Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By flashy
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2013, 13:52   #1
Senior Member+

NHS wasting money

On Thursday this week I had to go to the Royal Blackburn Hospital to have my finger stiched. I received very good service . Today through the post I received a leaflet titled " East Lancashire Hospital Aftercare Service" The first paragraph said " The hospital aftercare service supports older people after a hospital discharge. We aim to help you with any immediate problems you may have on returning home from hospital"
What is the point of this . I had 1 stitch , not a major operation. How many of these do they send out with the cost of printing and postage?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2013, 15:52   #2
God Member

Re: NHS wasting money

and if you didnt get any aftercare you would be
moaning about neglect, please pull yourself together and stop moaning about the nhs trying to help folk after an incident
cmonstanley likes this.
Old 21-12-2013, 15:55   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
and if you didnt get any aftercare you would be
moaning about neglect, please pull yourself together and stop moaning about the nhs trying to help folk after an incident
I'm not moaning about my treatment but what a waste of money sending this leaflet out to me when all I had was one stitch done in quick time.Why should I need aftercare ,I was told to go to my G.P. to take out my stitch
Old 21-12-2013, 15:59   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

They could have given it you as you were discharged to save on postage
Old 21-12-2013, 16:01   #5
Beacon of light

I would imagine that this is generated by a computer program which doesn't have the ability to recognise whether the incident was minor or not...it is there to try and help older members of the public...and if this saves one older person from having a poor recovery, then it has to be put into that kind of perspective.
There are other more worrying forms of waste in the NHS.
Be grateful that you were delat with in good time, that your injury was not serious....and look forward to enjoying the festive season.
flashy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 16:13   #6
Senior Member+

I cannot praise the staff enough, its' just like any other big big concern.
Old 21-12-2013, 16:33   #7
God Member

i dont think postage is an issue they will most likely pay a flat fee per year to royal mail so it wont matter how many letters are or are not sent

never see stamps on letters from hospital they use a franking machine

thats how my pals online buisness works anyway he can send any amount of letters up to a certain size and weight for a flat fee each year

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 17:24   #8
Senior Member+

It`s likely that it wasn`t sent by the nhs anyway, the aftercare is outsourced to private companies. My daughter used to do this work for housing 21, and anyone over a certain age who has been to hospital gets the option for home visits by a carer.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..