Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 19:26   #1
Junior Member+

NEW! Foxhill Bank Nature Reserve website

Hi everyone.

Just to let you know, there is now a website for the nature reserve http://www.foxhill-bank.org.uk

The site is still in development at the moment, but we thought we'd let you all have a sneak preview before it's officially launched.

Any feedback, negative or positive, would be greatly appreciated.

Likewise, if anyone feels they have relevant info that they would like to see on the site then please don't hesitate in contacting us at [email protected]

Thankyou,

Gary
we_the_people is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2004, 19:39   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: NEW! Foxhill Bank Nature Reserve website

Thanks Gary. That looks very interesting.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 20:07   #3
Junior Member+

Thanks Willow

It will be interesting, hopefully, when we get all the info and the photo gallery on there.

Gary
Old 12-09-2004, 20:26   #4
God Member

Hi Gary,
Very interesting site. One point, which may seem pedantic but I think is important, you need to take more care over punctuation. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2004, 21:39   #5
Resident Waffler

Thumbs up Re: NEW! Foxhill Bank Nature Reserve website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Hi Gary,
Very interesting site. One point, which may seem pedantic but I think is important, you need to take more care over punctuation. Good luck.
A bit of a spell check too. It may sound finicky but it does look much more professional when everything is spot on.

The layout is very attractive, not too fussy but interesting.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 22:34   #6
Always EVIL within us

Thanks for the info Gary, I will keep it in my "favourites"
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 22:55   #7
Junior Member+

Wow! Thanks everyone First time I've posted on this forum, didn't really know what to expect.

Thanks for the comments, I'll be going through the site tomorrow to get all those spelling mistakes and typos sorted out. We've put so much work into the site, I think it was a case of 'couldn't see for looking' lol.

Atarah, thanks, I spent about an hour looking at your facinating site this morning, if you have any photos of Foxhill Bank we'd be only too happy to put them on our gallery page
Old 12-09-2004, 23:26   #8
Junior Member+

It's nice in here, think I may become a regular
Old 13-09-2004, 12:33   #9
Resting in peace

Great idea - it is a wonderful place. I remember walking over Whiteash as a child and all round Foxhill Bank, and now our house looks over it. It is a great local asset, and deserves to be used and cared for.

Any suggestions about what to do about the oiks with quad bikes who charge around, mostly evening/night, terrifying the wildlife and wrecking the paths?
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2004, 12:46   #10

well done gary nice site
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2006, 17:39   #11
God Member

Just discovered this thread on a SEARCH for "nature" (no i dont want to get my kit off and run around the fields)... I want to try a bit of nature photography... This thread is 2 yrs old.. anyone know if the site and info is still relevant.. anyone been to this place.. anyone know of other nature places..

I remember as a kid being able to find nature stuff.. frogs and all manner of stuff.. now wouldnt know where... wanna photograph wildlife and anyting interesting... But local

Suggestions as to where and my other question.. ta?
Old 27-06-2006, 23:09   #12
Give, give, give member

Yup, still going strong.

Myself and Pendy and Gayle all over look it.

I sit in bed watching the herons, and very occasionally kingfishers.

The rubbish bins need emptying and they are building a new viewing platform, other than that it's very nice. Spring is great as it's been well planted with native spring flowers.

Friday night you may well see some wildlife, as young teens meet to court/make a racket.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 12:42   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I sit in bed watching the herons, and very occasionally kingfishers.
Very kind of you but I think i will stick to the paths and outdoor pics.......gulp

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
The rubbish bins need emptying and they are building a new viewing platform, other than that it's very nice. Spring is great as it's been well planted with native spring flowers.

Friday night you may well see some wildlife, as young teens meet to court/make a racket.
wasnt too sure what to make of the above so we went down this morning.... really took some finding and when we did I walked around the path and didnt think much of it.... then i saw a board with a map of the area... the board is just about readable its so mucky... anyways it showed two lodges and I missed them on the walk round... so off we went again and we found the lodges..... a lot better...

to think this is litrally a few minutes walk from the cenetaph in town... how many people would know... nothing spectacular and wrong time of year for anything colourfull... but I will post the pics later... I bet some will be surprised at whats so close

and if you have a good uninterupted view of all that and/or a lodge then your a very lucky fella gary
Old 28-06-2006, 12:53   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
and if you have a good uninterupted view of all that and/or a lodge then your a very lucky fella gary
He does. Apparently it is the best platform for viewing dogging activities in the whole of Hyndburn.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 12:53   #15
Give, give, give member

Probably help to find it if they had a map on the website.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..