Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2011, 22:36   #1
God Member

NHS to be "shown no mercy"

One of Camerons new advisors on NHS reforms gave a speech to a group of private health companies ...

Cameron health adviser: NHS to be “shown no mercy” in privatisation | Political Scrapbook

lets get things clear.. this government have been told by all and sundry within the medical profession that these "reforms" will ruin the NHS..they are based on tory ideology, pure and simple!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-05-2011, 22:56   #2
God Member

Re: NHS to be "shown no mercy"

yep goodbye nhs it in the ideology anybody who cant see this must have blue tinted glasses
Old 18-05-2011, 01:15   #3
God Member

its well known all the torys have ever stood for is the destruction of medical treatment for the poor and working classes.Wish folk would remember this when election time comes around but each time they say they wont cripple the nhs and each time after a few months they set about destroying it in one way or another.

i know the nhs is a money pit but i would rather see money thrown into our money pit than the money pit of countries like Pakistan that has no benefit what so ever for the people of the UK

mind you charging the welsh and Scottish for prescriptions would be a good start why are we paying for their medicine when they want independence so much

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 06:38   #4
Beacon of light

so it isn't David Cameron who is saying this is it? It is one of the advisors.

The government have been told in no uncertain terms by GPs, and Medical Associations that the plans have been poorly thought out. Governments in the past of all persuasions have tinkered around the edges of the NHS....none of them have improved the establishment.......these reforms that are being mooted are just another layer of that tinkering.

The nations health cannot be treated like it is a commercail product, and be subjected to Market forces.
To bring in commercial providers is madness.
Why are Commercial providers in the market? To make a profit. That means they will do things as cheaply as possible to maximise their profit margins.
It won't provide competition, and it certainly won't drive up standards of care....and how do I know this? Well, look at the care for the elderly....prices of care homes are sky high, the care in many of them is of a poor standard, and those who do the caring are paid peanuts.
All this has been discussed in previous threads.
I can think of many ways that the NHS could save money......and have posted these ideas in another thread.

The NHS does need to be reformed...but not in this way
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 06:47   #5
God Member

its probably a story drummed up by Cameron so he can rush in and save the day announcing NOOOOOOoooo not on my watch,fear not people i am here to save the day,Im a nice Tory see.

then we are all thankful for something we wern't going to loose anyway and think hes absolutely splendid

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 18-05-2011, 07:27   #6
Beacon of light

could be, Accyman, could be.
Anyway hasn't Nick Clegg said he will oppose the reforms......wants to get his own back for the AV fiasco.
Old 18-05-2011, 07:30   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Anyway hasn't Nick Clegg said he will oppose the reforms......wants to get his own back for the AV fiasco.
i dont think clegg has the backbone to oppose one of Camerons farts nevermind a policy

Old 18-05-2011, 08:10   #8
Beacon of light

Well, that could be right too, but when I said Clegg, I also meant the rest of the Lib Dems who David Cameron must rely on to vote with the conservatives.

I have to be careful how I post my opinions, don't want Mancie to think I have turned into a Labourite
Old 18-05-2011, 19:46   #9
Beacon of light

Quote:
I do not know why this post should warrant negative Karma.......whoever gave it failed to sign it(but I do have my suspicions)....but Thanks anyway. At least you can read, but thinking, well, that might just be a bit harder for you.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-05-2011 at 19:51.
Old 19-05-2011, 19:33   #10
God Member

Quote:
I do not know why this post should warrant negative Karma.......whoever gave it failed to sign it(but I do have my suspicions)....but Thanks anyway. At least you can read, but thinking, well, that might just be a bit harder for you.
Now there's a coincidence ...same sort of thing has happened to me and I've a good idea who it is.
Old 19-05-2011, 20:26   #11
Beacon of light

Now isn't that a shame.....if you are trying to say something just spit it out.
If it had been me........you would have known, I SIGN my Karma......whatever colour it is.
(and I rarely give the red stuff)
Old 19-05-2011, 20:28   #12
Beacon of light

Anyway......you have confirmed my thoughts.
Old 19-05-2011, 20:50   #13
God Member

Well maybe someone's playing a silly game...but it's no big deal anyway
Old 20-05-2011, 06:19   #14
Beacon of light

Mancie.....what goes around comes around! (no smiley from me).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..