Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2016, 20:47   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: New Bus Station

They are probably looking for bus companies prepared to use it.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:20   #47
Always EVIL within us

As from today, the Accrington bus station is open. and ALL of the bus companies are to use it.
They held an "Open Day" last Thursday, did YOU look round? What did you think?

As a driver, it will create a few problems. L.C.C. have thoughtfully put in a Drivers Room for us - They also have a ruling that no bus will be on the premises for more than 5 minutes

At least drivers are not being charged for using the toilets (unlike the passengers) All we have to do is queue up at the information desk, obtain 20p, go to the loo and wash/dry hands! Ah, even that might be a problem, we only have a max of 300 seconds to allow our passengers off and ticket those getting on, we (or the company) are likely to receive a reprimand should we exceed this time limit

Does anyone live near to the bus station and have a large parking area outside their house? I am in need of somewhere to park my 32 ft. bus at lunchtimes with adequate toilet facilities and with close proximity to food stores etc

Good or bad, we are stuck with it
Bolton in Ossy likes this.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:27   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have just been past about half n hour back, was completely empty no buses, no people, possibly another HBC success?
Old 10-07-2016, 11:36   #49
Always EVIL within us

I think that they chose a Sunday to open because there is virtually no service today. If it is a disaster tomorrow, they can rightly say " Well, it ran smoothly yesterday"
cashman and Bolton in Ossy like this.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:41   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747 View Post
I think that they chose a Sunday to open because there is virtually no service today. If it is a disaster tomorrow, they can rightly say " Well, it ran smoothly yesterday"
If i had been wanting to enquire about summat, there was no-one to ask as i saw?
Old 10-07-2016, 11:57   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747 View Post
As from today, the Accrington bus station is open. and ALL of the bus companies are to use it.
They held an "Open Day" last Thursday, did YOU look round? What did you think?

As a driver, it will create a few problems. L.C.C. have thoughtfully put in a Drivers Room for us - They also have a ruling that no bus will be on the premises for more than 5 minutes

At least drivers are not being charged for using the toilets (unlike the passengers) All we have to do is queue up at the information desk, obtain 20p, go to the loo and wash/dry hands! Ah, even that might be a problem, we only have a max of 300 seconds to allow our passengers off and ticket those getting on, we (or the company) are likely to receive a reprimand should we exceed this time limit

Does anyone live near to the bus station and have a large parking area outside their house? I am in need of somewhere to park my 32 ft. bus at lunchtimes with adequate toilet facilities and with close proximity to food stores etc

Good or bad, we are stuck with it
Who is actually going to enforce the rules at the new bus station ?

You can always come and park outside my shop at lunchtime, it will make a change from 10,000 Pilky buses queued up at the same time
BOB, AccyMad and Stevie R like this.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:48   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If i had been wanting to enquire about summat, there was no-one to ask as i saw?
There was no one around when I went in either Cashy, lovely information office but as you say - unmanned??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 13:27   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
There was no one around when I went in either Cashy, lovely information office but as you say - unmanned??
Yeh you got to be a good guesser, Yeh would have thought at least for an initial period they woulda manned it? but that takes sense, sadly lacking with yon lot.
Old 10-07-2016, 13:38   #54
God Member

with th e way some folk acted at the old bus station you would think at the new one they would be encouraging people to use a toilet not charge them for it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 14:51   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
with th e way some folk acted at the old bus station you would think at the new one they would be encouraging people to use a toilet not charge them for it
No doubt HBC will soon be announcing that Peel Street toilets will be closing.
Old 10-07-2016, 15:06   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
No doubt HBC will soon be announcing that Peel Street toilets will be closing.
At the last Chamber Of Trade meeting we were told there are no plans to close them yet by a councillor on Miles Parkinsons say so.

The market manager is hell bent on closing them to save costs.

That means they will probably close tomorrow. Famous last words when we campaigned to keep them open last time, 'They will never close on Labours watch'
Old 10-07-2016, 15:27   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The market manager was a complete ******, when i worked yon in me teens, seems nothings changed.
Old 10-07-2016, 15:30   #58
Beacon of light

Who was that Cashy? I can see his ugly mug in my head, but can't for the life of me remember his name......yes, he was a right old sourpuss!
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 15:45   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Wont say his name chance some relative is a member but it began with B his surname.
Old 10-07-2016, 16:49   #60
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Who is actually going to enforce the rules at the new bus station ?

You can always come and park outside my shop at lunchtime, it will make a change from 10,000 Pilky buses queued up at the same time
Thank you Lancsdave but the rumours are that they intend building a car park there Any truth in that do you know?
Did you notice that the council were filling in dints with tarmac on Friday outside your shop? Bit late for buses
Gremlin likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..