Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2005, 09:31   #1
Junior Member+

Need Advice, EX ARMY or Currently joined.

Ok, so I've decided there's no job's around this general area. The army is my best shot, and leads to plenty of oppertunitys, anyways I signed up to the ARMY PREP COURSE, to be honest I'm really dissapointed and it's not what i expected.

It's way too easy, and basically insulting when they are trying to act REAL, so I really wanna know from someone who's experianced the army themselfs, how difficult is the training, when do you get to be trained in jungle warfare and what firearms are used?

I need to decide quickly I'm not gettin any younger, 17 already just maybe a year or two and many oppertunitys like the army are gonna be closed to me, I reccomend if anyone joins the army don't try the prep course.

PS: I really wanna make the army my life, I just need to know cause once your in your in, unless u buy yourself out.
Old 11-09-2005, 16:34   #2
land of hope and glory

Re: Need Advice, EX ARMY or Currently joined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samael
Ok, so I've decided there's no job's around this general area. The army is my best shot, and leads to plenty of oppertunitys, anyways I signed up to the ARMY PREP COURSE, to be honest I'm really dissapointed and it's not what i expected.

It's way too easy, and basically insulting when they are trying to act REAL, so I really wanna know from someone who's experianced the army themselfs, how difficult is the training, when do you get to be trained in jungle warfare and what firearms are used?

I need to decide quickly I'm not gettin any younger, 17 already just maybe a year or two and many oppertunitys like the army are gonna be closed to me, I reccomend if anyone joins the army don't try the prep course.

PS: I really wanna make the army my life, I just need to know cause once your in your in, unless u buy yourself out.
first you have to learn to crawl before you walk,its like anything in life learning is the process.dont think they are going to throw a gun at you and set you loose with it? do you think you could hack it in the jungle?are you physically and mentally fit? if you want to do it go for it. but remember when your are sent away to fight in another country they are real bullets/bombs.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 16:41   #3
God Member

I have never been in the army but a member of my family has. He joined a sixteen and it became his life to the point that when he left to save his marriage he could not handle it. So I suppose if you are in long enough the army is you and you are the army. If as cashy says you are you physically and mentally fit and wont mind being shot at bomed our having a rumble in the jungle then go and take it by the scruff of the neck and make a life for yourself.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 16:45   #4
Give, give, give member

You lil liar, you told all your chatroom friends you were already a soldier boy!

Don't worry about when you'll be fully preped in jungle warfare. Do however bear in mind that you may be asked to put your life on the line, and fight in a war that you may not believe in, that's the life of a professional soldier.

It could be a greeat way to see the world though, and maybe learn a useful trade for when you come out.

Good luck.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 17:13   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
You lil liar, you told all your chatroom friends you were already a soldier boy!
Tehehehe rindy thats true lol

Also you have to bear in mind of the horrific things you might see aka Iraq, not only are you putting your life on the line you have to maybe witness your conrad/buddy killed & prospect of seeing others killed & its more gory than the films!!

My grandad saw some horrific events in WW2 that haunted him till he died 2 decades later, war isn't nice & you have to not also prepare physically but also mentally too. The army also requires commitment of service & reputation, you dont want to mess with military police either!! Hence they say they turn boys into men.

Keep watching bad lads army mate & ask yourself can you take the heat & strict discipline!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 18:14   #6
Junior Member+

I was in the army (Royal Engineers) for just short of five yrs. Depending upon your exam results and your selection training, will determine which path you will initially follow. I would advise raising your fitness level to a good standard. I found the army life very enjoyable but you must understand that its not for everybody. You are subjected to a high level of disipline and fitness regimes, but once completed life is very satisfing and rewarding. Basically go for it you have nothing to lose and you necessarily won't be sent on active duty or frontline conflict.
Old 12-09-2005, 13:35   #7
Resting in Peace

My step-son has just passed out for the Army and at the moment is learning to drive a car then hopefully will go on to LGV's.

He enjoyed his basic training, but from the dvd we got, it looks hard work and plenty of it. He is 17 nearly 18 and hoping to get posted to Oxford area after his driver training but he could still be sent anywhere. He told me that 2 of the recruits that were with him on passing out were off to Canada to join their RA postings the Monday after they had passed out on the Friday

Fittness both mental and physical very important so think about being shouted at, told what to do and your reaction to that and get hold of some weights to start building yourself up. Before he went in he was able to do 75 sit-ups and 80 press-ups in 2 mins without a rest in between. Think he can now do 90 and 110 in the 2mins.

If you do join up good luck its hard but from what I've seen he loves it
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..