Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2015, 12:36   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Nazi salute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Maybe I am getting myopic in my dotage?
But what public outcry?

As Tommy Docherty says "Yesterdays chip papers"
No,pure exaggeration on my behalf,i should of known better than to think i could get away with such a over statement

I hope it's a busy chippy as Murdock struggled to give his rag away not that long ago

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2015, 12:59   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Lets just wait and see what comes out next
Front page of tomorrows Sun newspaper:-

Lieutenant woofer does nazi salute

image.jpg

password--Accyweb
Old 20-07-2015, 13:40   #33
Beacon of light

It isn't really news.
Now if the queen were to go out onto the balcony of Buck House and give the Nazi Salute next time there is some public celebration......she could be censured...but then given her advanced years we would probably decide she had succumbed to dementia.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 18:45   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
if the queen were to go out onto the balcony of Buck House and give the Nazi Salute
Wouldn't that be more showing of their true colours M?
Didn't they change the family name to Windsor to sound more English or have I been reading the history section of the Beano again?

“I shall go to the theatre tonight and enjoy the Merry Wives of Saxe Coburg Gotha.”

password--Accyweb
Old 21-07-2015, 02:40   #35

As initially this thread was started as being a ‘non-story’ I’m not sure why it was started at all. However, as it has been I'll put my two-bob's worth in.

It has been well documented and is common knowledge that some members of the Royal family were at one point in history friendly towards Germany and indeed to Hitler, which has never been denied, but they were definitely not Nazi sympathisers once Hitler, dictator and despot that he proved himself to be, showed his true colours.

This photo was taken a long time ago and so we have the advantage of knowing what happened in the years that followed. During the dark days of the Second World War the Royal family were an inspiration to the people. The King and Queen refused to leave London and go to a safer place, and Gaumont News often showed footage of them visiting the bomb-blasted areas, giving their support to those who had suffered, showing they cared.

A photo of a couple of salutes taken years before the outbreak of the war and well before that particular hand gesture had any evil significance means zilch. The newspaper and any mischief-mongering people who have benefitted from these photos should be held to account.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 04:14   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
As initially this thread was started as being a ‘non-story’ I’m not sure why it was started at all. However, as it has been I'll put my two-bob's worth in.

It has been well documented and is common knowledge that some members of the Royal family were at one point in history friendly towards Germany and indeed to Hitler, which has never been denied, but they were definitely not Nazi sympathisers once Hitler, dictator and despot that he proved himself to be, showed his true colours.

This photo was taken a long time ago and so we have the advantage of knowing what happened in the years that followed. During the dark days of the Second World War the Royal family were an inspiration to the people. The King and Queen refused to leave London and go to a safer place, and Gaumont News often showed footage of them visiting the bomb-blasted areas, giving their support to those who had suffered, showing they cared.

A photo of a couple of salutes taken years before the outbreak of the war and well before that particular hand gesture had any evil significance means zilch. The newspaper and any mischief-mongering people who have benefitted from these photos should be held to account.

Wasn't her Uncle was a Nazi sympathiser tho D?

Didn't hitler go as far as to make plans for him to become king once we had been occupied?

As I'm sure your aware,folk are way too paranoid & PC nowadays.
It wouldn't surprise me if they ban the Union Jack because of a handful of white power types like to wave it about....it's part of our history not a "kill a bunch of brown folk" thing

password--Accyweb
Old 21-07-2015, 08:12   #37
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Wouldn't that be more showing of their true colours M?
Didn't they change the family name to Windsor to sound more English or have I been reading the history section of the Beano again?

“I shall go to the theatre tonight and enjoy the Merry Wives of Saxe Coburg Gotha.”
No,
I do not think it would be showing their true colours.
You cannot change your family history.....where you came from is inescapable, but also nothing you can change(well apart from the name....but a rose etc).
Would you like to be blamed for something you had no part in and could not influence in any way?
Is it fair to blame someone for something their ancestors did......especially if there is nothing in the current history for which they can be blamed?

You have to remember that none of those who deemed Hitler to be a charming man, had any idea what was in the future..... What his plans were for the German nation?

You can rehash this all you like....it changes not one iota of anything.
It certainly does not make me see the Queen in a different light.
She is an old lady....come September she will be the longest surviving monarch of this country.
She has given her life to this country......would I like to swap places with her?
Not a chance. She did not choose to be royal....it was an accident of birth.....and do you know what? I have more trust in her integrity than any politician currently in office.
Old 21-07-2015, 08:17   #38
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Wasn't her Uncle was a Nazi sympathiser tho D?

Didn't hitler go as far as to make plans for him to become king once we had been occupied?

As I'm sure your aware,folk are way too paranoid & PC nowadays.
It wouldn't surprise me if they ban the Union Jack because of a handful of white power types like to wave it about....it's part of our history not a "kill a bunch of brown folk" thing
He may have been a nazi sympathiser, but this was before everything was known about Hitlers evil intent.
There is no way that the Union flag will be banned......and the easiest way for bad men to succeed is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

And this post quoted above is just a distractionary diversion, it has little relevance to the subject.
Being PC and the flag has nothing to do with the Sun and its slurs against the Royal family, past and present.
Old 21-07-2015, 09:00   #39
Senior Member+

Coming through loud and clear M,I'll be quite and let the thread die

password--Accyweb
Old 22-07-2015, 12:19   #40

I for one would not like to be a part of the royal family, all the work they do for the country, what they put up with etc and they get this sort of muck thrown at them for something a child did when she was ickle....

I could never live in a house that's not been decorated for so long, er indoors would not let me off that easily. As for working without pay...lol
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 17:10   #41

BTW - there was a dance called the Siegrfied line - part of this included a nazi salute.
Look at thishttps://
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..