Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 12:16   #1

NHS Choose and Book

Does the Choose and Book service ever run smoothly?

Today is the second time I have had occasion to u se and I just find it so frustrating, it was so much easier when they just sent you a date at the nearest hospital.

Last time I tried to us C&B , about 6 months ago all the system were down and when I did get an appolintment for my convenience the consultant canceled it.

Today it took me ages to get the right web site, then I got all confused with passwords etc. so I rang the telephone number. The answerphone advised me that 'all the operators are busy' and gave me details of the web site. With patience I managed to get through to a human, who to her credit was very nice, but she did not have details of which consultant was at which hospital, so I just had to choose a hospital at random.I choose Accy Vic and apparently that hospital has not sent details of their hospital so the Choose and Book service will pass on my details to the hospital and they will write to me!! I really think this could have happened in the first place.

But the question is does this service ever work without problems?
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-07-2008, 12:23   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: NHS Choose and Book

gotta say polly, i have used it 3 times n never had a problem, have been to Gisburn Park twice n Euxton Hall once, n service i got was first class, am going to Burnley next week fer another, from what i experianced ya must be unlucky. hope ya get sorted ok.
Old 01-07-2008, 14:36   #3
Senior Member+

I've just been today for an appointment at guisburn park and I have to say choose and book were fab for me too. Also if you're given the option of gisburn park take it it's lovely, they will also take you and bring you back for free.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 14:41   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
I've just been today for an appointment at guisburn park and I have to say choose and book were fab for me too. Also if you're given the option of gisburn park take it it's lovely, they will also take you and bring you back for free.
i usually choose gisburn park, if offered, if it aint euxton hall is as good.
Old 01-07-2008, 15:40   #5
Resting in Peace

I've used it twice and had no problems, but my friend has had two oppiontments cancelled and has got another one, in six months time, if she sees a consultant this time it will be nearly 2 years since her first enquiry
Old 01-07-2008, 16:56   #6
Resident Waffler

Gisburn Park is lovely but for me I just want the soonest available as long as I can get to it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:20   #7

I'v only used it once and never realy had a problem with it.
Nori Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 13:08   #8

Well I am still waiting for Accrington Victoria to communicate with me, but I have had a letter from NHS Choose and Book reminding me to get in touch with them for an appointment!

I rang them in Milton Keynes and was told to ignore the reminder! What a waste of money
Old 14-07-2008, 13:47   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

was at burnley last week, no problem, was actually attended too 5 mins early,am booked in fer n op next month, shall see how that goes, ya must be one of the unlucky ones polly.
Old 25-07-2008, 15:04   #10

Today, 24 days after first ringing Choose and Book, my appointment arrived. Unfortunately it was not for Accrington Victoria but for Rossendale General. Ah well...............
Old 25-07-2008, 20:27   #11
God Member

Apparently you now get to choose which hospital you attend to give birth.

My friend is pregnant and has been asked which hospital she wants to go to.

It's only 5 years since I last gave birth but there was nowt like that in my day.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..