Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2011, 01:29   #1
God Member

new Libyan constitution to based on Sharia Law

Wonder how Obama and Cameron will work this one , bomb the 'heck' out the place to get shut of Ghadaffi and what is he replaced with, a new Constitution based on Sharia Law ......well done guys

Libyan Draft Constitution: Sharia is 'Principal Source' of Laws

is this what MPs and Congress voted to support ?
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2011, 07:19   #2
God Member

Re: new Libyan constitution to based on Sharia Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Wonder how Obama and Cameron will work this one , bomb the 'heck' out the place to get shut of Ghadaffi and what is he replaced with, a new Constitution based on Sharia Law ......well done guys

"Heritage Foundation" What next, the "National Enquirer"
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 10:00   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

way i see it, Libya aint very high on me "Places to Visit"n whist "Sharia Law" don't float me boat, i should imagine its the "Lesser of 2 Evils" n really don't give a rats how the place is governed, let em cart on.
Old 23-08-2011, 10:08   #4
God Member

Mmmm, one one hand we complain about the yellow bellied liberal laws that seem to be applied by some weak willed law judges in the UK Then complain that LIbya is applying a set of laws that some of seem to be just what we want....

equally, just because you dont want to follow an Islamic law in an Islamic country does that make it wrong? you and I may not like some of it, we may even think its cruel but I'll say I'd also welcome some aspects of it....

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 10:22   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
way i see it, Libya aint very high on me "Places to Visit"n whist "Sharia Law" don't float me boat, i should imagine its the "Lesser of 2 Evils" n really don't give a rats how the place is governed, let em cart on.
My sentiments entirely, but its the oil factore init
Old 23-08-2011, 10:36   #6
JFT96

Absolutely, how dare these Muslim clerics come over here and tell us how to live. It's up to us to go over there and tell them how to live........
But then again, I could be wrong!!!!!!!

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 10:40   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
My sentiments entirely, but its the oil factore init
everyone im sure is aware of that, but does it really matter who's flogging it?
Old 23-08-2011, 12:04   #8
I am Banned

Quote:

Can't read the dammed thing every time I try to open it the computer freezes up. Noticed on news last night, a group of libians in Manchester cheering at the so called victory, why were'nt they in libia helping in the fight.
Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 23-08-2011 at 12:06. Reason: Spelling
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 12:58   #9

People's problem isn't normally with Sharia Law itself - it's with people trying to introduce it to Western Society where we presume to be above it. Just because we wouldn't want it here, doesn't mean that it's wrong for Libya. If they're making a democracy, they can choose their own law democratically.

What our MP's think of it means nothing whatsoever.
Pudwoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 13:30   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Mmmm, one one hand we complain about the yellow bellied liberal laws that seem to be applied by some weak willed law judges in the UK Then complain that LIbya is applying a set of laws that some of seem to be just what we want....

equally, just because you dont want to follow an Islamic law in an Islamic country does that make it wrong? you and I may not like some of it, we may even think its cruel but I'll say I'd also welcome some aspects of it....
yet on the other hand depends on if it is still available in a country running sharia law

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 13:38   #11
Beacon of light

Surely, we can't be surprised that a muslim country opts for laws that reflect the main religion.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 13:43   #12
Beacon of light

It is interesting to note that the right to practise a religion other than Islam is to be included in the constitution, that Asylum seekers and refugees will be accepted.....the constitution also seeks to promote marriage and families......and to support human rights.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 14:14   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is interesting to note that the right to practise a religion other than Islam is to be included in the constitution, that Asylum seekers and refugees will be accepted.....the constitution also seeks to promote marriage and families......and to support human rights.

I think something like this was the point of my response. If the source of this "shocking" revelation is an American think tank which is two goose steps to the right of Ghengis Khan then one has to reach for a very large container of salt. Obviously they are going to reach for the most sensational and "un-American" part of the document. Ironically, is the Perry, Bachman, Palin, Tea Party vision for the US all that much different? Change the name of the prophet, and you can see the similarities.

The revolution is not going to solve all the problems; revolutions never do. But it's one small step etc. And if what is happening in the region has taught us anything, it has revealed that the power lies with the people, not with the "leaders". Maybe it's time for us in the west to exercise the powers that we have had for so long that we seem to have forgotten how to use them. And I'm not talking riots and looting.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 15:34   #14
God Member

Quote:

They will eventually learn not to keep sticking their noses in wasps nests....
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 16:00   #15

Will we be getting some free oil ?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..