Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2022, 16:11   #16
God Member

Re: Net Stupid….

Net hypocrisy, yet again from the UK government.
Isn’t it great we’re weaning ourselves off British coal. Russian coal, transported by diesel powered ships to reach our shores, is just so much more green.

https://order-order.com/2022/03/31/u...-last-2-years/
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2022, 17:31   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Net hypocrisy, yet again from the UK government.
Isn’t it great we’re weaning ourselves off British coal. Russian coal, transported by diesel powered ships to reach our shores, is just so much more green.

https://order-order.com/2022/03/31/u...-last-2-years/
Weaning did you say?

I believe we had something like 400 years worth of reserves of coal left when Thatcher took her revenge on the miners and closed the pits, wasting the North sea oil revenues to do it!

If we gave up the green pretence we could, with open cast, revitalise our coal industry and remove any need for imports, with better quality coal.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 13:28   #18
God Member

doubt even a greenie from their standpoint can agree with importation of coal. far better creating jobs in this country for our workers than giving a helping hand to others especially russia by its rulers recent actions.
taddy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 14:17   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
doubt even a greenie from their standpoint can agree with importation of coal. far better creating jobs in this country for our workers than giving a helping hand to others especially russia by its rulers recent actions.
aye but thats sense dont gel with greenie to me.
Old 01-04-2022, 20:18   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:

Not going to happen mate, they want us in sackcloth shreddies, living in an "Eco" mud hut/yurt, your transport to be the family Donkey (all sharing the same helpings of thistles & carrots for sustenance) & all heating & cooking to be done by using dried out cowpats!
Old 02-04-2022, 09:17   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not going to happen mate, they want us in sackcloth shreddies, living in an "Eco" mud hut/yurt, your transport to be the family Donkey (all sharing the same helpings of thistles & carrots for sustenance) & all heating & cooking to be done by using dried out cowpats!
so you went to Butlins at filey in the 70,s as well.
taddy likes this.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:26   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
so you went to Butlins at filey in the 70,s as well.

Not sure if it was Filey, but I do vaguely recall being traumatised as a child in such a "Fun resort", might even have been a Pontins.

Being from the North West though it was probably somewhere hideous like North Wales.
Old 02-04-2022, 16:57   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Being from the North West though it was probably somewhere hideous like North Wales.
i think you may be talking about the people? the south of wales we found much better and the people more civilised,
Old 02-04-2022, 17:44   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

that has happened to us quite a few times in north wales, to me it just demonstrates the height of IGNORENCE.
Old 03-04-2022, 09:01   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that has happened to us quite a few times in north wales, to me it just demonstrates the height of IGNORENCE.
remember going to wrexham years ago and the seller broke out in welsh and did everything he could to avoid selling me his fanzine which by the way was in english. he looked bemused when i broke into afrikaans just to get my own back. will never forget his smile when i abused him.
Old 14-04-2022, 20:45   #27
God Member

Another massive contribution to our energy supply today from all those windmills. Err, 4% of the demand.
So when Carrie and her pals at Extinction Rebellion get their way, we’d be now sitting in the dark.

https://gridwatch.co.uk/demand
Attached Images
File Type: png 1968E549-3492-460F-ACF9-F4845C3E2178.png (708.4 KB, 6 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2022, 10:43   #28
Beacon of light

I hate those bl**dy useless things and I have said all along that they are inefficient ugly monstrosities.
We are an island we have two tides a day…think of the safe energy that could provide…..no need for risky nuclear.
Yes, I know that tidal generation of energy might be problematic….but surely we have the boffins who could address the issues.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2022, 10:59   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To me EXTINCTION REBELLION are no alls that know nowt just big headed rich gets. if they thought they were wrong they would NEVER admit it.
Less, DaveinGermany and taddy like this.

Last edited by cashman; 15-04-2022 at 11:02.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2022, 11:10   #30
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
we’d be now sitting in the dark.
Ah yes, the mushroom syndrome!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mushr...g%20the%20same.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..