Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2013, 05:58   #16

Re: New theory on the origins of man

Hmm! If it's true I'm just wondering who it was who showed them (the ape and the pig) 'how to'....

....and keep on enjoying your bacon butties, Margaret - I know I will!!!!
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2013, 14:57   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
I always hum the tune of "On Ilkley Moor baht'at" when I think about where I am going
As long as it's not them geese and peacocks at the bottom of Less's street, eh?
Is there a secret competition going on, see how many threads we can mention geese and peacocks?
DtheP47 likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 15:32   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Hmm! If it's true I'm just wondering who it was who showed them (the ape and the pig) 'how to'....
Seems a bit far fetched to me, how could a pig get his leg oer an ape, might be a bit feasable tother way round, but its still stretches the imagination a bit, aren't pigs domesticated Boars, aren't Boars a bit aggresive, I think that mon is looking for notariety, just waffle that can't be proved one way or the other.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 15:38   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
oh how i hope this is proven to be true because of the halal issue alone lol
Why, are certain religions not allowed to eat apes?
Less likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 16:56   #20
God Member

Bonobos monkeys use sexual acts frequently and casually as a form of greeting to other group members of either sex.
Bonobo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We may well regard this practice as deviant, but bestiality occurs in our society and is not confined to men with sheep or horses.

I consider it quite probable that a female monkey used the genitalia of a wild boar for gratification.

Last edited by MargaretR; 30-11-2013 at 16:59.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 17:25   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I consider it quite probable that a female monkey used the genitalia of a wild boar for gratification.
I hope she let him have them back afterwards!

Our DNA has a 50% match with a banana- the mind boggles!
Old 30-11-2013, 17:42   #22
Full Member+

Well that explains all the snorting,snotty pigs who are usually stood behind me at the Asda checkout coughing their germs in to the back of my neck.
cashman and Gremlin like this.
Old 30-11-2013, 22:56   #23
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
An interesting slant on the old standard of "Pulling a pig".
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 30-11-2013, 23:50   #24

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Bonobos monkeys use sexual acts frequently and casually as a form of greeting to other group members of either sex.
Bonobo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We may well regard this practice as deviant, but bestiality occurs in our society and is not confined to men with sheep or horses.

Sorry if I'm missing your point but can't seem to find anything stating that these particular monkeys have varied sexual encounters with anything other than their own species..they don't seem to exhibit any behaviours that you wouldn't see at an average alcohol fueled xmas office party
Old 01-12-2013, 01:30   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Sorry if I'm missing your point but can't seem to find anything stating that these particular monkeys have varied sexual encounters with anything other than their own species..they don't seem to exhibit any behaviours that you wouldn't see at an average alcohol fueled xmas office party
Ape groups have social outcasts and, having such a high sex drive, they are likely to be deviant.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 13:21   #26
Senior Member+

If we have learned how to splice genes together and create life in a test tube! Then... Then just perhaps there is a race of Aliens who gentially engineered us from Monkies and Pigs! I think that is what Margaret is getting at?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 13:53   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
perhaps there is a race of Aliens who gentially engineered us from Monkies and Pigs!
Anything's possible. Even you.

By the way, is 'gentially' a Freudian slip? I'm worried about you!

Should be a smilie there but I did it wrong again!
Old 14-12-2013, 13:56   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Anything's possible. Even you.
By the way, is 'gentially' a Freudian slip? I'm worried about you!

Should be a smilie there but I did it wrong again!
ha ha ha - no it's a plain old spelling mistake? Meant to be "genetically"
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 23:46   #29

New theories of all stripes appear. What matters if these theories are to gain acceptance is whether or not they survive the processes of peer review - broadly, do others agree that theory is consistent with observation and other established principles? It's [TRANSGRESSION - abbreviation] too early to conclude that this theory is part of what is as true as humans can divine , though it's [TRANSGRESSION - abbreviation] too late to dampen the enthusiasm of the mockers. It's [TRANSGRESSION - abbreviation] always too late for that.
Graham Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 00:44   #30

Graham, if you don't mind me saying so you seem to do an awful lot of transgressing - so I assume you are either very 'naughty' or you lead a most interesting life.....
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..