Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 21:07   #46
God Member

Re: No finger lickin' bacon in Accy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not just Shakespeare, Tealeaf has a talent for new words as well.

Shakespeare did not have to contend with dodgy keyboards.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2010, 21:19   #47
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Shakespeare did not have to contend with dodgy keyboards.
He probably said, "Yea verily hast thou not seen This very quill that I plucked during the mists of an early dawn, suffers greatly from the rising ditchwater air, my words spilleth not onto the page but in one large ink stained morass upon each other as doeth the body of a still born kitten".

The poorest excuse, Act three, scene 42 and a half
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 21:51   #48
God Member

Or maybe:

'...my kingdom, my kingdom for a spellchecker,'
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 23:05   #49
Give, give, give member

Apparently you can get birds ready plucked in Israel. Though they might get stuck in some people's gullets, being Jewish chickens, even when fried in the Colonel's secret recipe of eleven herbs and spices.

Though I suppose all slaughter methods are available for the poor pluckers.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 23:23   #50
Give, give, give member

At least they don't use battery farming methods, and the produce is allowed freedom of movement, before hitting the fryer.

FOXNews.com - NYC KFC-Taco Bell Passed Inspection Day Before Rats Caught on Tape - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News

Attached Images
File Type: jpg colrat.jpg (48.4 KB, 0 views)

Old 13-04-2010, 05:07   #51
God Member

i would only be concerned if it was free moving after it was cooked lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 08:51   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
He probably said, "Yea verily hast thou not seen This very quill that I plucked during the mists of an early dawn, suffers greatly from the rising ditchwater air, my words spilleth not onto the page but in one large ink stained morass upon each other as doeth the body of a still born kitten".

The poorest excuse, Act three, scene 42 and a half
Hell Less a poet and you didn't know it
Old 13-04-2010, 08:52   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I'll wait for the Grand Order any day then, should I?

Let's not confuse attacking party policy with general frustration against stupidity, as demonstrated by my 'tirades' against the PC Brigade. Organisations who keep making new rules to appease supposedly oppressed minorities who haven't uttered a single word of complaint aren't always looked upon too favourably, as demonstrated here by KFC.

Things come in cycles and the tide is turning against a system that is eroding culture and making things that we've lived with for years either prejudiced or a health and safety concern.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
So, there is going to be a backlash
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 09:05   #54
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
So, there is going to be a backlash
Maybe 'backlash' is too strong a term but whenever this comes up in conversation the general consensus is that people don't like being told that something they've been used to all their lives without it causing any problems is suddenly an issue with certain groups.

With all the decent halal food outlets around Hyndburn it would seem odd for the Muslim council to cause any sort of fuss about KFC not serving food that they can eat.

From the little I know of poultry farming, chickens are actually killed in halal style anyway to keep the meat in the right conditions.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 09:19   #55
God Member

well i just got off the phone with KFC and was told it is a trial but i doubt that somehow i think its just to appease the people who ring up but i was told that they are recieving quite a lot of complaints and oddly enough the so called trials arnt going on in america .

I also pointed out that muslims have been eating there way before they introduced this policy and actually working in the kfc places with the non halal meat so there was no need to appeal to teh muslim faith because they were already customers and employees

i was thanked for my input and on a lighter note if you ring now you may get the same sexy sounding chick i did ( not a cruchy fried one)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 13-04-2010, 09:35   #56
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
With all the decent halal food outlets around Hyndburn it would seem odd for the Muslim council to cause any sort of fuss about KFC not serving food that they can eat.
As far as I'm aware no pressure was put on KFC to serve halal food. As was previously pointed out, this decision seems to be there's alone, based on economics.

It remains to be seen, at the end of the trial, whether or not it was a wise one.

Old 13-04-2010, 09:40   #57
God Member

i think there are 2 dixie chicken outlets in accy and one caladoinia which both are halal meat users so its not a sthough there wa sany need for this move by kfc.I stopped using subway some time back because lancashire stores switched to halal meat which incidently brings me to ask why is it just lancashire that has these outlets switching to halal meat do we not have any whites in lancashire anymore or somthing .I think teh only fast food outlet localy that hasnt switched to halal meat is mcdonalds so i suppose with peopel avoiding kfc and not realy wanting to eat mcdonalds teh christian/white english will be eating more healthy lol

Old 13-04-2010, 09:45   #58
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i think there are 2 dixie chicken outlets in accy and one caladoinia which both are halal meat users so its not a sthough there wa sany need for this move by kfc.I stopped using subway some time back because lancashire stores switched to halal meat which incidently brings me to ask why is it just lancashire that has these outlets switching to halal meat do we not have any whites in lancashire anymore or somthing .I think teh only fast food outlet localy that hasnt switched to halal meat is mcdonalds so i suppose with peopel avoiding kfc and not realy wanting to eat mcdonalds teh christian/white english will be eating more healthy lol
Some people with white skins might Muslims, and some with brown skins might be Christians.

Some people, of whatever colour, mightn't be religious at all.

Old 13-04-2010, 10:16   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Some people with white skins might Muslims, and some with brown skins might be Christians.

Some people, of whatever colour, mightn't be religious at all.
ok perhaps what i should have asked is what is it about lancashire that makes us so different from teh rest of the uk that makes KFC and subway think that the majority of the population here are muslim and need catering for

Old 13-04-2010, 10:21   #60
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
For instance, if I went into a KFC and the clientele was largely Asian, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, whereas to you it's "symptomatic of the needlessly correct political nightmare we're sliding into."
How on Earth did you leap to that? As I've previously stated, the clientele in KFC Accrington already seems to have a large Asian presence so why alter things to please a group who don't appear to be complaining?

Come back at me by all means, but at least read my posts properly.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..