Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2013, 08:43   #76

Re: Nelson Mandela

[QUOTE=DtheP47;1086743] A bit like the AccyWeb I reckon Margaret with a similar quota of incompetents, moral midgets, clowns, lunatics, dirty finger nails* and outright crooks.

You know what they say, DtheP47: "It takes one to know one".
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-12-2013, 09:27   #77
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
So according to you and the Catholic Herald:
Quote:
My conclusion was always the same: a third world country is a country where you cannot trust the police, and where the people of the country loathe and fear their police force.
That's a lot better than the United Nations definition, why did I not think of that.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:37   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
My conclusion was always the same: a third world country is a country where you cannot trust the police, and where the people of the country loathe and fear their police force. ..........................on that basis it makes us a third world country.
Old 09-12-2013, 14:06   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
on that basis it makes us a third world country.
The Chinese certainly think so-'No longer any kind of big country but merely a country of old Europe, suitable for tourism and overseas study'.That's 'The Global Times', the Communist Party's official newspaper. If they say it the political bosses think it.
And that's an opinion that matters a lot in the future.
cashman likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 14:10   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yep but some still think were Great Britain.
Old 09-12-2013, 14:25   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Quote:
My conclusion was always the same: a third world country is a country where you cannot trust the police, and where the people of the country loathe and fear their police force. ..........................on that basis it makes us a third world country.
Really ... surely not the bobbies ...

cashman likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 16:39   #82
Senior Member+

I just wonder, now that Mandela's calming influence has gone, how long before the ANC(which has some rather unsavory people in it) decides they don't need to be a 'Rainbow Nation' any more. The lot of the bulk of its voters hasn't improved much and they know it, freedom doesn't buy food and land. Zimbabwe's extreme solutions may begin to have more and more appeal.
Jim Procter and Barrie Yates like this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 21:14   #83
Senior Member+

the problem is there is no alternative to the ANC
In next years election, the ANC are guaranteed to win.
Its not healthy
cashman likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 13:53   #84
Full Member+

Did anyone see the funky sign language man on stage with all the dignitaries yesterday? He looked like he was translating with attitude. It has just been on BBC News that he was a fake, he was actually stood next to Obama at one point. Bit of an embarrassment for the organisers. Gave me a laugh though.
Old 11-12-2013, 16:59   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Its not healthy

Quite possibly because it is still tribal and the Xhosa are the majority, but people still live in hope. I think you have got it in one.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:22   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Its not healthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Quite possibly because it is still tribal and the Xhosa are the majority, but people still live in hope. I think you have got it in one.
In a nutshell, Twill all kick off big time within 18 months of the ANC being elected i think.
DAV007 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..