used as well
Surprisingly Camelot is totally owned by a Canadian teachers pension fund so 'Good on you' Eric. Canadian pension funds own quite a lot of UK businesses.
They were only supposed to take 5% of the total takings of which half a percent was profit, 4.5% running costs. So their charges don't seem excessive, it's where a lot of the money that annoys me.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 17:33   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

National Lottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I stopped when it was increased,on principle was brassed off also wi a lot of the crap it funds n good things it don't.
I used to do two lucky dips on a Sat', now I do one occasionally, they've basically cut down on the chances for getting the jackpot.
Now we seem to have one entry for the lottery & one entry for a raffle ticket max prize £20,000.
Not exactly, value for doubling the price is it?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 18:12   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I still do it, used to get 4 lucky dips on a Saturday, now I get 2.
Me too Dave
Old 25-11-2013, 18:14   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Is anyone still doing the Lottery? The reason I ask is that since the ticket price went up to £2.00 there is hardly any increase in the jackpot. So it seems that lots of people have stopped doing it. Also they have introduced prizes of £20000 to 100 players each week.But who are these winners as there is no list telling us.I feel that Camelot have made a big mistake in all this and I am seriously considering pulling out of it. Does anyone agree?
The 100 20,000 are named on the lottery web site Jim
Old 25-11-2013, 18:59   #11

Yes Jay. The numbers are on there but how do I know if someone has actually won £20000,if their names are not listed.I want to see 100 names otherwise I will suspect that a lot of £20000 prizes have gone into the back pockets of Camelot directors.I am just naturally suspicious, because it happens all the time where money is concerned.Do you know anyone who has won? No, neither do I !!!
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 19:02   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Me too Dave
Has someone changed my name and not told me.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 19:52   #13

Quote:
Yes Jay. The numbers are on there but how do I know if someone has actually won £20000,if their names are not listed.I want to see 100 names otherwise I will suspect that a lot of £20000 prizes have gone into the back pockets of Camelot directors.I am just naturally suspicious, because it happens all the time where money is concerned.Do you know anyone who has won? No, neither do I !!!
All lotto winners of the lottery have a right for anonymity irrespective if theyve won £25 or £150 million. I understand that all non claimed prizes are added to the good causes fund
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 09:01   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I stopped when it went up. I do the Health Lottery now

I also do the health lottery twice a week. Still £1 a line and have had better luck with this one. Only small wins but better than nothing.
Old 26-11-2013, 18:28   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well if I won you wouldn't see my name nor a lot more, I know a lot of people who tick the no publicity box on the ticket

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..