Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 09:48   #31
Super Moderator

Re: No finger lickin' bacon in Accy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
these dogooding numpties keep trying to make special cases where there are none
So how does KFC qualify as "dogooding numpties"? Surely, they're a commercial organisation who've seen a market niche and gone for it. If this particular marketing experiment doesn't pay, they'll drop faster than you can say "Allah be praised"!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:56   #32
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So how does KFC qualify as "dogooding numpties"? Surely, they're a commercial organisation who've seen a market niche and gone for it. If this particular marketing experiment doesn't pay, they'll drop faster than you can say "Allah be praised"!
I don't think he was talking about KFC as such, just the whole stupidly prejudiced system we have at the moment where organisations bend over backwards for minority groups to score a few brownie points.

This instance is primarily a commercial gesture of course, but given that vast numbers of the clientele have been Asian whenever I've been to the Accrington branch of KFC it is also symptomatic of the needlessly politically correct nightmare we're sliding into.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:01   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I don't think he was talking about KFC as such, just the whole stupidly prejudiced system we have at the moment where organisations bend over backwards for minority groups to score a few brownie points.

This instance is primarily a commercial gesture of course, but given that vast numbers of the clientele have been Asian whenever I've been to the Accrington branch of KFC it is also symptomatic of the needlessly politically correct nightmare we're sliding into.
Is your other job a mind reader Ken
Old 12-04-2010, 10:08   #34
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Is your other job a mind reader Ken
With my wife I have to be.....

And in answer to the questions I predict you're about to ask me:

1) Yes

2) Bright blue

3) Cold, greasy tripe and raw eggs

Old 12-04-2010, 11:24   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
With my wife I have to be.....

And in answer to the questions I predict you're about to ask me:

1) Yes

2) Bright blue

3) Cold, greasy tripe and raw eggs

The only thing you got wrong in the above was the name of the person asking the question, not Jaysay but me.

1) have you ever worn your wife's underwear in public?
2) What colour does your backside go when you find yourself in a 'mating' mode?
3) What would be the the most erotically stimulating ingredients you could put in a bath that you plan to share with a loved one?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:03   #36
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The only thing you got wrong in the above was the name of the person asking the question, not Jaysay but me.

1) have you ever worn your wife's underwear in public?
2) What colour does your backside go when you find yourself in a 'mating' mode?
3) What would be the the most erotically stimulating ingredients you could put in a bath that you plan to share with a loved one?
Spot on. How do I do it?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:54   #37
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Politics aside, it's just another sign of the times. As the traditional customer base is eroded away business will look to make up the shortfall & if you've got x 1000 Muslims on your doorstep who don't do Mc D's or Burgerthing, well good old Southern Fried Chicken is your next best thing !!!

And to back it all up & to make sure it's "Kosher" or as they call it Halal, they've applied for the stamp & received it. If it truly is or not well that's another matter, but in the meantime as a blatant marketing opportunity to get people through the doors !

Note the use of "Southern" as the view from "Kentucky" isn't exactly in favour of our darker skinned Burghers. One more point, the header for the last paragraph : Don’t blame KFC–blame self-centered Americans:

Now replace Self-centered Americans - With self serving ????? take your pick !

KFC's 'racist' ad - The Week
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 16:45   #38
God Member

just took a look at the kfc website and there is no option to email kfc but you can ring them or write to them if you are not happy with the switch to halal meat and their catering for the minority of their customers and total disregard for the majority.

Quote:
Call our Customer Careline on 0845 753 2532 Monday – Friday from 9am – 4pm.

Write to us at:

Customer Services Department
KFC Customer Services
PO Box 57984
London
W4 9AX
they have recently got more strict on their dips policy and now insist that they be paid for at all times which is like a chip shop charging you for salt and vinigar so while your on the phone it may be worth mentioning that as well ;-)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 12-04-2010 at 16:47.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 16:50   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
just took a look at the kfc website and there is no option to email kfc but you can ring them or write to them if you are not happy with the switch to halal meat and their catering for the minority of their customers and total disregard for the majority.

they have recently got more strict on their dips policy and now insist that they be paid for at all times which is like a chip shop charging you for salt and vinigar so while your on the phone it may be worth mentioning that as well ;-)
Contact us - KFC.co.uk
Old 12-04-2010, 17:07   #40
God Member

Why not just not buy there.
It was muck before it went halal and it is still muck now

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 20:12   #41
God Member

Quote:
still no email contact so whats teh difference?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 20:17   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Why not just not buy there.
It was muck before it went halal and it is still muck now
Not quite, Margaret.. 'Muck' has various uses, most of them positive - the dog and cat varieties being exceptions. KFC is not muck - it is far, far worse. The only thing we can do with this stuff is to stick it in lead lined containers, place it on a barge and then sink it in the Mid-Atlantic Trench to a depth of 50,000ft and then pray to God that there is no effect on the fish food chain.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 20:27   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Not quite, Margaret.. 'Muck' has various uses, most of them positive - the dog and cat varieties being exceptions. KFC is not muck - it is far, far worse. The only thing we can do with this stuff is to stick it in lead lined containers, place it on a barge and then sink it in the Mid-Atlantic Trench to a depth of 50,000ft and then pray to God that there is no effect on the fish food chain.

On the positive side and in defence of KFC, any food they have left over isn't kept for the following day, it is thrown away that night.

On the negative side it must cost them and the environment a fortune having so many skips emptied every night ready for business the next day.
Old 12-04-2010, 20:58   #44
God Member

Quote:
On the positive side and in defence of KFC, any food they have left over isn't kept for the following day, it is thrown away that night.

On the negative side it must cost them and the environment a fortune having so many skips emptied every night ready for business the next day.
Errr...it ain't food, Less. I really don't think there is a word in the English Language to sufficiently describe what KFC produces. Maybe if William Shakespeare was alive today he would come up with one. He did iinvent and then intoduce many words into the English Language..maybe he would have come up with 'Kenfruckel' or something similar, with variations as verb, adjective, etc. I dunno.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 21:05   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
intoduce
Not just Shakespeare, Tealeaf has a talent for new words as well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..